Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#2101 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

How fickle is Amazon about editions/covers? I've got Signature Edition and would trade it in at that price, but don't want to go through the hassle of sending it and having it returned if they're just going to turn it away.

Amazon had my Signature Edition in copy of AC:R "Processing . . ." for four days before rejecting it as an "Incorrect Edition." I contacted Customer Support and explained that the GameStop pre-order edition is, aside from coloration of the cover and a small "Signature Edition" banner, identical to the standard retail version. I also noted that they've accepted retailer-specific editions from me in the (e.g., BBY B:AC, Target R&C All 4 One).

I ended up with a promo credit for MORE than my locked in value. And I get the game back.

#2102 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Amazon had my Signature Edition in copy of AC:R "Processing . . ." for four days before rejecting it as an "Incorrect Edition." I contacted Customer Support and explained that the GameStop pre-order edition is, aside from coloration of the cover and a small "Signature Edition" banner, identical to the standard retail version. I also noted that they've accepted retailer-specific editions from me in the (e.g., BBY B:AC, Target R&C All 4 One).

I ended up with a promo credit for MORE than my locked in value. And I get the game back.

If the UPC wasn't in their database which I doubt, then you weren't entitled to beg CS. smh.

#2103 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

If the UPC wasn't in their database which I doubt, then you weren't entitled to beg CS. smh.

Didn't beg, just sent a short and polite e-mail. Contacting CS is never a bad thing, and I really was surprised by the rejection. They've accepted a half dozen things with different UPC's from me in the last year and this is my first/only rejection in over 100 book & game trades.

The terms for books are clear and explicit -- ISBN has to match. Wouldn't take much to make the game terms equally direct. As it stands, they'll take something with no UPC at all, so rejecting something that's got a disc identical to the one packed in a product they'll take doesn't make any sense.

#2104 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Didn't beg, just sent a short and polite e-mail. Contacting CS is never a bad thing, and I really was surprised by the rejection. They've accepted a half dozen things with different UPC's from me in the last year and this is my first/only rejection in over 100 book & game trades.

The terms for books are clear and explicit -- ISBN has to match. Wouldn't take much to make the game terms equally direct. As it stands, they'll take something with no UPC at all, so rejecting something that's got a disc identical to the one packed in a product they'll take doesn't make any sense.

I didn't mean you were asking for credit from them. I just don't see further probing the issue as just cause. Although some trade ins with alternate UPCs have been accepted that doesn't mean it's a rule per se. I get what you mean but it's not a given they owe you to accept it is my point.

#2105 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

sent my 2 SR3s in. this is my first time sending "late" (believe I had until the 7th) but am hopeful.

#2106 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

sent my 2 SR3s in. this is my first time sending "late" (believe I had until the 7th) but am hopeful.

You should be fine. I've sent many trade ins much later than you and had them accepted no problem.
502070.png

#2107 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

FYI Batman: AC for ps3 just went up on TIV to $24.30 (after dropping from $15 to $6 and up now) if someone wants to lock in from best buy grabs. FFXIII-2 for PS3 is at $20 also.

#2108 io

io

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Especially if you are really in NY. It should only take a couple days to get to them, which is no problem. Lately I've been sending things in from the West Coast a day or two late and that hasn't been a problem. Considering it takes 7-8 days for shipment from here, I don't think you'll have a problem 1 day late from NY.

#2109 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

25 days from once you submit.

#2110 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

What i do is just PDF the packing slip/label once it gets close to the end of the 7 days since you can't print the label after that point even though you can still send them and have them accepted.
Posted Image

#2111 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

latest I've ever submitted and accepted was 3 1/2 weeks from sending date expired. Had to resubmit for 25 instead of 33 for uncharted 3, got cancelled for a trade in late/early news year this year in mid transit and got it sent back to me. Paid amazon 29.99 on black firday for it.

#2112 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

FYI Batman: AC for ps3 just went up on TIV to $24.30 (after dropping from $15 to $6 and up now) if someone wants to lock in from best buy grabs. FFXIII-2 for PS3 is at $20 also.

I randomly saw that and locked it in. I couldn't get any more from BBY because they were out of magazines, but I have an alternate way to get some for a similar price :)

#2113 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

I usually print to pdf but didn't this time.

also I am in NY but one time it took over 10 days for the items to show up as delivered on the tracking (typically within 5). UPS (and USPS) is very inconsistent in NYC.

#2114 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

well glad i didnt send my sr3's off yet. tiv just jumped back up to 29.70 ps3 from 14. woot. got myself another 3 weeks. now to put down mw3/yakuza/silent hills and do some damn sr3 co op. i got them for super cheap last fall (bestbuy b2g1f for 88, then flipped back 2 for 75, and bestbuy even had it on sale for 30 new. so its crazy a few months later it trades in for that price still. i havnt seen it new and cheap in awhile but its thq you know you can pick it back up again cheap someday.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2115 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

Trade in deal of the day: Final Fantasy xiii-2 ps3 $20

Just got it for $15 with the novella. The game is really good but since I just got Shank 2 and Shift 2 for free (ps+) and PGA 13 CE ($35 @ Target) I'm a bit swamped. I'll trade it now to make a $5 profit and then pick up the ce when it drops below $55.

#2116 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

LoZ:Ocarina of Time 3D is up to 22.95. Good for people who got it for 12.50 last week.

:ps3:Need for Speed: The Run is up to 18.90.

#2117 Poetry In Motion

Poetry In Motion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

well glad i didnt send my sr3's off yet. tiv just jumped back up to 29.70 ps3 from 14. woot. got myself another 3 weeks. now to put down mw3/yakuza/silent hills and do some damn sr3 co op. i got them for super cheap last fall (bestbuy b2g1f for 88, then flipped back 2 for 75, and bestbuy even had it on sale for 30 new. so its crazy a few months later it trades in for that price still. i havnt seen it new and cheap in awhile but its thq you know you can pick it back up again cheap someday.

I'm new to this but, damn, so if the TIV of a game gets raised from the time you traded it in, and your trade-in is in the "Processing..." stage, you would still get the lower, initial TIV? Can someone clarify? I'm not sure if I missed this.

Thanks

#2118 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

Yes, you get whatever value you locked in (whether higher or lower).

#2119 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Fifa Street ps3 $32 tiv
http://www.amazon.co...node=2242532011

#2120 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Little help, if you say create a trade with 3 games but decide you want to keep 1 but not cancel the trade because the TIV you locked in we're that good, can you send in the 2 games and they'll just accept those and null out the one you didn't?

#2121 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Little help, if you say create a trade with 3 games but decide you want to keep 1 but not cancel the trade because the TIV you locked in we're that good, can you send in the 2 games and they'll just accept those and null out the one you didn't?

yeah they'll take the 2 for sure and credit them the other will just show up as not received.

#2122 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

^^^ Exactly. I've done this multiple times. They'll take whatever you send in, credit you for the games received, and then the trade will stay in the processing stage for a few more days because of the missing games, but eventually they just close the trade.

No harm, no foul....

#2123 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Surprised to see a trade in sent this past Monday to get delivered and in processing today. Usually takes eight days to make it from So Cal to New Hampshire. I'm guessing because it was just after Easter?

#2124 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

:360::ps3: Rage trading in at $8.80 if any of you are finished with your $5 BB @Gamer copies.

#2125 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

So just out of curiosity, since it's been changed to allow most games to be accepted at a lower tier, even if you don't have the case or instructions... How many people have still had games rejected at the lower tier? It's hard for me to shed my past fears, as I have a few DS games with no case (well, just a generic case) and I'm very reluctant to send them in.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2126 xCappax

xCappax

Real Madrid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

So just out of curiosity, since it's been changed to allow most games to be accepted at a lower tier, even if you don't have the case or instructions... How many people have still had games rejected at the lower tier? It's hard for me to shed my past fears, as I have a few DS games with no case (well, just a generic case) and I'm very reluctant to send them in.

if they get rejected they send it back to you.... not a big deal.

#2127 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm trying to think of reasons why I SHOULDN'T pick the "like new" credit value if I'm just gonna pick "Don't return the game to me". I mean, they're gonna readjust your tier level anyways, so why not take the 1% or so chance they don't?

#2128 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

I'm trying to think of reasons why I SHOULDN'T pick the "like new" credit value if I'm just gonna pick "Don't return the game to me". I mean, they're gonna readjust your tier level anyways, so why not take the 1% or so chance they don't?

Sounds logical to me.

#2129 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

if they get rejected they send it back to you.... not a big deal.

Well like I said, just out of curiosity. Although something I'm building credit towards is at a lower price ATM and not sure how long that'll last...so was just trying to get a feel for what they DON'T take anymore since then I'd just take it to BB.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2130 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

Well like I said, just out of curiosity. Although something I'm building credit towards is at a lower price ATM and not sure how long that'll last...so was just trying to get a feel for what they DON'T take anymore since then I'd just take it to BB.

I almost exclusively trade in pristine games (even sent in quite a few still new/sealed) but just recently sent in two My Horse and Me: Riding for Gold cart-only games for the DS when they were trading in at some obscene dollar amount. I locked in at the Good price but could only find cart-only games at the GameStops around me. Amazon/Noram accepted the games without an issue but downgraded them to Acceptable condition and gave me something like $27 each instead of the $34 each I would have gotten for complete games.

For what it's worth, it makes me much more comfortable trying to trade in disc-only or cart-only games in the future, although I still always do that only as a last resort...