Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#1021 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

I've had pretty good success with Amazon trade-in's until recently. I noticed that when I send in 2-3 games in a box, they all get accepted just fine. 100% success rate there. That's what I had been doing since they started their trade-in program.

Lately, when I've been sending in 6 games in one box (yes, nicely packed and everything), one or two games have been rejected even though they're in perfect condition. 0% success rate there. Both times I've done it I've had one or two games rejected.

Didn't see it in the FAQ, but does anyone know if I wanted to inquire about it, do I just hit up the regular Amazon customer service chat? Or is there a special Noram/whatever customer service area that I can't find? Thanks in advance.

#1022 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

You're supposed to use the regular Amazon customer service.

I traded in $300 worth of credit in the past two weeks and haven't had any problems with any of my games as of yet.

#1023 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

my trade in for Catherine got rejected cause I didn't have the cd. How long will it take to return and can I send it again but accept its lower value?

When you say the cd are you talking about the game disc? I sent in two from the last B2G1 from gamestop but neither copy had anything special about them. Just game and manual.

#1024 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Just a heads up for anyone looking to trade in Assassin's Creed Revelations :360: - the _only_ version currently with a tiv is listed as "Standard with TriOviz 3d Glasses". The "Standard" version (upc 008888526841) that I think everyone on the planet has is not available for trade-in presently. I'll send mine in anyways, but ymmv for sure if they end up taking it.

#1025 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

:wii: Wipeout: The Game TIV is $30 :shock:

17.99/19.99 at GS for those looking to move some credit

#1026 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Just a heads up for anyone looking to trade in Assassin's Creed Revelations :360: - the _only_ version currently with a tiv is listed as "Standard with TriOviz 3d Glasses". The "Standard" version (upc 008888526841) that I think everyone on the planet has is not available for trade-in presently. I'll send mine in anyways, but ymmv for sure if they end up taking it.

For what it's worth, Amazon sent me the one (Standard w/ TriOviz 3d glasses) during BF, so I think that's the one they were selling until they ran out. Not sure if they're going to switch the TIV over to the new one they're selling now, though.

#1027 luischav3z

luischav3z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

I have a question.
If I submit a trade in for the limit which is 2 but decide to just send none and let the deadline pass. Does that still counts as my limit and I would need to wait 3 months to trade them in?

sorry if im unclear

#1028 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

I have a question.
If I submit a trade in for the limit which is 2 but decide to just send none and let the deadline pass. Does that still counts as my limit and I would need to wait 3 months to trade them in?

sorry if im unclear

you'll have to manually cancel it later on even if it expired to trade it in the future.

#1029 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

so my flips are sitting there. said they were delivered dec 1st. hopefully just taking their time. i was a day late past the 7day deadline for shipping, but didnt think that would cause a ruckus. crossing fingers. ugh

so la noire 360 complete is lower tiv than normal la noire 360. whatever ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1030 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

If and when we can start trading in the normal version:
Can I trade in my Walmart labeled copy of Asscreed Revelations ps3 to Amazon?
There is a little Warmart box on the cover (b/c it was a special Walmart edition that came w/ the Brutus armor dlc code).
The upc code on my Walmart edition is: 008888366843

#1031 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

so my flips are sitting there. said they were delivered dec 1st. hopefully just taking their time. i was a day late past the 7day deadline for shipping, but didnt think that would cause a ruckus. crossing fingers. ugh

so la noire 360 complete is lower tiv than normal la noire 360. whatever ;)

I had five packages delivered between Wed/Thurs and so far they've done two packages (Fri, Sat) so likely just taking their time. Might depend how large each package is too, as mine were just one game.

#1032 PopCall

PopCall

Proud Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:56 AM

If and when we can start trading in the normal version:
Can I trade in my Walmart labeled copy of Asscreed Revelations ps3 to Amazon?
There is a little Warmart box on the cover (b/c it was a special Walmart edition that came w/ the Brutus armor dlc code).
The upc code on my Walmart edition is: 008888366843

If the actual UPC is different from the standard version everyone else has, you're out of luck from my experience.

#1033 PopCall

PopCall

Proud Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

I know you can cancel a trade in but is this frowned upon by amazon? Do they have to pay ups anyway when I do cancel? I ask because I want to lock in the awesome tiv for AC:R but not sure I'll be done with the game in a week.

I do this often as I will see trade in values change sometimes for the better. Never heard a word.

#1034 zxyannd

zxyannd

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

When you say the cd are you talking about the game disc? I sent in two from the last B2G1 from gamestop but neither copy had anything special about them. Just game and manual.

Amazon also just rejected my tradein for Catherine for missing artworks. I've send in the manual along with CD, but I guess Catherine come with some artworks.

#1035 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

Amazon also just rejected my tradein for Catherine for missing artworks. I've send in the manual along with CD, but I guess Catherine come with some artworks.

Thats going to suck for me if it gets rejected. I tried talking to an amazon rep last night because when you view the page it shows them with a second disc and a little artwork thing. Apparently those were supposed to be preorder bonuses but the game never really sold out so all copies are still coming with them.

#1036 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:38 AM

Thats going to suck for me if it gets rejected. I tried talking to an amazon rep last night because when you view the page it shows them with a second disc and a little artwork thing. Apparently those were supposed to be preorder bonuses but the game never really sold out so all copies are still coming with them.

Damn that would suck I sent them a 360 & PS3 copy last week, I know a lot of places don't sell it with the preorder bonus anymore does amazon still?

#1037 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

Damn that would suck I sent them a 360 & PS3 copy last week, I know a lot of places don't sell it with the preorder bonus anymore does amazon still?

Theres some posts on Catherine's page from back in Oct and Nov with people stating they still got them with their new copies from amazon. If mine get sent back I'm not sure entirely sure what the hell I'm going to do with them.

#1038 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

A quickie credit mover from gs to amazon - blitz II :ps3: is 19.99 used, trades in for just over 20.00

#1039 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

Your Rage should get accepted. The bonus DLC sheets don't count. I always take them out of the case before sending them (in case I or a friend needs a code in the future).

Looks like my Catherine's got rejected for the lack of artwork and sound disc as well. That's kinda ridiculous.

#1040 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Does anyone have any experience trading in Borderlands GOTY (XB360) with the token codes (as opposed to the DLC on a 2nd disk)? The UPC points to the only Borderlands GOTY that they have (which is the one with the 2nd disk). If I submit it, will it be rejected because there is no 2nd DLC disk?

To answer my own question... I submitted the Borderlands GOTY with DLC tokens (as opposed to 2nd disk) and it was rejected for "wrong edition" despite the fact that its UPC points to the GOTY edition with 2nd disk.

#1041 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

ATTENTION FOR ALL WHO GOT THEIR CATHERINE REJECTED

For those who Catherine was rejected for: talk to costumer service. I did and they promised to give me the difference once I resubmit the trade. I told them that the artbook/soundtrack were pre order only, so it does not count as a bundle and they agreed. Once I get them back I'm re sending them with option to downgrade then talking to customer service again since I know they will make the same mistake again. Should get the difference in promotional credit (My original trade in was for 32 a game).

#1042 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Your Rage should get accepted. The bonus DLC sheets don't count. I always take them out of the case before sending them (in case I or a friend needs a code in the future).

Looks like my Catherine's got rejected for the lack of artwork and sound disc as well. That's kinda ridiculous.

Off topic, but where did you guys get Rage so cheap? I'm looking to purchase one to play.:)

Sorry in advance if you guys aren't flipping Rage, but simply trading it. :)

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#1043 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Off topic, but where did you guys get Rage so cheap? I'm looking to purchase one to play.:)

They are almost all flipping it. At gamestop, they got it during the b2g1. Catherine was $30 I think and rage was pretty cheap.

Were you in hibernation during BF because Rage was 29.99 for the anarchy edition @ newegg and 29.99 in a lot of places.

#1044 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

For those who Catherine was rejected for: talk to costumer service. I did and they promised to give me the difference once I resubmit the trade.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

The Rage I sent in was one I had pre-ordered and bought from Amazon to play. But, as pointed out above, it was also really cheap at Gamestop's B2G1 free sale. There is another B2G1 free sale this Thursday, I believe. Check the Gamestop thread.

#1045 Gamien

Gamien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

For those who Catherine was rejected for: talk to costumer service. I did and they promised to give me the difference once I resubmit the trade. I told them that the artbook/soundtrack were pre order only, so it does not count as a bundle and they agreed. Once I get them back I'm re sending them with option to downgrade then talking to customer service again since I know they will make the same mistake again. Should get the difference in promotional credit (My original trade in was for 32 a game).

I got it "Like New" from warehouse deals, beat it, and traded it in. Since they denied it claiming "Acceptable" I'm just going to process a return for being the wrong condition :roll:
Currently Playing
:ds: The World Ends With You
:ps3: Crysis 2

Earn for Charity While You Shop Online - FREE at clickanthropy.org

#1046 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Will they reject a game brand new and in shrink wrap? Better to open it?

#1047 herpderp118

herpderp118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

anyone care to chime in what the difference between the two seemingly same exact game are:

trades in for 30
http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

trades in for 8
http://www.amazon.co...23138638&sr=1-1

#1048 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

anyone care to chime in what the difference between the two seemingly same exact game are:

trades in for 30
http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

trades in for 8
http://www.amazon.co...23138638&sr=1-1

Both the EAN and ASIN are different item numbers so they are different products. At one time there were three Duke Nukem DS games in the works, my guess is they created an item for each Critical Mass, Chain Reaction and whatever the third one was called, once the game finally came out two years later they either replaced the placeholder incorrectly or things changed to the point were they had to create a new item.

EDIT: How did you even find that? My searches result in squat.

#1049 herpderp118

herpderp118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

tivtracker.com

where does it list EAN? are either EAN or ASIN on the physical box itself so i know what i have?

#1050 Caddywompus21

Caddywompus21

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

tivtracker.com

where does it list EAN? are either EAN or ASIN on the physical box itself so i know what i have?

You can type in the UPC when you search and the tiv associated with item will appear.