Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#1261 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

That's my thinking too. It's not like a stupid PSP case. There are plenty of rare media items out there that fetch a pretty penny. For all you know, this was one of them.

However, I could see if you had a pattern of trading in stuff that was spectacularly overpriced (like the PSP case) then they might be like "this guy should be banned from trading."

my 2 cents.

i hardly ever trade in anything. This is probably my 3rd item I am trading in after pokemon black and fifa 11. I was actually planning on just selling this item instead of trading it in. I just saw that amazon was offering a pretty good gift card.

#1262 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

I would try my luck but the only places that sell it offer a 14 day return policy from the date I get it so I'm sure that if it was a rejected, I'd have it back later than the 14 days and thus not be able to return it.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#1263 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

lol Reefscapes had a $350 TIV so I locked it in and I called the only guy selling it and he was like lol wtf. He's like did you want the second edition? I said no, the first and he was like "Oh sorry it's discontinued. Just get the 2nd edition, it's practically the same thing" and I was thinking to myself "not the UPC.. >_>"

Funny stuff lol
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee

#1264 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

I would try my luck but the only places that sell it offer a 14 day return policy from the date I get it so I'm sure that if it was a rejected, I'd have it back later than the 14 days and thus not be able to return it.

Where are they selling the set? I wanted to get all the dragon box sets anyway.

#1265 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Where are they selling the set? I wanted to get all the dragon box sets anyway.

pmed you.

#1266 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

Fear 3 Xbox 360 is up to $16, if anyone has any "extra" copies.

#1267 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

iv sent high value tiv items before. best case is you get your credit. worst case is they say wrong item and send it back. they had the saints row double pack for like 60 tiv when you could buy it new for 30, i sent 2 and they said wrong item and luckily i was able to break even at least.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1268 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

iv sent high value tiv items before. best case is you get your credit. worst case is they say wrong item and send it back. they had the saints row double pack for like 60 tiv when you could buy it new for 30, i sent 2 and they said wrong item and luckily i was able to break even at least.

Thanks i'll definitely try my luck. Also are there two trade in centers? What is NORAM? A 3rd party merchant? So Amazon has trade ins for both themselves and NORAM? What is the difference between the two? I am sending the dragon box to NH so is that Amazon or NORAM? Is there a better chance of the item being accepted if it goes directly to Amazon?

#1269 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

btw I'll eat a sock if they accept it lol.

#1270 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

Thanks i'll definitely try my luck. Also are there two trade in centers? What is NORAM? A 3rd party merchant? So Amazon has trade ins for both themselves and NORAM? What is the difference between the two? I am sending the dragon box to NH so is that Amazon or NORAM? Is there a better chance of the item being accepted if it goes directly to Amazon?

IDK about having a better chance of acceptance but NorAm is in NH.

#1271 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Don't send it. It will be rejected.

/thread

#1272 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

Wow you guys are too much. Send it and risk getting banned if it is worth that risk then by all means go ahead.

Also why all the secrecy and asking for mods to remove links? Seems strange for a thread like this one....hmmmm

yeah all the secrecy was pretty annoying so I decided to post the link instead of listen to these people talk like they're so special for knowing.

#1273 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

It was pretty pointless.

Don't mean to hijack the thread and hopefully you check this thread again but my address is in the PM I sent you earlier. I tried to send it again but your inbox is full.

#1274 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

yeah all the secrecy was pretty annoying so I decided to post the link instead of listen to these people talk like they're so special for knowing.

And let's please leave it at that, no need beating a dead horse. Fact of the matter is when a wacky flip is posted in this thread the tiv generally tanks in anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, so people are understandably a bit guarded about it nowadays. However, people can and should share whatever they please because sometimes it does help out folks and those wacky tiv things are just a game of roulette anyways.

Additionally, I would've never found out about that Nude on the Moon movie if he hadn't posted links. That movie looks fantastic.

#1275 whatup5

whatup5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

Speaking of wacky TIVs.... The TIV for Walk It Out for the Wii is $30

http://www.amazon.co...24868271&sr=8-1

#1276 serge2k

serge2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

holy smokes... TIV for unchartered 3 is 33.75... I'm currently playing this game and almost got all the trophies.. I only need to beat it in crushing to get a platinum... definitely gonna do the trade transaction today because I will definitely beat it on crushing within 2 days... sweet considering I bought the game for 29.99 on BF..
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1277 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Speaking of wacky TIVs.... The TIV for Walk It Out for the Wii is $30

http://www.amazon.co...24868271&sr=8-1

Thanks--I locked in a trade for 2 copies that I can hopefully find at one of the Gamestops near me with it in stock. $34 GS credit -> $60 Amazon credit isn't bad. :D

I would have done 3 copies, but I won't be able to get to a GS before the B2G1 deal ends. :(

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1278 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

Reserved

..?

I don't even.

#1279 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

Thanks--I locked in a trade for 2 copies that I can hopefully find at one of the Gamestops near me with it in stock. $34 GS credit -> $60 Amazon credit isn't bad. :D

I would have done 3 copies, but I won't be able to get to a GS before the B2G1 deal ends. :(

There is also the slight obstacle: amazon only takes 2 copies of a game per system.

#1280 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

There is also the slight obstacle: amazon only takes 2 copies of a game per system.

Ah, I didn't know that, thanks. That will work out just fine, then. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#1281 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

Is it okay to send a brand new game to Amazon or should I open it first?

#1282 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:03 AM

Is it okay to send a brand new game to Amazon or should I open it first?

By all means, send it sealed. Most of the things I send in are new/sealed. I always hope that a cag is able to get it from warehouse deals down the line with dlc intact.

#1283 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20
trades for $22.50 and sells for $6.99 used @ gs.

#1284 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

How about we just start writing nice little notes on every trade in?

"Hope you accept my trade and have a great day"

P.S. "You look wonderful today"

#1285 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

How about we just start writing nice little notes on every trade in?

"Hope you accept my trade and have a great day"

P.S. "You look wonderful today"

i think for a while we had a thing going where we would send pictures of cats and dogs whenever we sent high value items in.

#1286 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

quickie gamestop -> amazon flip if you're looking to move some credit around.

Fast and the Furious :psp: 14.99 used -> tiv currently 21.00 at amazon. Use your pal b2g1 free currently running at gamestop to get a little something for yourself.

as always the risks of getting a generic case and/or no manual exist when ordering from gamestop.com, so source local if you're able (or at least check local pre-owned stock for possible exchange locations)

p.s. I've totally given up on :ds: flips from gamestop to amazon. Most (all?) of my local Gamestops throw away the ds cases/manuals when they get trade-ins unless it's a very popular game.

#1287 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

Trades from last week are starting to trickle through now.

#1288 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

Trades from last week are starting to trickle through now.

very slowly. I have 1 of 4 paid.

come on noram workers, double time!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1289 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

i think for a while we had a thing going where we would send pictures of cats and dogs whenever we sent high value items in.

I stopped getting rejected ever since i used these tips. Another one is to send a cash "tip" worth 10% of the TIV mistake you are hoping to get. Works everytime. :applause:

#1290 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

quickie gamestop -> amazon flip if you're looking to move some credit around.

Fast and the Furious :psp: 14.99 used -> tiv currently 21.00 at amazon. Use your pal b2g1 free currently running at gamestop to get a little something for yourself.

as always the risks of getting a generic case and/or no manual exist when ordering from gamestop.com, so source local if you're able (or at least check local pre-owned stock for possible exchange locations)

p.s. I've totally given up on :ds: flips from gamestop to amazon. Most (all?) of my local Gamestops throw away the ds cases/manuals when they get trade-ins unless it's a very popular game.

Thanks for posting that--I locked in a single-copy trade. I've got quite the GS search adventure planned later this week that will hopefully end with me converting $60 GS credit to $111 Amazon credit:

-My Hero: Firefighter (:ds:): $30
-Walk It Out! (:wii:) x2: $60
-Fast and the Furious (:psp:): $21

I've also still got to send in Skyrim (:ps3:) and Dead Island (:360:) for $33.75 and ~$24, respectively, so if all goes well, I'll end up $168 richer at Amazon, give or take a few dollars. :applause:

Cloud_Squall78.png