Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#2251 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Max Payne 3 trades in for $36.00 on PS3, the highest I've seen. I cancelled my not-yet-sent-in $33.75 trade-in and placed another one at this higher value.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2252 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Sams Club has tons of free boxes, and since they are going to Nor-Am who cares if your games are shipped in Candy/Fruit/Whatever boxes.

#2253 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Anyone know a cheap way to get boxes? Cost me 3.50 to buy a freaking box to trade in a game I got 20.25 for opposed to 16.80 at Best Buy. Really not even worth the hassle for $0.50.

If you're trading in a single game you can just use a padded envelope. I know this won't help but ever since I got Amazon Prime I've been somewhat overwhelmed with boxes/padded envelopes.

You can get quite a few bubble mailers on ebay for pretty cheap (where it comes out to ~30 cents each) which is useful if you are planning on trading in and/or selling on ebay a lot.

They are not too bad just buying them either -- I pick them up at walgreens when they are on sale for like 50 cents, but I'm sure WM has them cheaper.

There is some risk of damage, I've heard about 1/100 get crushed or something, but it's usually the cheap xbox or red GH PS3 cases that get smashed and I've had more like 1/200 get crushed.

#2254 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Good point, I wasn't thinking about it being UPS, so I guess that would work. Still theft, though.

How is it theft? The boxes are free for consumers. They are a business expense for USPS. Just like mailing labels, etc.

#2255 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Bubble mailers in the office section of grocery stores are about $.42 a piece in packs of 3, so about $1.33 total.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#2256 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

How is it theft? The boxes are free for consumers. They are a business expense for USPS. Just like mailing labels, etc.

Because they're labeled and printed to recoup that cost from using the flat rate shipping option. Using them for other types is very much theft.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#2257 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

dammit. let's not start this stupid discussion again. you're not supposed to use them except for priority or express. end of story.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2258 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

You're NOT a usps costumer if you're using the usps boxes with UPS/Fedex mailings. :roll:
Please don't abuse the system.

#2259 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

dammit. let's not start this stupid discussion again. you're not supposed to use them except for priority or express. end of story.

Never heard this argument before, but I agree (not to talk about it, that is).

#2260 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Max Payne 3 trades in for $36.00 on PS3, the highest I've seen. I cancelled my not-yet-sent-in $33.75 trade-in and placed another one at this higher value.

Good catch. Just did the same. Thanks for the post...

#2261 io

io

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

You can get quite a few bubble mailers on ebay for pretty cheap (where it comes out to ~30 cents each) which is useful if you are planning on trading in and/or selling on ebay a lot.

From RoyalMailers you can get them for 21 cents each (for 100) or 15.5 cents each (for 250). These are the size #0 poly mailers that are perfect for games/DVDs.

As for Max Payne - well, I just used my PUR renewal B2G1 coupon and had locked in MP3 for Amazon trade-in in case I couldn't find 3 games I wanted. But I ended up with the very nice B2G1 of Metroid Prime Trilogy (mint), Xenoblade Chronicles (near mint and playing it right now - great game), and Witcher 2 (complete with all the extras).

But $36 would have been a great alternative to get 2 other games much cheaper. That does remind me I should cancel that trade-in to free it up for later. I haven't sent in an actual Amazon trade-in for a few months now - feels strange ;).

#2262 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Anyone know a cheap way to get boxes? Cost me 3.50 to buy a freaking box to trade in a game I got 20.25 for opposed to 16.80 at Best Buy. Really not even worth the hassle for $0.50.

Uline.com

#2263 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

doh. already beat max payne 3 a few times and flipped at bestbuy for 33.60. oh wellz just a few dollars.
still hoping my 'processing' saints row 3's get taken for 28.50 each still...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2264 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

From RoyalMailers you can get them for 21 cents each (for 100) or 15.5 cents each (for 250). These are the size #0 poly mailers that are perfect for games/DVDs.

As for Max Payne - well, I just used my PUR renewal B2G1 coupon and had locked in MP3 for Amazon trade-in in case I couldn't find 3 games I wanted. But I ended up with the very nice B2G1 of Metroid Prime Trilogy (mint), Xenoblade Chronicles (near mint and playing it right now - great game), and Witcher 2 (complete with all the extras).

But $36 would have been a great alternative to get 2 other games much cheaper. That does remind me I should cancel that trade-in to free it up for later. I haven't sent in an actual Amazon trade-in for a few months now - feels strange ;).

Nice Thanks! I actually had been using a guy on ebay but he totally screwed me and also figured out a way to not get the dreaded paypal chargeback after he screwed me, so I was not going to use them again. Those royalmailers look nice!

#2265 io

io

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

Nice Thanks! I actually had been using a guy on ebay but he totally screwed me and also figured out a way to not get the dreaded paypal chargeback after he screwed me, so I was not going to use them again. Those royalmailers look nice!

I've bought a few sets from there (of different sizes). They have free shipping and ship quickly (2-day for me but it depends how far you are from L.A.). They are definitely legit. Sometimes there are discount coupons you can apply as well, but it us usually 5 or 10% - every bit helps though ;).

#2266 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

just dance 3 xbox360 tiv $18.90

#2267 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

For anyone with an original Wii, might be your last chance to ditch it for a reasonable value (if you still have the box/manuals/etc):

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

#2268 io

io

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

For anyone with an original Wii, might be your last chance to ditch it for a reasonable value (if you still have the box/manuals/etc):

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

If I knew more about how the Virtual console/WiiWare transfer to the Wii U was going to happen I might do this. If they can just take your Wii Shop login info and tranfser them that way (without needing the original Wii system any more) then I could dump it. But we really don't know that yet...

#2269 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

If I knew more about how the Virtual console/WiiWare transfer to the Wii U was going to happen I might do this. If they can just take your Wii Shop login info and tranfser them that way (without needing the original Wii system any more) then I could dump it. But we really don't know that yet...

Seeing as how you needed your DSi/DSi XL to transfer DSiWare over to your 3DS, and considering how VC/WiiWare is tied to the system, I would reasonably expect to still need your Wii to transfer your games to Wii U.

#2270 io

io

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

Seeing as how you needed your DSi/DSi XL to transfer DSiWare over to your 3DS, and considering how VC/WiiWare is tied to the system, I would reasonably expect to still need your Wii to transfer your games to Wii U.

OK, thanks, I never bought any DSiware, so I never had to do that.

Oh well, I'd rather save my $50-$75 worth of VC and WiiWare and get less for the Wii later (but hopefully at least $50-ish whether via eBay or trade-in).

#2271 kincade

kincade

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Does Amazon game trade in take vita games at all? Sorry if question has been asked before don't get too check site often.

#2272 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

^ But you came here to type out a post asking about a trade instead of searching amazon for the game and seeing if there was a trade in option?

#2273 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

Does Amazon game trade in take vita games at all? Sorry if question has been asked before don't get too check site often.

Yep.

http://tivtrackr.com/psv

#2274 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

^ But you came here to type out a post asking about a trade instead of searching amazon for the game and seeing if there was a trade in option?

:lol:Meanie.
To answer the question though, just simply type in the word Vita to the trade in value search on Amazon and it'll pop up a list of 200 results:

http://www.amazon.co...a&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Just select Playstation Vita from the menu on the left and it'll whittle the list down to 33 results:

http://www.amazon.co...9&rnid=11846801

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2275 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

6+ years as CAG he deserves a snarky comment!

#2276 kincade

kincade

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

To answer the question though, just simply type in the word Vita to the trade in value search on Amazon and it'll pop up a list of 200 results:

http://www.amazon.co...a&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Just select Playstation Vita from the menu on the left and it'll whittle the list down to 33 results:

http://www.amazon.co...9&rnid=11846801

Thanks for reply guys.

#2277 azteg28

azteg28

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=driver
Driver: San Francisco is back up to 9.45 360 and 12 for ps3. It's been only $3 so this is good for those of use who got it from Gamefly when it was 7.99 a couple months ago and beat it already..

#2278 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

NBA 2K12 went up from $8 to $18.90, good thing I locked mine up when it was $23! Still sad that it went from $11 to $8 at BB(Not including 100% bonus), would have totally done that than Amazon trade in :/

#2279 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

Wondering if anyone knows how noram is about these newer EA games that include the manual on disc. I've got Kingdoms Of Alamar:Reckoning and FIFA 12 where I just printed out the .pdf online manuals and tossed the little POS leaflet saying the manual was on the disc. Is that something they will reject a trade for, since it never had an actual manual there in the first place? Original cases, games and outer artwork still in tact.

I did some searching and reading in this thread, but could not find an answer - so sorry if this has already been discussed.

#2280 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Wondering if anyone knows how noram is about these newer EA games that include the manual on disc. I've got Kingdoms Of Alamar:Reckoning and FIFA 12 where I just printed out the .pdf online manuals and tossed the little POS leaflet saying the manual was on the disc. Is that something they will reject a trade for, since it never had an actual manual there in the first place? Original cases, games and outer artwork still in tact.

I did some searching and reading in this thread, but could not find an answer - so sorry if this has already been discussed.

As long as the game is "complete" and has everything that would otherwise come with it new. Do ea games come with no manual whatsoever or do they come with the one page insert like Ubisoft? If so, you probably have to include the insert (along with the official game case and cover art).