Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#91 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

I too have had success with BBB as well. Any reputable company will at the very least respond to the complaint which BBB passes on to you.

Really we should figure what they're doing with the Warehouse. I'm putting my tinfoil hat on again here, but I think NorAm/Amazon Trade-in is in cahoots with their Warehouse store to resell things received through trade-ins as like new and such. While this in itself isn't a problem since I mean, what else are they going to do with the trade-ins? However, they shouldn't claim the products they're selling are just things that were damaged while sitting their warehouses or during deliveries or just returns (unless they have changed something in the wording about their Warehouse products). I'm not too keen on their dishonesty about that. Selling Earthbound, for example, when Amazon didn't even exist when the game came out makes no sense.

#92 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:29 AM

I too have had success with BBB as well. Any reputable company will at the very least respond to the complaint which BBB passes on to you.

Yeah, I might give the BBB a try to at least put in a formal complaint out counting I already spoke with Amazon support and their useless, all I got in response was a "no duh" link:

Amazon.com Help: Trade-In Product Eligibility
http://www.amazon.co...390#electronics

Also, my Move Rifle had better arrive in the condition it was sent in. I'm going record it's condition as soon as it arrives from UPS. Otherwise if it's not damaged as they stated I see a conspiracy to get items traded in and then lower the grade to make $$$.

My suggestion to everyone is to not settle for a lower price/condition option when trading something you KNOW was in better condition.

I've given them too much business to get dumped on. I have two paid in full pre-orders(MW3 & BF3) and I buy 90% of my games from them:shame::censored::argue::headache::bomb:

"By Grabthar's Hammer, what a saving." - Sir Alexander Dane(Galaxy Quest)

ccccccccc[]================>

#93 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

How many games can you have on a single trade in order ? I am trying to clear out space in my house and am fine with what Amazon is giving but I have around 100 I need to send off. Can I put all these on one order even if I have to use multiple boxes.

I would assume they would just look through them and send any ones they didnt like back (although my stuff is all in pristine condition).
Posted Image

#94 jely

jely

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:51 AM

How many games can you have on a single trade in order ? I am trying to clear out space in my house and am fine with what Amazon is giving but I have around 100 I need to send off. Can I put all these on one order even if I have to use multiple boxes.

I would assume they would just look through them and send any ones they didnt like back (although my stuff is all in pristine condition).

Not sure there's a "number of overall items" limit, but there is a limit on the number of one item (ex: Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2) you can trade in, and any trade-in is limited to a max. trade-in value of $750.

#95 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:57 AM

Not sure there's a "number of overall items" limit, but there is a limit on the number of one item (ex: Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2) you can trade in, and any trade-in is limited to a max. trade-in value of $750.

Ah thanks. Not going to get near that limit I imagine and they are all just 1 copy of each title so I should be ok. Might have to do this then. Thanks :)
Posted Image

#96 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:59 AM

If you're using multiple boxes, you're probably better off submitting separate trade ins. Even if you don't, I would still submit multiple trade ins because trading in 100 items at one time makes it easy for them to say that some weren't included or they were "lost". There is too much risk in my opinion to do one trade in of 100 items.

#97 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:43 AM

If you're using multiple boxes, you're probably better off submitting separate trade ins. Even if you don't, I would still submit multiple trade ins because trading in 100 items at one time makes it easy for them to say that some weren't included or they were "lost". There is too much risk in my opinion to do one trade in of 100 items.

I would agree with 100, but for a point of reference, i just sent in 40 DVDs and all were accepted with no issue. I sent in one smaller/medium size box and had no issues it seems.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#98 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:14 AM

They do let you break up one order into multiple boxes. There should be a link under the "print label" link when you check out your trade.

Granted, if you think you have so many games and require multiple boxes, might as well make separate orders.

#99 jagd71

jagd71

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

Heads Up:

Just got this today for my trade in of LA Noire:

After thoroughly checking your item, it was rejected due to the following reasons:

• Severe damage
The item will be returned to you. You will not receive any Amazon.com Gift Card amount for this item.

The game was pristine and it was securely packaged in about three layers of packaging in a box.

Edited by jagd71, 14 June 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#100 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

What game was it and what was the trade in value?
Posted Image

#101 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

Just got a $200 gift card for my PS2! I am excite!

PS it was Gamestop reconditioned with no original box.

#102 jagd71

jagd71

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

What game was it and what was the trade in value?

It was LA Noire for $37.75.

#103 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

A bit of a stretch, but a ymmv flip gs -> amazon right now is Mahjongg Mysteries - Ancient Egypt :ds:. $20 used in store ($18 after PUR and if you have any of those PUR $10 off coupons $8), current tiv at Amazon is $30. Never seen a complete+rare ds game at Gamestop though, so best of luck.

Going to send mine in and let them lower the tiv just to see how it works. acceptable is $21 so I'll still be a little ahead.

#104 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

A bit of a stretch, but a ymmv flip gs -> amazon right now is Mahjongg Mysteries - Ancient Egypt :ds:. $20 used in store ($18 after PUR and if you have any of those PUR $10 off coupons $8), current tiv at Amazon is $30. Never seen a complete+rare ds game at Gamestop though, so best of luck.

Going to send mine in and let them lower the tiv just to see how it works. acceptable is $21 so I'll still be a little ahead.

welp, looks like my local gamestops threw out all of their used ds cases and manuals. so nuts to that.

#105 htown01

htown01

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

I received an e-mail about my 2 :360: white controllers being rejected for not having original packaging (I sent them in the green bags that came with my :360: with the part number on the bag). Now I know they won't accept controllers that come with consoles.

#106 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

I received an e-mail about my 2 :360: white controllers being rejected for not having original packaging (I sent them in the green bags that came with my :360: with the part number on the bag). Now I know they won't accept controllers that come with consoles.

What?!? So they actually expect you to send in a controller with original packaging? That would mean you'd have to send in cut-open plastic cases. What, do they think people have endless room in their homes to save all packaging just in case they decide to trade it in to Amazon one day?

Anyway, I've sent in an EX2 Joystick and a 360 media remote before with neither in any sort of packaging at all...but were just thrown in the box with other games/stuff.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#107 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

got my ps2 back a second time. Packaging on it was horrid and resulted in it being totalled. No padding on the bottom of box and they stuck the console there. So anytime the box got "moved" it would get banged up.
I did get the credit from Amazon CS after telling them, at least.

#108 htown01

htown01

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

What?!? So they actually expect you to send in a controller with original packaging? That would mean you'd have to send in cut-open plastic cases. What, do they think people have endless room in their homes to save all packaging just in case they decide to trade it in to Amazon one day?

Anyway, I've sent in an EX2 Joystick and a 360 media remote before with neither in any sort of packaging at all...but were just thrown in the box with other games/stuff.

Ha, I know. It's going to become more difficult to obtain the higher TIV for products like these. This is unfortunate for me but maybe others will have better luck in the near future.

#109 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

I've sent 360 controllers without packaging before and they accepted them. However this was before the good/acceptable thing appeared.
MGO: LiquidCake

#110 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

So I was thinking about trading in my "Fat" 60G ps3 to amazon after gamestop redjected it. The reason being that if anybody knows how it looks, the black protective part that you could flip up next to where you put the discs in broke off and now all that is there is the 3 slots. But seeing the other posts on this thread makes me think I won't be able to trade it in anywhere. Any ideas?

#111 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

So I was thinking about trading in my "Fat" 60G ps3 to amazon after gamestop redjected it. The reason being that if anybody knows how it looks, the black protective part that you could flip up next to where you put the discs in broke off and now all that is there is the 3 slots. But seeing the other posts on this thread makes me think I won't be able to trade it in anywhere. Any ideas?

you gotta sell it yourself.

#112 thunderx85

thunderx85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

Wow, Amazon is freaking ridiculous with accessory trade-ins. I sent in a mostly unused Dualshock 3 as "like new", complete with the plastic box it came in (and it was really nicely exacto-knived open, not torn up like crap), and they returned it to me because they rated it as "acceptable" (not even "good"!)

That's just... sigh.

Same thing for my kinect. They are horrible!
Posted Image

#113 io

io

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

Has no one else sent in an Xbox 360 Elite with the value they had a week ago? I'm sending mine in now and expecting the worst, even though it is in near pristine condition and certainly qualifies for "good" if not "like new". It will take forever for me to get the results (probably end of next week) so I'll just try to forget about it until then so I don't stress over it ;).

#114 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

Has no one else sent in an Xbox 360 Elite with the value they had a week ago? I'm sending mine in now and expecting the worst, even though it is in near pristine condition and certainly qualifies for "good" if not "like new". It will take forever for me to get the results (probably end of next week) so I'll just try to forget about it until then so I don't stress over it ;).

I just sent mine in too. Everything is like new too, except the box which has very minor wear. It feels like I'm playing "Press Your Luck" since I'm praying for big money no whammies.

#115 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

I just sent mine in too. Everything is like new, except the box (very minor wear). It feels like I'm playing "Press Your Luck" since I'm praying for big money no whammies.

I just mailed mine in today, had it locked at "Like New" for $230, without optioning for a lower value. I had the box and all the components and wrappers, so we'll see what happens. I hope everyone comes back with updates on how their trade turned out.
My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#116 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

A new "record"? I had a game delivered on June 7. It has still not been processed. 7 days, 5 business days later....

#117 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

You clearly missed the two week waiting era when this first started up.

#118 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

Got my "like-new" PSP returned this afternoon after it was rejected -- my box was ultimately determined to be "Damaged" even though I had bought it from Amazon Warehouse in what they considered "like-new condition." (The system and everything else were like-new).

What's more infuriating is they had took my PSP out, fooled around with it (the memory card was in the unit, which isnt how I shipped it), then after the fact determined the PSP might have been "like-new" but the very condition of the box knocked it down to "acceptable."

Anyway I sold it in an hour for $95 on Amazon itself, so I made out fine. I just worry about people who aren't CAG's and go to trade in something thinking their unit is one condition and then NorAM knocks it down NOT to the condition it could be, but the condition it clearly isn't, which is what they did in this instance.

I mean, "Good" would've been one thing, but to think this unit of mine was "acceptable" was a total fraud....a $70 money grab for NorAm had I not specified I wanted the unit returned.

#119 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

A new "record"? I had a game delivered on June 7. It has still not been processed. 7 days, 5 business days later....

i know my average is 4-5 biz days. others seem to average 2-3.

#120 io

io

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

I just mailed mine in today, had it locked at "Like New" for $230, without optioning for a lower value. I had the box and all the components and wrappers, so we'll see what happens. I hope everyone comes back with updates on how their trade turned out.

I did "like new" but with the downgrade option. Like I said before, "good" is reasonable, but "acceptable" is not. If the latter happens (or they reject it entirely and send it back broken) Amazon will be hearing about it.

I'd check on that if I were you. I had 2 sets of games delivered Thurs or Fri and got the credit yesterday. Last week I had stuff delivered at the beginning of the week and got the credit by Weds/Thurs.

FWIW, I've had no issues recently with the games I've sent in, so that's good at least.