Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#2131 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

:360::ps3: Rage trading in at $8.80 if any of you are finished with your $5 BB @Gamer copies.

I haven't even opened up my copy it yet, but I locked it in anyway.
502070.png

#2132 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Alundra (PS1) is up to $30 and SSX (PS3) is up to $32.70. I'm glad I didn't have a chance to send off my copy of SSX yet that I locked in for about $25.

Edit: Looks like at least someone traded in since the values plummeted...

Edited by sabanoo, 18 April 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#2133 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Trade in of the day:
MLB 12 The Show ps3
Trade-in Value $38.00

#2134 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B0010AYJXI/
Alan Wake trading in for $30.

#2135 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

Nice. Already locked in my Alan Wake LE for the same amount I paid for it through the Warehouse.

#2136 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

I refreshed twice and saw it go to 15 then 7.50.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2137 Cap'n_RDM

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

Dropped to $7.50 while I was trying to submit a trade-in.
Now Playing:
:ps3: Mortal Kombat
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
:psp: The 3rd Birthday
:ds: Pokemon Black

#2138 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Alan Wake at $5.45 now...they killed that quick. In fact, pretty much as soon as it was posted in this thread. Kinda suspicious...

#2139 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

They probably meant to do it for the LE. So many people probably did it so it dropped fast.

#2140 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Its already been talked about how these threads are watched.

#2141 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Managed to lock a couple in @30...now I need to find them.

EDIT: I should have posted. I locked them in about 12 AM last night, but I don't usually check CAG late at night.

#2142 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Alan Wake at $5.45 now...they killed that quick. In fact, pretty much as soon as it was posted in this thread. Kinda suspicious...

:roll: it's not like there's a person sitting there settings TIVs on the fly.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2143 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

:roll: it's not like there's a person sitting there settings TIVs on the fly.

Apparently you never heard of "EL VIGILANTE". He watches trade in values and ajdusts them accordingly. He was recruited to fight EL HOARDO.

#2144 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Apparently you never heard of "EL VIGILANTE". He watches trade in values and ajdusts them accordingly. He was recruited to fight EL HOARDO.

Is this him?

Spoiler

Ees7Y.jpg

#2145 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Is this him?

Spoiler

Awesome a real life Homer Simpson!

#2146 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Is this him?

Spoiler

Pretty sure it's actually this guy, but I get the two confused.

Spoiler

#2147 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Will Amazon accept an item that does not show up in their search when you put the UPC code in but does show when searching by title, i.e. probably a different UPC?

#2148 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

Will Amazon accept an item that does not show up in their search when you put the UPC code in but does show when searching by title, i.e. probably a different UPC?

those are the ones with highest probability of getting rejected but YMMV.

Ees7Y.jpg

#2149 RoylAsult

RoylAsult

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

i traded in a few games last week and they were all rejected because i put good instead of acceptable by accident (GBA games with no box) and they have all been sent back to me. If i just do it again and put acceptable will they take it this time?

Always thought they just changed the condition on you...

#2150 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

i traded in a few games last week and they were all rejected because i put good instead of acceptable by accident (GBA games with no box) and they have all been sent back to me. If i just do it again and put acceptable will they take it this time?

Always thought they just changed the condition on you...

Only if you choose not to have the items returned to you.

#2151 RoylAsult

RoylAsult

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

i think you misunderstood my question lol

#2152 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

You get 2 choices. Either you say you only want to trade in if it's in good condition or you can opt to have them lower to acceptable if it's in that condition. You probably didn't opt for the latter which is choosing do not return. But yes if you choose acceptable this time, they will take it.

#2153 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

I didn't even answer your question because I don't know if they'll accept it as "acceptable."

#2154 RoylAsult

RoylAsult

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

You get 2 choices. Either you say you only want to trade in if it's in good condition or you can opt to have them lower to acceptable if it's in that condition. You probably didn't opt for the latter which is choosing do not return. But yes if you choose acceptable this time, they will take it.

im confused now lol. i selected send it back to me if rejected. they are resending it back to me because the condition was not up to par of good, they said it was acceptable but didnt offer me the option to take that price. instead they are sending it back to me.

#2155 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

im confused now lol. i selected send it back to me if rejected. they are resending it back to me because the condition was not up to par of good, they said it was acceptable but didnt offer me the option to take that price. instead they are sending it back to me.

You made that choice when you submitted it. That's why they're sending it back. You can't change your mind during the transaction. When you submit it again, I would still choose good, just don't pick send it back if rejected. Never hurts to see if you get more :)

#2156 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

never really thought of that...good suggestion
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#2157 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

I actually was locking in a trade on a DVD set today for 54.xx and by the time I submitted it, it had dropped to $15. "EL VIGILANTE" strikes again!

#2158 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

:360:FFXIII-2 trading in at $22.95 if any of you are finished with your $15 BB @Gamer copies. :ps3: version is at $17.

#2159 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Halo Anniversary is still at a solid $20.40.

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II.

#2160 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Weird question that my OCD is forcing me to ask. I had a previous trade-in that I packed up and was going to trade in. However, at the last moment, I decided not to trade it in.

Now I have another trade-in that I want to send. Can I use the unused shipping label that's already on the padded envelope to trade-in this game? Or do I have to use the shipping label that's generated with the specific game I'm sending?

Just trying to be efficient and not waste paper.