Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3459 replies to this topic

#241 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

I have the Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Edition for PS3 (http://www.amazon.co...08770185&sr=1-1) do you think there will be any problems trading it in listed as just Shift 2 (http://www.amazon.co...08770165&sr=1-1)

I don't want to send it in and have them take 2 weeks to say that the UPCs don't match, might as well just trade it somewhere else.

Thanks guys.

#242 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

I have the Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Edition for PS3 (http://www.amazon.co...08770185&sr=1-1) do you think there will be any problems trading it in listed as just Shift 2 (http://www.amazon.co...08770165&sr=1-1)

I don't want to send it in and have them take 2 weeks to say that the UPCs don't match, might as well just trade it somewhere else.

Thanks guys.

This info is in the faq

Just type the upc into the search bar and see which item pops up
Posted Image

#243 io

io

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

And in fact I already checked that myself yesterday and it does come up at Amazon. Isn't this one of those cases where they are all the "limited edition"?

#244 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

Did you allow for the "downgrade" option on yours? I also got credited for mine today, but at the "revised to good" pricing of $200. I'm Ok with that since, really, these things are not "like new" no matter how much original packaging material you might have sent in.

I almost just went with my $200 "good' estimate to begin with anyway, so I'll just leave it at that. I'm sure I could convince an Amazon rep to give me the $30 extra but meh...

All I was missing was a bag for the controller and the HDMI cable. Everything else was in original packaging and I included every manual and insert and packed it just like a new console(even putting the "Getting Started" card in the bag with the console like shown in the unboxing video).

In any case, this seems to be the first case ever reported on CAG where an item was downgraded fairly. Making it "acceptable" would have gone too far, but "good" is reasonable. I'm only slightly annoyed that so many others got the "like new" pricing. Maybe if I had not provided the downgrade option they would have just gone for it rather than ship it back. Oh well...

I was credited $230 today for my Elite and I had the downgrade option. I sent in everything properly bagged (except controller and HDMI) and all paperwork included (minus warranty information). I had rubbed down my system and controller with alcohol, and the only thing that actually looked slightly worn was the external box. You must have had a strict grader who would have returned the package if you didn't give the downgrade option, so I'd still count you as lucky with the $200 instead of $140.

#245 io

io

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

I was credited $230 today for my Elite and I had the downgrade option. I sent in everything properly bagged (except controller and HDMI) and all paperwork included (minus warranty information). I had rubbed down my system and controller with alcohol, and the only thing that actually looked slightly worn was the external box. You must have had a strict grader who would have returned the package if you didn't give the downgrade option, so I'd still count you as lucky with the $200 instead of $140.

Still that kind of sucks as it sounds like yours was exactly like mine right down to the missing controller and HDMI cable bags! The 360 itself looked perfect. I had been using an alternative faceplate since day one so the original black one was, in fact, "like new" (as I had kept it in the box since I first got the thing). I made sure to clean out every speck of dust with compressed air and other than that it was in perfect shape to begin with.

As I said before, I would be fine with the downgrade since the system wasn't like new as it has been used for 3 or 4 years now! But with everyone else getting the $230 I still feel kind of ripped off ;). Oh well, no big deal I guess.

#246 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Thanks guys.

I sent in the limited and got the full $30 at the time....or was it $25.25? I forget but it was what I expected.

#247 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

just tried to submit a ds lite, in great condition with stylus and charger, for a final $50 to get a 3ds...had it marked as being in good condition, and its being returned due to lack of original box and original manuals..just a heads up!

#248 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

Update: I got the $230 for my Elite!

Considering it had been refurbed once by MS for a not-quite-RROD-error, this was just a great trade for me. Thanks Amazon!

Condition I selected: Like New
- Excellent box condition
- All manuals and documents that came in the box
- All the wrappers for the cables (controller, headset, power block, power cable, hdmi cable, audio adapter)
- Spent extra time wiping off the controller, and used a toothpick to get the crud out of the seams
- Even more time dusting the vents and behind the faceplate on the Elite, and wiped clean the outer case
- The box had a sticker that said "Forza 3/Marvel UA included", but I did not include the games.

Good luck CAGs. Now to go spend some Amazon credit!

I sent mine in complete with box/manuals. Everything was pretty pristine. It was accepted at $230.

Sweet, just got my credit this morning. I sent in everything that came with my elite console, single controller, and all plastic bags were still in the box. Good luck, guys.

so my elite was returned today. it was packaged in a big rectangular box and the elite box took up about 1/3 of it. the elite box is banged up and corners had that white cardboard tearing :hot:.

there were two label stickers with text (a sentence continued on to the other sticker) placed on the packing slip I had lightly taped to the elite box. the text is as follows with exact punctuation and line spacing:

For Xbox 360 elite 120 gb
console trade-in
in like new condition, Original
120 gb artwork required.
holiday bundle artwork does not
allow system to be traded in like
new condition.

Okay this is bullshit since 1) a member on SD got credit for the Lego Batman/Pure (2009 holiday bundle) elite box without the games and 2) CAG member bh47 received "like new" credit for his Forza3/Marvel (a Spring bundle) elite.

I sent in a Lego Indiana Jones/Kungfu Panda (2008 holiday bundle) elite box w/out the games. I included all accessorizes (hdmi, ethernet, headset for slim bundle 8-), some digital connector) as well as the component/av cables and controller. I cleaned everything that was used including the system so expected a "like new" credit.

Amazon will be receiving emails later about this as well as the poor condition of my once like new elite box (it was stored in a box and placed in a closest since Jan. 2009).

#249 biglou13

biglou13

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:50 AM

Good luck to you. Last week I sent in 2 :360: white wireless controllers with the green packaging that came with the console and had them rejected. Good thing I chose to return the item because they were going to give me the acceptable TIV (it was $16.10 for like new, $14 for good, and $9.80 for acceptable). Honestly they qualified for at least good; sh*t I even sent them with batteries...and I only received 2 of the 4 batteries I sent :-({|=:headache:

Best of luck.

They rated my controller "Acceptable" too. I'm also getting it returned; no harm in trying.

#250 htown01

htown01

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

They rated my controller "Acceptable" too. I'm also getting it returned; no harm in trying.

Damn, ain't that a :censored:. It's ridiculous that they would want the original plastic packaging for the controller, very few people save that. Ah well.

#251 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:42 AM

Never trade in consoles to noram ( the 3rd party merchant who takes our trade ins ) now you know why
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#252 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

6/26 Trade in of the Day:

:360: SFIV Fight Stick $32

I thought to myself, cool, I picked one up from Walmart for $15 and used it once before I realized I shouldn't play fighting games. Then I started looking at used prices...

http://www.amazon.co...trdrt_list_asin

Even on eBay they seem to sell for $50+. Had no idea they were so valuable?
Posted Image

#253 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

I thought to myself, cool, I picked one up from Walmart for $15 and used it once before I realized I shouldn't play fighting games. Then I started looking at used prices...

Oh my friend you missed it where people were purchasing them for $20-30 on amazon just to flip it back at $70.

#254 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

yeah the standard editions are no longer available for sale. the TE are too much to pay for. These go for $50 also on craigslist pretty easily.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#255 Darkhate

Darkhate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Don't know if this was said, but Fear 3 TIV on amazon is at $32.50 for 360 and PS3.

#256 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

if anyone cares to read my last post:
http://www.cheapassg...3&postcount=248

so I contacted Amazon yesterday and received a reply.

Hello,

I'm sorry your submission for Xbox 360 Elite 120 GB Console System (Transaction ID #TRN-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX) was not accepted by the Merchant. According to the information provided by the Merchant processing your submission, the specific reason your item didn't meet the trade-in conditions was: Incorrect edition.

However, from your e-mail I understand that you've sent correct edition of Xbox 360 Elite 120 GB Console System. Therefore, I've issued you a $230.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order.

props to A K G. (the CSR) and Amazon CS in general :applause: :bouncy:

oh and of course I checked that the credit was applied (have $250 total thanks to previous pre-order bonus). now I can wait for a nice ps3 deal and not pay tax (usually pay tax but thanks to credit I won't 8-))

#257 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

oh and of course I checked that the credit was applied (have $250 total thanks to previous pre-order bonus). now I can wait for a nice ps3 deal and not pay tax (usually pay tax but thanks to credit I won't 8-))

You pay tax on Amazon items when there warehouses are in your state right?

#258 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

a couple weird TIVs today:

Contra (NES) - 7.50
Jaws Unleashed (PC) - 20.00

Had a mlb2k11 rejected due to "cracked disc" which is a bit suspect, but other recent trades have been grand.

MildObstruction.png

#259 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

You pay tax on Amazon items when there warehouses are in your state right?

It depends if your state considers this to be nexus or not.

#260 kapkorn

kapkorn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

I am so pissed at Amazon right now, I traded in a perfect copy of Black Ops and today I get an email saying the game is being returned because the disc is cracked. It was definitely NOT cracked when I sent it, I even made sure there were no scratches and that it played before I sent it.

So either they or UPS damaged it so no not only do I not get my credit I will end up with a broken game.

Ridiculous.

They dropped the trade in price by about $10 the day after I submitted my trade in...

#261 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Did you take pics before you sent it?

Contact amazon CS when you get it back, you may end up with the credit and your game back. Dont freak out just yet
Posted Image

#262 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

So I just realized that the Uncharted I was going to sell is a Not for resale version (dam you gamestop). Is the only way around this is to remove the artwork and take the lower amount? Everything else about it is great.

#263 io

io

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Well, damn, if you are getting the full $230 and getting your system back I think I may bug them about getting that extra $30 that they denied me when downgrading mine to "good" (given that everyone else got the full $230).

#264 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:59 AM

I am kind of freaking out about one of my trade-ins. I had 3 different trade-in orders or whatever, so I sent in 3 boxes. Two of the boxes departed this one place but the other says unload scan, june 24th at this city and it hasn't changed. I hope it isn't lost or stolen as it was the most valuable one (had $200 worth of games in it)

#265 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

Chelmsford?

#266 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Chelmsford?

The town where everybody can have their trade-ins stolen equally since 2010

#267 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

Here.
June 24, 2011 7:42:00 PM PDT SAN PABLO, CA, US UNLOAD SCAN

#268 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

That's a new one.

#269 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

has anyone ever had luck with putting multiple trade ins in the same box or is that a very
dumb idea. i just only have one box left, and i think i could get both in and sent under the weight limit of just one, but i dont want it to be rejected/only count as one traded in...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#270 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

has anyone ever had luck with putting multiple trade ins in the same box or is that a very
dumb idea. i just only have one box left, and i think i could get both in and sent under the weight limit of just one, but i dont want it to be rejected/only count as one traded in...

I do it all the time and have had zero problems, but it's a terrible idea as you can't prove that you sent the other trade ins without the tracking info.

MildObstruction.png