Photo
- - - - -

1000 Heroz CAG Smackdown - Cutoff is 2 PM EST Daily - 1st app update coming soon

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

Damn you Prim4444 (and Tenchim86)! :) I thought I had a pretty good time there.

I have to say that no longer trying to post results screenshots every day, etc, etc, has allowed me to enjoy this game so much more again. Also, taking some courses easy. I'm loving it again. But I wish I was in the lead on Flea. Maybe at lunch....

Crunchewy.png

#62 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

The first update to 1000 Heroz will be submitted today (available after review, of course):

Latest news on 1000 Heroz, we are submitting the first update to Apple today. Among the usual improvements, tweaks, and some security concerns, we are adding Game Center achievements (yay!) and some new track elements.

Multiple Friend League support is definitely on the list for a future update.

As posted here by the dev: http://forums.toucha...4&postcount=248

Crunchewy.png

#63 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

Day 25 is a grind. Hardest course to gold medal so far. To me, at least.

#64 tenchim86

tenchim86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

Day 25 is a grind. Hardest course to gold medal so far. To me, at least.

Hardest course ever. I literally hate this one. It took for ever just to get gold and then I had to get the best time.

I'd give tips but it's more fun wasting an hour of your life failing on this course. I'll try to give tips before I head out for the weekend (if I remember).

#65 tenchim86

tenchim86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

I give up on trying to get #1. When I start this course, I run straight until I get to the bridge. This should allow you to bounce off the first spring and just catch the end of the second spring. The third spring should send you clean over the rock pile. I jump as I touch the bridge to maintain momentum and jump again over the 2 small hills and land on the down slope. You may need a tiny jump off the fourth spring so you get over the small hump.

Near the steam vent, I hold back so I'm in the middle of the steam vent and rock pile. Hold forward again and jump as the steam pushes you forward. If you're lucky, you'll get sent over the hill and then down the slope. If you're too close to the vent, You'll be launched into the button of the floating hill. If you're too far, you'll hit the rocks. The end.

Have a great July 4th weekend!

#66 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

Update released.

#67 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:45 AM

Those hints are kind of annoying. It obscures when I have my Hero jump on the monster truck and ride it off the cliff. :(
Nice to get GameCenter achievements, though.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#68 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

I've been distracted with other games of late, but finally jumped back in last night. I'm not quite managing to a get a great time, perhaps due to being out of practice. Especially seeing how Ascension's online is currently a wreck, I'll try to fit some more runs in today.

Those hints are kind of annoying. It obscures when I have my Hero jump on the monster truck and ride it off the cliff. :(
Nice to get GameCenter achievements, though.

Yep. I tried to go for a ride and was similarly annoyed. They could have picked a better spot for it. Oh well.

Crunchewy.png

#69 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

I haven't been trying as hard lately. I try to play every day, but once I get gold I only do a few more runs and then quit. Before I would compare my times to CAGs and try to best them (damn you Prim444, lol).

I wish they would show the ghost of the top 10 runs after that day is over. Would be cool to see how you got left in the dust (by Prim).

Btw I'm Cantisama. Friendly hi to my competition :)

#70 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

I usually don't press the issue much when I get gold, either. Though I do check my score and try to get at least around 650.

I've enjoyed the race for 5th overall in the CAG league with Slainet, who's currently ~800 points ahead of me.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#71 Esoul

Esoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

Any day now it's looking like Prim will nab 2nd from me. Well deserved too- he has some sick times. I've been playing for golds since crunchewy first posted about the app.

#72 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

I haven't been playing much for a while. I got way burnt out on it, trying to compete every day. I still enjoy it on occasion, but the icon badging that you can't remove got me to delete it from my iPhone. It was pretty annoying seeing the count get into the teens! For the occasional player, that badging is obnoxious. The devs says they are going to make the icon badging optional in the next update, though. I'll reinstall on my iPhone when that hits. I did leave the game on my iPad, so I can still play it - I don't mind the badging there as much for some reason.

I think they did a better job with this type of competition in their game MotoHeroz for WiiWare. Having multiple courses to compete on each day, and having different race types (there's try as many times as you want ones, but also one-shot courses where you can practice as much as you want, but only get one shot at the leaderboard), really helps keep it fun. But also perhaps because I haven't been trying to compete in that every day. That helps too.

Crunchewy.png