Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

Yes.

Thanks man.

#2762 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Is it possible to send two trade-in orders in one package?

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#2763 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

The copy of Road Rash I traded in for 80 cents last week is now worth $30. :roll:

#2764 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Grrr.....Parasite Eve dropped from $30 before I got home from work and Resident Evil Survivor dropped from $30 almost before my eyes.

#2765 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

Sending in my Platinum Wavebird sans packaging (I could have sworn I had it actually but I can't seem to find it.

If it doesn't qualify as good they can send it back, that's cool.

#2766 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

Is it possible to send two trade-in orders in one package?

Check the OP. Says it should be ok, but they scan the barcode on the outside to see what to expect on the inside. It should be ok, but do so at your own risk. I had 6 different orders over the past few days, so I just shipped in 6 different boxes just to be safe.

#2767 io

io

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:45 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure why, but I always feel better sending things in small batches of no more than 3-5 games each. I guess I figure I'll spread the risk (of loss/damage). Of course I'm also just increasing the chances that something will happen to one of them ;). But then dealing with Amazon CS over a few games vs 15-20 is probably a much safer thing.

I mailed a box of 4 Gamecube games off today even though I'm still waiting on processing for the 3 GBA games they got today. I figure I better get the ball rolling - I can't wait 10 days between packages to see if everything is OK (even if I can resubmit the same values to keep the trade-ins fresh). I'll probably send in 2 more boxes later this week.

Grrr.....Parasite Eve dropped from $30 before I got home from work and Resident Evil Survivor dropped from $30 almost before my eyes.

Keep checking - the values keep bouncing up and down daily.

#2768 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

Posted Image

Assuming they give me credit for everything in the box here I'm looking at $316.45

They may not take the Wavebird without its packaging, and they may not take Zelda, Mario, or Metal Gear Solid due to their Players Choice/Greatest Hits status, but I should still clear at least $200 here, worst case scenario.

If they don't want the Wavebird without its packaging I've instructed them to return it.

I was also considering trading in Power Stone 2, Cannonspike, Metroid Fusion, and Super Mario Advance 2, but I couldn't bring myself to part with any of them.

Edit: On second thought, I'm resubmitting sans Wavebird. No sense in sending that in when there's a 90% chance they'll be sending it back.

#2769 io

io

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Wait, I have Namco Museum GBA and value was crap last time I looked! Eh, it's $5.90 now - not horrible but probably not worth sending. What did you lock it in for? If it was ever more than that it might bounce back up again and I'll keep an eye on it.

And those 3 Gamecube games I just couldn't part with. I have about 12 others locked and ready to go though. I am sending Metroid Fusion in - I have it on my 3DS because of the Ambassador program and I've never played it anyway, so I might as well.

#2770 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure why, but I always feel better sending things in small batches of no more than 3-5 games each. I guess I figure I'll spread the risk (of loss/damage). Of course I'm also just increasing the chances that something will happen to one of them ;). But then dealing with Amazon CS over a few games vs 15-20 is probably a much safer thing.

I mailed a box of 4 Gamecube games off today even though I'm still waiting on processing for the 3 GBA games they got today. I figure I better get the ball rolling - I can't wait 10 days between packages to see if everything is OK (even if I can resubmit the same values to keep the trade-ins fresh). I'll probably send in 2 more boxes later this week.

Keep checking - the values keep bouncing up and down daily.

The amount of money in premiums from sending multiple packages like that in a short period of time I think is worse then just sending it all in one package with insurance. You can probably get like $200 in coverage for less then the total is cost to ship 8 packages at $3-$6 dollars each.

needler420.png

#2771 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

The amount of money in premiums from sending multiple packages like that in a short period of time I think is worse then just sending it all in one package with insurance. You can probably get like $200 in coverage for less then the total is cost to ship 8 packages at $3-$6 dollars each.

he isn't paying for it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2772 io

io

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

he isn't paying for it.

Yeah, what? UPS has built-in insurance - I know it is a huge hassle to get it covered if there is a problem (Amazon and UPS will blame each other) but Amazon CS would most likely just cover it anyway - and my point is that they are more likely to cover a smaller package than one huge $300 - $400 one.

The only expense issue with sending multiple packages is that I have to find multiple boxes vs. just one big one and the extra printing of labels/usage of tape, etc. It is a small amount extra, but nothing huge. I happen to have tons of Amazon boxes right now so those are free - it is just the paper/ink/tape cost.

Plus the advantage of sending them in a bti at a time is that I can just get those games ready to go (cleaned, etc) without having to do them all at once. And that reminds me, I totally forgot to clean off the discs of the ones I just sent in - d'oh!

#2773 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

he isn't paying for it.

Yeah I forgot I use my own carrier and not the free UPS labels.

Even so though if you're trading in $300 worth of items and all you use is a tracking number is pretty dam foolish if you ask me.

You're better using you're own carrier and having peace of mind.

Specially from his post he doesn't have peace of mind.

needler420.png

#2774 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

It looks like I'm a little late to this TIV spike.

Sending in my Platinum Wavebird sans packaging (I could have sworn I had it actually but I can't seem to find it.

If it doesn't qualify as good they can send it back, that's cool.

After reading your post, I cancelled my order for 2 "Like New" wavebirds. They are "Like New" but they don't have the packaging. I resubmitted them for "Good" condition and to return them if they don't meet Noram's standards.

Is this a good idea to change from "Like New" to "Good" because I don't have the packaging? I've never traded in an accessory before.

Wait, I have Namco Museum GBA and value was crap last time I looked! Eh, it's $5.90 now - not horrible but probably not worth sending. What did you lock it in for? If it was ever more than that it might bounce back up again and I'll keep an eye on it.

And those 3 Gamecube games I just couldn't part with. I have about 12 others locked and ready to go though. I am sending Metroid Fusion in - I have it on my 3DS because of the Ambassador program and I've never played it anyway, so I might as well.

I'm feeling the same way about those three games. I actually had Paper Mario in my cart and was going to lock in the $30 value just in case, but it went down to $7 when I was about to check out. It's probably for the best though because it's still factory sealed. It looks like the cheapest factory sealed copy on Amazon is $64.99 so I'm better off going that route if I want to sell. I own every Mario gamecube game and I haven't decided if I can part with them.

Today is the first day that I wish I was MORE of a videogame hoarder. I bought 3 of those platinum wavebirds at Gamestop during a B2G1 for $17.99 each. They looked brand new. I wish I bought more of them.

I also traded in several of those gamecube games that are currently $30. I got good prices for them, but I'd love to have all of that Amazon credit right now.

#2775 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

I have hundreds of original gameboy and gameboy color games, but it's hard as hell to search for them on Amazon. Only a few of them are showing up. I wish I could look it up by console, but I can't find an option for original gameboy games. Does anybody have a link or any suggestions to make this easier? I might have to go through and type in every single game,which will take a while.

Edit: Actually, they probably aren't worth jack because I don't have the boxes or manuals for any of them.

#2776 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

Plus the advantage of sending them in a bti at a time is that I can just get those games ready to go (cleaned, etc) without having to do them all at once. And that reminds me, I totally forgot to clean off the discs of the ones I just sent in - d'oh!

Yeah, I totally didn't clean a couple of the games I sent in today. Not just the disc, but a couple of the cases had stickers/gunk on them. Some goo gone could have cleaned 'em up all right, but I'm really curious what they will take and what they won't. I'll post if/when they accept my dirty games.

631840.png

#2777 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

Sonic, when I use my iPhone and go to ativ.scurker.com it takes me to a page where you select by system. This is how I have been searching for games in store. I open up a page on my phone for each system and list the by price, high to low. This is great for Xbox, gamecube, and gba but limited as far as orig gb and color listings...only 24 game boy are listed.

Edited by shrike4242, 26 September 2012 - 03:52 AM.

...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#2778 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

Seems like some decent stuff in this lot if anyone wants to take the plunge.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e72af703e

#2779 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Seems like some decent stuff in this lot if anyone wants to take the plunge.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e72af703e

Not the worst idea as long as you have the cash to spend and you don't mind keeping the games if the TIV's plummet. It's kind of a gamble.

#2780 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

Not the worst idea as long as you have the cash to spend and you don't mind keeping the games if the TIV's plummet. It's kind of a gamble.

Yeah. Not too keen on lot sales, but Diablo and Riven alone put it at $60. Assuming TiV doesn't tank.

#2781 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Sonic, when I use my iPhone and go to ativ.scurker.com it takes me to a page where you select by system. This is how I have been searching for games in store. I open up a page on my phone for each system and list the by price, high to low. This is great for Xbox, gamecube, and gba but limited as far as orig gb and color listings...only 24 game boy are listed.

I'll have to check out that scurker thing. I've been using http://tivtrackr.com/ that sorts by system and then price, and that's worked well, but I'm seeing some people trading in games that didn't show up there, at least not when I was looking. Probably just normal delay in their refresh.

edit: nvm, that skurker thing goes to the same place as my link that I've been using.

Edited by shrike4242, 26 September 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#2782 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

$5.90 is what I'm getting for it, and to be honest I'm submitting it for that because I don't ever see it getting higher outside of some sort of glitch. I can't imagine ever playing it again, especially since I have Namco Museum DS.

#2783 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

Should be getting around $320 for 16 games, awesome stuff.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2784 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

It's weird. They have RE:2(PS1) for a couple bucks, then they have the greatest hits version for $30. I picked the GH, but I'm trading in the original. We'll see what happens!
Posted Image

#2785 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

Yeah none of it really makes sense. I think someones on vacation and someone else is going to get fired when he/she comes back or somebody higher up, but not the owners, is disgruntled. I just can't figure it out. Any ideas?
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#2786 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

I'm so tempted to lock in a bunch of trades, buy cheap copies from 3rd party sellers, and send them in. Lots of money to be had it seems.

#2787 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

It's like the Amazon credit roulette. Spin the wheel once, you get a winner, spin it again, you lose.

#2788 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

It's like the Amazon credit roulette. Spin the wheel once, you get a winner, spin it again, you lose.

I'd say it is a 1/6 chance your item will come back smashed to pieces.

#2789 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

buying a bunch of ps1 games that are on high vaule and going to trade them in for profit.

#2790 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

Yup specially with people doing this.

buying a bunch of ps1 games that are on high vaule and going to trade them in for profit.

I'm waiting to see the people that get rejected. I already thought about doing it but with the surge of people sending trades in I think they will decline late pacakges.

Hell they will decline it just for the fact if they get too many trades of that one item. Even says that on the Trade in TOS. They can reject a trade for what ever reason.

They think they can buy from third party lock in a trade now and still ship 25 days after the 7 day period.

When my printer ran out of ink and I requested a physical label from amazon which just prints out on any UPS truck they said they can't do it because the delay time for it to get to me would be too close to the 7 day trade in time.

Even though UPS labels gets dropped off next day.

There seems to be so many people trying it though that I think even if we don't hear a case about a late rejection from a member I'm sure they will happen.

People think amazon will bend over for them.

needler420.png