Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#151 io

io

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

While I keep nearly all my console packaging (thus why I had a really nice box for my Elite) I do draw the line at clamshell packaging for controllers and such. That seems ridiculous to have to keep.

If they gave everyone $200 for PS2s they ought to honor these Elite trade-ins, but we'll see of course.

I'm hoping it does go through because right now from Fred Meyer I can get a new 250GB 360 for $299.99 - $30 coupon + $50 gift card (which I can use on groceries so I consider that a cash discount). Thus the total would be $220. I was thinking we would just live with the one 360 in the house, but that is mighty tempting (and there are 3 of us that play frequently so having 2 is not outrageous). It's too bad I can't wait until I find out about the Amazon trade-in first, though. The coupon offer is only today and tomorrow for Father's day and I probably ought to buy it right now to be sure they have them in stock.

Jodou - as for game trade-ins, I haven't had any problem getting the "good" value on the ones I've sent in over the last few weeks. What they consider "good" is pretty much what they required before. They simply rejected stuff before that would otherwise count as "acceptable" now (missing manuals, disc-only, etc).

#152 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:48 AM

I purchased an item "used - like new" I tiv it and they rate it acceptable - missing retail box. Stupid double-standards.

Also who cares if you keep the boxcutted up packaging. They'll rate it "acceptable - damaged packaging"

#153 faceless007

faceless007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

So I'm wondering about the option to get a lower credit if they deem the item is Acceptable instead of Like New. Will the lower value be the shown in the store at the time you submit the trade, or at the time they receive and process it? Say I submit an item at $7 for Like New and $5 for Acceptable (and it'll only get Acceptable), but in the time between I submit it and they get it, the acceptable value drops to $3. Which will they give me?

#154 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

My Xbox 360 Wireless N Adapter was rejected due to missing instructions and missing original packaging. I will stick to trading in games to Amazon. No way I can save all the packaging to video game accessories...too much clutter.

#155 io

io

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

So I'm wondering about the option to get a lower credit if they deem the item is Acceptable instead of Like New. Will the lower value be the shown in the store at the time you submit the trade, or at the time they receive and process it? Say I submit an item at $7 for Like New and $5 for Acceptable (and it'll only get Acceptable), but in the time between I submit it and they get it, the acceptable value drops to $3. Which will they give me?

I would assume it was the TiV at the time you locked it in, but it does bother me a bit that I don't have any record of what the good/acceptable values were for my Elite trade. I did lock in a second at "good" so I have that $200 value on record from the same time as my $230 "like new", but I don't have the $140 acceptable anywhere. Someone earlier was asking for a screenshot of the page showing all 3 values and I wish I had that now. But we'll see what happens soon enough with the first guy who got his in ;).

#156 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:39 AM

Hey if I want to trade in my Dead Rising 2 : Zombrex Edition...do I include all the included things that came with it ? ..like the pen, artbook, etc. ? or just the steelbook and game disc itself ?

#157 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Got my 200 PS2 credit and preordered the PS Vita- 53 shipped for a 250 dollar super nex gen portable, hell yes!

No offense, but I cant believe the 3DS is also retailing at 249.99 :P

Sweet how'd you score that TIV? :bouncy:

#158 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

It was at 200 for a day or so a few weeks back

#159 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

Jodou - as for game trade-ins, I haven't had any problem getting the "good" value on the ones I've sent in over the last few weeks. What they consider "good" is pretty much what they required before. They simply rejected stuff before that would otherwise count as "acceptable" now (missing manuals, disc-only, etc).

Ah, that makes sense. Maybe I'll pick up a Vita with my winnings. :)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#160 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

I think the best thing to do is to start spamming noram with large shipments of damaged or obviously not good condition stuff along with your normal trades so they have to keep paying in shipping junk back for their new "acceptable" program.

#161 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

I think the best thing to do is to start spamming noram with large shipments of damaged or obviously not good condition stuff along with your normal trades so they have to keep paying in shipping junk back for their new "acceptable" program.

that sounds like a brilliant solution. :roll:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#162 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

that sounds like a brilliant solution. :roll:

Mostly kidding, but i'm so annoyed that amazon is going the way of gamestop with their trade ins. Pay as insultingly little as possible and rate condition as low as possible when buying, charge as much as possible and rate condition as high as possible when they sell.

Makes business sense, but it doesnt mean i have to keep using them.

#163 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

I like this solution!!

I have started ordering everything on amazon individually with my prime so they have to spend more on me. Its my little way of sticking it to the man

#164 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

I like this solution!!

I have started ordering everything on amazon individually with my prime so they have to spend more on me. Its my little way of sticking it to the man

you know they don't have to pay anything extra right? Apparently they have an all you can eat deal with UPS.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#165 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Any updates on those 360 Elites w/ $230 TIV?
My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#166 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

you know they don't have to pay anything extra right? Apparently they have an all you can eat deal with UPS.

Just let him think he's sticking it to the man :)
Posted Image

#167 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

all he's sticking it to is the environment with all that packaging and gas being used for those extra packages.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#168 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

I double-box so that they don't slice my stuff open. It has worked for me so far..!

#169 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

The same applies to Amazon/Noram/whatever-they're-called-now.

#170 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, the only one's he's hurting is UPS.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#171 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

$110 tiv on this item

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B00074TMR6/

#172 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

I like this solution!!

This is how I get my boxes and bubble mailers. although they do group individual orders together if placed too closely together time wise.

#173 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

$110 tiv on this item

:lol:

I'll give Best Buy a look just in case...

#174 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

My Elite was accepted! $200 for "good".

Considering I had most of the original packaging but the box and controller were a little beat up, and considering I've gotten many hundreds of hours of gameplay out of the 360 in the 4 years I've had it... I couldn't risk attempting it as "like new".

Now, it's time to get a new slim with that credit. I'll have to get another hard drive, but I can use my 16gb of flash memory all my stuff is stored on for now.

#175 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

$110 tiv on this item

In no way do I condone or even recommend this no name shop that I've never heard of. But if you're feeling risky...

http://infiniteelect...ogamerskit.aspx

Also, it's possible you might find this in-store at walmart. It's at least listed on their site.

#176 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Epic Mickey is up to $25 for those sitting on a copy and missed the $25/$30 value at Best Buy
Posted Image

#177 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

In no way do I condone or even recommend this no name shop that I've never heard of. But if you're feeling risky...

http://infiniteelect...ogamerskit.aspx

Also, it's possible you might find this in-store at walmart. It's at least listed on their site.

Doesn't look like it's listed to me.

#178 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

Doesn't look like it's listed to me.

sorry, here ya go. useless listing, but it's there:

http://www.walmart.c...PSP-PSP/3555269

#179 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

Update: I got the $230 for my Elite!

Considering it had been refurbed once by MS for a not-quite-RROD-error, this was just a great trade for me. Thanks Amazon!

Condition I selected: Like New
- Excellent box condition
- All manuals and documents that came in the box
- All the wrappers for the cables (controller, headset, power block, power cable, hdmi cable, audio adapter)
- Spent extra time wiping off the controller, and used a toothpick to get the crud out of the seams
- Even more time dusting the vents and behind the faceplate on the Elite, and wiped clean the outer case
- The box had a sticker that said "Forza 3/Marvel UA included", but I did not include the games.

Good luck CAGs. Now to go spend some Amazon credit!

Edited by bh47, 20 June 2011 - 04:28 PM.

My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#180 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

sorry, here ya go. useless listing, but it's there:

http://www.walmart.c...PSP-PSP/3555269

No matter as Amazon fixed the TIV. Now $11.

Matt is a bastard PS3 case hoarder and Stotch still thinks he is the CAG champ.

Wrencrest.png