Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Toss']hello-thinking of sending an elite in. Any success sending them in without the original box yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm nervous sending mine in and I have all the original packaging and stuff. I'm not sure I'd do it without the box - unless you are willing to take the $140 "acceptable" downgrade (which still isn't too bad but pales in comparison to the $200 for "good").

New thread! Very nice. If anyone wants to change colors on their DS3, the black trades in for $24.75 and the blue trades in for $25.90. Also, infamous trades in for $8 if you got it free for the PSN welcome back.

hot damn! just locked in $230 for my old elite. so what do I have to include for a "like new" submission?

edit:
okay so I have the Lego Indy/Kungfu Panda bundle box :cry:

Thanks for the heads up on the elite trade-in. My girlfriend is moving in so we don't need two 360s, and my old elite just went out of warranty. I still have the original box and components, so this trade-in is perfect timing. I'm just debating on whether I should reject lower offers; $140 isn't that great, but is still probably better than what Gamestop would offer...

4.0 in the hizzouse!

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns'] Also, infamous trades in for $8 if you got it free for the PSN welcome back.[/QUOTE]

Looks like $8 Amazon credit for me then. Thanks.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']

Looks like $8 Amazon credit for me then. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up that it was trading for $10 at GS and with the 50% promo + PUR you could get $16. I believe that price was current through yesterday. It could always drop, but still is probably more than the $8 from Amazon. That is a case where GS clearly beats Amazon.

Edit: Price still good at GS as of 6/9 according to the GS trade-in thread...

For those of you considering trading in Elite for $230, I'd jump all over that. I challenge someone to tell me of any venue you could use to get that much for just a Phat xbox console & hard drive (not bundling any games, accessories, etc.. with it). I would even be all over the $140; honestly, you would be hard-pressed to get that much of of that console anywhere, as well. Around here old Xbox's (even w/ hard drives) routinely go for $80-100. Hell, I just got a 4gb slim, kinect and dance central for $160 a few weeks ago; someone would have to be pretty hard up to give you $140 for it, and borderline insane to give you $230.

Last time i sent in my elite: Which was priced at $130...great deal still..

it was rejected.....Best job i have ever done on a package, it even looked brand new.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Can you add the http://ativ.scurker.com link to the first post? Very handy for me and I'm afraid I'll lose it with the last thread haha.[/QUOTE]

Had it up there (under the useful links section) but made it more clear. Also added a link to the Chrome extension and made some brief updates regarding new condition rules and whatnot. If anyone has anything they'd like me to add, please let me know. Thanks!

Also, Mortal Kombat :360: and :ps3: are both trading in at $30 if anyone is sick of limb removal (if that's even possible).

Haven't checked one of these threads in a long time; do you guys still find a lot of good flips? I need to move $100 of GS credit to Amazon, but can't say I've been trying very hard lol. Seems like ever since they killed off the coupons and trade promos there has been nothing worthwhile.

update on the elite tiv:
Like New $200.40
Good $174.25
Acceptable $122.00

anyone have a screen shot for when it was $230 Like New? I would like to have quotes for the other conditions in case Noram tries to pull something

[quote name='Jodou']Haven't checked one of these threads in a long time; do you guys still find a lot of good flips? I need to move $100 of GS credit to Amazon, but can't say I've been trying very hard lol. Seems like ever since they killed off the coupons and trade promos there has been nothing worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't been paying attention. People were getting $200 for PS2 fats a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='Jodou']Haven't checked one of these threads in a long time; do you guys still find a lot of good flips? I need to move $100 of GS credit to Amazon, but can't say I've been trying very hard lol. Seems like ever since they killed off the coupons and trade promos there has been nothing worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

While not positive flip, it isn't too far off....Need for speed hot pursuit for the PS3 currently gets $30 on amazon but sells for $35 used at GS, after edge, that would be 31.50 plus tax

[quote name='cheeky']You obviously haven't been paying attention. People were getting $200 for PS2 fats a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I bought a complete PS2 for $30 off CL for that one. No need paying $50 in GS credit to get a PS2.

I miss gamestop's delightful disasters. I had more fun gaming their coupon system than I do playing some of the games I got as a result. Seems the poweruprewards is the sad sack of a substitue, at least for now.

[quote name='cheeky']You obviously haven't been paying attention. People were getting $200 for PS2 fats a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]Yeah, ever since the GS coupons died and Amazon just killed any promotions for trading in, I really haven't payed attention.
[quote name='K_G']While not positive flip, it isn't too far off....Need for speed hot pursuit for the PS3 currently gets $30 on amazon but sells for $35 used at GS, after edge, that would be 31.50 plus tax[/QUOTE]Not bad, but I tend to try and profit from the move at the same time. Thanks though!
[quote name='handsomepete']I miss gamestop's delightful disasters. I had more fun gaming their coupon system than I do playing some of the games I got as a result. Seems the poweruprewards is the sad sack of a substitue, at least for now.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I remember making hundreds off certain titles thanks to promos, coupons, and Amazon's trade of the day. Now it seems like too much effort to try and find a worthwhile flip.

[quote name='sgaldis']For those of you considering trading in Elite for $230, I'd jump all over that. I challenge someone to tell me of any venue you could use to get that much for just a Phat xbox console & hard drive (not bundling any games, accessories, etc.. with it). I would even be all over the $140; honestly, you would be hard-pressed to get that much of of that console anywhere, as well. Around here old Xbox's (even w/ hard drives) routinely go for $80-100. Hell, I just got a 4gb slim, kinect and dance central for $160 a few weeks ago; someone would have to be pretty hard up to give you $140 for it, and borderline insane to give you $230.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ral1121']Last time i sent in my elite: Which was priced at $130...great deal still..

it was rejected.....Best job i have ever done on a package, it even looked brand new.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sgaldis, that's why I was hesitant to send mine in for the $172 quote a few weeks back. But the $230/$200 is just too tempting so I'm sending mine in this time. I just hope I don't get a broken one back :bomb:.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']update on the elite tiv:
Like New $200.40
Good $174.25
Acceptable $122.00

anyone have a screen shot for when it was $230 Like New? I would like to have quotes for the other conditions in case Noram tries to pull something[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wish I had thought of that. I guess I assumed the other prices would be in my quote but they aren't. So, yeah, if anyone has this I'd like it too!

In other news, UPS was its usualy slow self (over 1 week) and NorAm took their sweet time (4 days to process) but I finally got my first trades from some of the BBV games accepted today. There were no issues with my 2 x Harry Potter Wii for the trade-in DotD pricing of $18 each. Its no $50 -> $200 PS2, but is nice nonetheless. I didn't end up sending much to Amazon as I diverted several games to GS instead when the 50% bonus started.

Jodou - the BBV sale a few weeks back provided some pretty easy flips!

[quote name='io']Jodou - the BBV sale a few weeks back provided some pretty easy flips![/QUOTE]
Yeah, BBV is dead here. Besides, I haven't set foot in a store in 5+ years.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, BBV is dead here. Besides, I haven't set foot in a store in 5+ years.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean dead here? While there are fewer stores, they are still pretty much everywhere (just maybe not so many per square mile as before ;)). If you haven't stepped foot in one in 5+ years then I don't think you really know if they are dead or not. I'd reconsider that as it has been one of the best places to get cheap used games (both for yourself and for flipping if you are into that sort of thing) over the last 2 years - not to mention the 99 cent DVDs and Blu-Rays they had this time around. There might be another B1G1 sale coming up on 4th of July weekend so I'd look into that if I were you.

How long does it usually take them to credit because mine have been delivered since Monday yet no gift card/word. I know a few times in the past they would do it later that night/next morning.

I don't understand how they can expect people to send in original packaging for controllers. Those are usually in blister packages... nobody keeps those!

Now days I keep everything that is video game related. I try to cut one slide of those hard plastic seams and remove the contents that way. I've got a box of PS3 move,navigation, bluray remote, ds3, move charger, wiimotes, motion plus, nunchuck, etc boxes and blister packaging just in case amazon wants to pay me to get a new one.:D

[quote name='NOFX232']How long does it usually take them to credit because mine have been delivered since Monday yet no gift card/word. I know a few times in the past they would do it later that night/next morning.[/QUOTE]

I had a few packages delivered on Monday and Tuesday and I got all the credit today (Thurs).

Hadn't seen you post for a while but you really missed the most epic 3 months of flipping...BB had some crazy TIVs for a couple months just about, and amazon/kindle cards can be purchased with the gift cards they give. But yes, were in sort of a lull now after BBVs sale. Hopefully BestBuy will crank up their TIVs again to stock those trading kiosks people have been posting about.

Ugh... I can't find the digital audio adapter for my 360 Elite. I can picture it perfectly in my head... I just can't seem to place where it is. I ordered one on ebay for $3.50 anyway just in case. Now I just have to hope I find mine, or hope that the post office is awesome enough to get me a package mailed out tomorrow to be delivered on Tuesday.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Ugh... I can't find the digital audio adapter for my 360 Elite. I can picture it perfectly in my head... I just can't seem to place where it is. I ordered one on ebay for $3.50 anyway just in case. Now I just have to hope I find mine, or hope that the post office is awesome enough to get me a package mailed out tomorrow to be delivered on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

A who in the what now!? I guess I'll need one of those too, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is that the big honking plug thing that came with the system? I still have something with big plugs on it sealed in a bag (original packaging).

Did the Elite also come with a component cable? It shows one on the box but then I thought I had to buy one. Of course it also came with an HDMI cable... Lots of little stuff to forget there.

[quote name='NOFX232']How long does it usually take them to credit because mine have been delivered since Monday yet no gift card/word. I know a few times in the past they would do it later that night/next morning.[/QUOTE]

as soon as we get to page 2 people start asking questions that are answered in the first post :applause:

[quote name='io']A who in the what now!? I guess I'll need one of those too, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Is that the big honking plug thing that came with the system? I still have something with big plugs on it sealed in a bag (original packaging).

Did the Elite also come with a component cable? It shows one on the box but then I thought I had to buy one. Of course it also came with an HDMI cable... Lots of little stuff to forget there.[/QUOTE]

This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...dC6YJ3I%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

You can buy generic ones around, too if you have to... but I wouldn't take any chances and wanted the microsoft branded one.

It did come with a component cable. This adapter was meant to be used with it... somehow. I never quite understood how it worked because I always used HDMI. Anyway it was meant to allow your audio to be output somewhere else than the component cable.

It also came with an ethernet cable, as well. All of the package contents are written on the side of the box.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...dC6YJ3I%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

You can buy generic ones around, too if you have to... but I wouldn't take any chances and wanted the microsoft branded one.

It did come with a component cable. This adapter was meant to be used with it... somehow. I never quite understood how it worked because I always used HDMI. Anyway it was meant to allow your audio to be output somewhere else than the component cable.

It also came with an ethernet cable, as well. All of the package contents are written on the side of the box.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the thing I have in the baggie still, so I'm good. The thing is, I didn't need that even when I wasn't using HDMI, so I'm not sure what it is for. I think the component cable has an optical audio out on it, and I used that. Which reminds me, I need to find that component cable.

I guess that thing in the picture is what they call "Optical/RCA Audio Adapter". It seemed like you were talking about an addtional piece so I was trying to make sure!

I think I needed it to use the hdmi (tv) and optical out (5.1 surround amp) at the same time. The plug on the component w/ the optical partially blocked the port if i remember corectly. The dongles connector had a slimmer profile.

I had my first problem with the trade in program this week. Sent Brink in like new condition and it has been rejected for "cracked disc". Obviously something happened to it in transit or at the trade in center.

For those of you that have been successful in getting your trade in credit still when this happened, do you have any advice for how to approach the subject via live chat? I know it's YMMV but was hoping that I could get some good advice before I try.

[quote name='nas6034']Sucks that Amazon now gives only 7-days to ship out a Trade-In.[/QUOTE]

this has always been the case but as long as it's received in 25 days your good as gold...unless something has changed that i don't know about..

[quote name='Toss']Hadn't seen you post for a while but you really missed the most epic 3 months of flipping...BB had some crazy TIVs for a couple months just about, and amazon/kindle cards can be purchased with the gift cards they give. But yes, were in sort of a lull now after BBVs sale. Hopefully BestBuy will crank up their TIVs again to stock those trading kiosks people have been posting about.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I kind of shy away from BB since they kicked off their trade-in program with so many limitations (needs original receipt for trade, limit 3 per title, refusing to take Kirby Wii trades because their sale price was lower lol, etc). Just seemed like a headache, especially since my BB is completely anal after the free games fiasco. I swear the only reason they stay in business is because the location is high traffic.

Sent in a Driving Force GT in original box and shipping box with all manuals etc as like new for 109.25 worth of credit, included the packing slip and everything.

According to UPS is was recieved on Wednesday morning at 9am and it still shows as "not received" by Amazon. Is this normal? I figured within two business days of UPS delivering it I'd have my credit but no such luck yet.

[quote name='Cardiff Giant']Sent in a Driving Force GT in original box and shipping box with all manuals etc as like new for 109.25 worth of credit, included the packing slip and everything.

According to UPS is was recieved on Wednesday morning at 9am and it still shows as "not received" by Amazon. Is this normal? I figured within two business days of UPS delivering it I'd have my credit but no such luck yet.[/QUOTE]

My Portal 2 was also delivered on Wednesday and it still shows as not received with no credit yet.

[quote name='Pride7ds']I had my first problem with the trade in program this week. Sent Brink in like new condition and it has been rejected for "cracked disc". Obviously something happened to it in transit or at the trade in center.

For those of you that have been successful in getting your trade in credit still when this happened, do you have any advice for how to approach the subject via live chat? I know it's YMMV but was hoping that I could get some good advice before I try.[/QUOTE]

Best shot is to just say the truth that Bring was "like new" and you don't know what happened. Depending on your history with Amazon, the CSR might be enticed to help out.

[quote name='Pride7ds']I had my first problem with the trade in program this week. Sent Brink in like new condition and it has been rejected for "cracked disc". Obviously something happened to it in transit or at the trade in center.

For those of you that have been successful in getting your trade in credit still when this happened, do you have any advice for how to approach the subject via live chat? I know it's YMMV but was hoping that I could get some good advice before I try.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem trading in games... but textbooks now that's a different story.:roll:

A few weeks ago I sent in a textbook in perfect condition, but found out that it was rejected because the cover was damaged. After it had been returned to me, I saw that there was a huge cut down the back cover of my book (most likely from the boxcutter), so I contacted an Amazon customer service rep and explained that when I had shipped my book it had been in near perfect condition, but after it had been returned to me it had a humongous cut down the back cover. The rep took sympathy on me and gave me a credit to my Amazon account.

All you have to do is be courteous and you'll more than likely get the credit you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back