not hoard it

#1233 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

perhaps a mod can remove those links?

Nah. Wont happen.

They're either extremely liberal with whats posted or they have to run a Stalin style dictatorship.
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#1234 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

for what?
the reason this forum is here is to SHARE KNOWLEDGE
not hoard it

If you search amazon it takes like 10 seconds to find it.
Everyone here found it within the first 10 seconds of the dude dropping the hints.

What you did was extremely unnecessary.
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#1235 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

It was pretty pointless.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#1236 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Yeah what a douchebag.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#1237 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:16 AM

:(

#1238 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

Why I oughta...

Snake in eagles shadow :bouncy:

#1239 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

perhaps a mod can remove those links?

perhaps someone can ban this hoarder

#1240 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

It's not really even worth trying to be honest, because it's definitely not going to work.
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee

#1241 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

So when we trade in stuff to Amazon, we can just drop our packages in UPS drop-off boxes located in some business complex right? The weird thing is what if I drop my mail in there a day before my deadline but UPS doesn't collect it until after my deadline then is there grounds for me to complain that I mailed it before the deadline day and my TIVs should be honored?

#1242 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

So when we trade in stuff to Amazon, we can just drop our packages in UPS drop-off boxes located in some business complex right? The weird thing is what if I drop my mail in there a day before my deadline but UPS doesn't collect it until after my deadline then is there grounds for me to complain that I mailed it before the deadline day and my TIVs should be honored?

Yeah. I think Amazon know that UPS may not update. As long as your close to the date, I imagine that amazon will not mind.

#1243 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Dirt 3 (360)- $24.30 http://www.amazon.co...24802758&sr=8-2

Dirt 3 (PS3)- $21.05 http://www.amazon.co...24802758&sr=8-1

FIFA 11 (PS3)- $19 http://www.amazon.co...24802838&sr=8-1

#1244 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

good lord I can't even leave you guys alone for 5 minutes!

I wish whoever sent this in the best of luck.

Nice to see the Dirt 3 tivs recovering after being destroyed on Black Friday.

#1245 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Looks like amazon is only offering $20 today. How likely will amazon honor the $556? Does amazon usually cancel trade ins?

#1246 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

Looks like amazon is only offering $20 today. How likely will amazon honor the $556? Does amazon usually cancel trade ins?

Yes they do for something as inflated as this TIV.

#1247 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

Yes they do for something as inflated as this TIV.

but it was likely not a mistake right since it was such an obscure value.

#1248 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

It was probably a percentage based off the used/new price. I wouldn't expect them to honor it, but it's Amazon, so who knows.

#1249 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

Wishful thinking. Theres a high chance it gets cancelled.

#1250 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

has anyone had a trade accepted over $500?

#1251 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

They basically seem to have some backend script that auto adjusts tiv values based on a couple factors (if amazon sells it or not, how many 3rd parties are selling it and for how much, how many locked in trades there are, etc). It used to be somewhat easy to manipulate an odd item's tiv in to the stratosphere (like, say, any out of print Wii game with horse pictures on the front), but they've worked out a lot of the kinks in the last year. Clearly not all of them.

Long story short, this tiv was probably a result of the auto adjuster gone haywire - logically just consider if anyone in their right mind would pay $556 for that item used. Now consider that Amazon also needs to make a profit on it. Whether it was a mistake or not can be answered by that.

All that said, they might honor it, they might not. They've honored some crazy shit before.

#1252 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

They basically seem to have some backend script that auto adjusts tiv values based on a couple factors (if amazon sells it or not, how many 3rd parties are selling it and for how much, how many locked in trades there are, etc). It used to be somewhat easy to manipulate an odd item's tiv in to the stratosphere (like, say, any out of print Wii game with horse pictures on the front), but they've worked out a lot of the kinks in the last year. Clearly not all of them.

Long story short, this tiv was probably a result of the auto adjuster gone haywire - logically just consider if anyone in their right mind would pay $556 for that item used. Now consider that Amazon also needs to make a profit on it. Whether it was a mistake or not can be answered by that.

All that said, they might honor it, they might not. They've honored some crazy shit before.

well i dont know if it helps but for the $556 it had to be new. So would you guys say I should send it anyway or just not even waste my time?

#1253 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

well i dont know if it helps but for the $556 it had to be new. So would you guys say I should send it anyway or just not even waste my time?

Unless you spent a ton of money acquiring it and can still return it, hell yeah absolutely send it.

#1254 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Just send it you worry wort!

I see a Pony friends 2 reference on this page :)

#1255 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Just send it. You were probably the first to lock it in. For all you know it's a super rare item.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1256 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

It isn't very rare. I can easily acquire it.

#1257 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

It isn't very rare. I can easily acquire it.

no but he doesn't necessarily "know that" so Amazon can't say he was trying to scam them.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1258 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Wow you guys are too much. Send it and risk getting banned if it is worth that risk then by all means go ahead.

Also why all the secrecy and asking for mods to remove links? Seems strange for a thread like this one....hmmmm

wait why would I be banned for this? Amazon is the one who offered me the gift card and I happened to find it. I wasn't scamming amazon or anything.

#1259 handsomepete

handsomepete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

wait why would I be banned for this? Amazon is the one who offered me the gift card and I happened to find it. I wasn't scamming amazon or anything.

There never been any evidence that I'm aware of anyone ever being banned at amazon trading for anything.

#1260 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

That's my thinking too. It's not like a stupid PSP case. There are plenty of rare media items out there that fetch a pretty penny. For all you know, this was one of them.

However, I could see if you had a pattern of trading in stuff that was spectacularly overpriced (like the PSP case) then they might be like "this guy should be banned from trading."

my 2 cents.

Ees7Y.jpg