Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#1321 Pittsie

Pittsie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

Anyone had issues with using included DLC codes and not getting full value? I'm trading in Batman Arkham City but want to play as Catwoman.

#1322 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

Anyone had issues with using included DLC codes and not getting full value? I'm trading in Batman Arkham City but want to play as Catwoman.

It is expected that DLC codes are used when you trade them in. Have fun being Catwoman.

#1323 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:48 AM

Did anyone with the PS3 holiday bundle attempt to trade in Ratchet All 4 One and LBP2?

Ratchet is getting a very decent trade-in value. I am aware that it has a not for resale UPC but I think I read on Slickdeals where some people had success.

#1324 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

Normally I wouldn't do shenanigans such as these, but since this thread is related to Amazon spacebucks...

Go head over to referral central and check out http://www.cheapassg...d.php?t=312268'>this thread about clover invites. $5 in amazon funny money for joining via invite link and seems harmless enough (but obviously make sure you're comfortable with it before jumping in). I wouldn't be offended if some kind soul tracked down my referral link in that thread and used it, but I'm not going to pimp it.

Hopefully this'll help some folks out and not derail the thread too badly.

#1325 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

Another slightly off topic subject:

The best places for trading back holiday games

#1326 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up, HP.

#1327 kemical

kemical

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

Did anyone with the PS3 holiday bundle attempt to trade in Ratchet All 4 One and LBP2?

Ratchet is getting a very decent trade-in value. I am aware that it has a not for resale UPC but I think I read on Slickdeals where some people had success.

Amazon rejected my Ratchet All 4 One from the holiday bundle as it had a NFR barcode.

#1328 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

I sent a Flingsmash in with the outer box under acceptable (or whatever it is for missing accessories, etc). The outer box has a regular UPC. Don't know if it'll be accepted or not.

#1329 io

io

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:27 AM

Oh man, UPS took forever delivering my Tropico 4 and APS sent it back as Expired/ Canceled. The $24 credit would have been nice for books.

How long was it between when you locked it in and when it was delivered? We need to nail down the exact expiration period. I'm thinking it is something like 3 weeks.

#1330 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

How long was it between when you locked it in and when it was delivered? We need to nail down the exact expiration period. I'm thinking it is something like 3 weeks.

longer.

EDIT: It's 25 days.

Edited by DudeImGodly, 29 December 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#1331 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

Oh ok. Then I'll be fine. :D
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#1332 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

My first few Best Buy used games with different barcode stickers were accepted - two RB3 :360:, one that was a not for resale copy, one was some weird international version or something. I probably got lucky, but I also have a Monster Jam :360: and a pair of Thrillvilles in the same situation. Will report back.

#1333 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

traded in a book, 2 guides, and a game. got 300 bucks. processed/verified in 2 hours while my 1 moh trade in has been in verifying stage for 2 days. weird.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1334 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

I sent out a brand new dragon box 4 today for trade in credit of $556.50. Wish me luck guys!

#1335 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Started the trade on the fourth waited until the 19th to actually send it.
today is exactly 25 days

my item arrived on the 27th at around 9am

They verified everything today and payed out.

#1336 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

My first few Best Buy used games with different barcode stickers were accepted - two RB3 :360:, one that was a not for resale copy, one was some weird international version or something. I probably got lucky, but I also have a Monster Jam :360: and a pair of Thrillvilles in the same situation. Will report back.

Had several other Best Buy used barcode games accepted no problems today. They were all in decent shape, just the wrong barcode. So maybe they're finally getting a bit more flexible.

#1337 io

io

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

I was going to say, I've never heard of them accepting different bar codes or "Not for resale" games before. I mean, it was close to 100% rejection on those prior to now. So this must be a new thing.

#1338 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

I just had 2x rage at $30 received and accepted today, even though they arrived way late. Someone had to be in a happy mood, or just cut me some slack seeing as how the postal service took an extra 11 days to deliver my package. It was day 33, I wonder if the fact that I paid for my own postage had anything to do with it. I had two separate trade-ins arrive via UPS on day 25 and 27 this month that were both rejected as expired.
Also, another thing Ive noticed is when you send items in self-paid they process them right away, not the 2-3 days after like when pre-paid.

#1339 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

I was surprised to see 2 games I sent in generic black DVD cases with scratches on the discs revised to good instead of acceptable (I chose acceptable as the condition). It doesn't make sense how that is considered good yet mint games people have sent it as good get rejected.

#1340 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:38 AM

Just had a new dvd and dvd set rejected for incorrect condition (both were listed as non-original wrapping). Can't wait to see what I get in return for new items I never opened.

#1341 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

I was going to say, I've never heard of them accepting different bar codes or "Not for resale" games before. I mean, it was close to 100% rejection on those prior to now. So this must be a new thing.

Also i traded in a Duke Nukem that had the $30 value, it was a completely different EAN but they still accepted it.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

Has anyone tried buying this from one of the 4 sellers who have it for around $40?

I locked in the TIV when it was inflated and suddenly it won't let me buy from any of the four different sellers.

#1342 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B004YVOCV4/
assassin's creed: revelations for ps3 is up to $30

#1343 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

Also i traded in a Duke Nukem that had the $30 value, it was a completely different EAN but they still accepted it.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

Has anyone tried buying this from one of the 4 sellers who have it for around $40?

I locked in the TIV when it was inflated and suddenly it won't let me buy from any of the four different sellers.

It doesn't work on either of our accounts. I only locked in the trade on one account.

#1344 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

It doesn't work on either of our accounts. I only locked in the trade on one account.

contacted amazon CS just said i was trying to buy it from one of the four different sellers and it wouldn't let me purchase through any of them.

Was told it was technical problem that should be fixed within a couple of hours.

#1345 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

Sent in a couple games (MW3, Bioshock, Saw) and the Ben Hur blu set a few days ago. They arrived on the 28th, but I haven't had them accepted yet. Hurry up, Amazon!

#1346 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

Sent in a couple games (MW3, Bioshock, Saw) and the Ben Hur blu set a few days ago. They arrived on the 28th, but I haven't had them accepted yet. Hurry up, Amazon!

I know I am in the same boat, I'm expecting them today tho.. at worst Monday..
Posted Image

#1347 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

Here's another one to keep you folks busy.

i-CON by ASD Wii Racing Wheel - 70.00

Only evidence I've found of it being purchasable was at Wal-mart for $15 online and at Futureshop for $7, both (obviously) out of stock. Maybe in store?

#1348 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

One more accessory hunt:

Goofy Wii Tennis Racket with calorie counter - 20.00

Overstock.com seems to be selling them for around $11, but whatever.

#1349 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

Still "pending verification" on my one item I sent in that they received on Dec 16. This is absurd now. I'm giving it one more day before I email them...again...

#1350 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Ugh a trade in of a game with out a manual will certainly be rejected right?