Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes 19.99 @ Amazon FSSS

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
just a heads up. I bought a copy of this last week at this price. Figured id share. Its been sitting there for about a week now.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002X9KYFW

i did notice something odd with my copy though. The seal looks like that cheap re-wrap you see sometimes. Its not a y-fold seal. Is that normal for this game? Anyone else buy one before? I always feel leery when i get a game like that and not a y-fold seal. Although i know some re prints are like that. How is this game supposed to be sealed?

[quote name='Kenshindono']i did notice something odd with my copy though. The seal looks like that cheap re-wrap you see sometimes. Its not a y-fold seal. Is that normal for this game? Anyone else buy one before? I always feel leery when i get a game like that and not a y-fold seal. Although i know some re prints are like that. How is this game supposed to be sealed?[/QUOTE]

The type of wrapping just depends on where the disc was manufactured. That's how my copy of Sengoku was wrapped and I've had no problems.

Actually the only time I've ever had a problem was with a y-fold sealed game. I bought a brand new copy of BlazBlue a couple of weeks ago from Best Buy and when I opened it up there was a blank DVD+R in the place of the game disc.

Yeah I concur that the type of factory wrapping can vary and is not always the y-fold (though the majority of my ps3 games do have the folds). I just checked my Sengoku copy from the Capcom store and it has the y-fold, so same game can potentially have different wrappings. I've seen this before with a few other ps3 games as well at several large retailers.

Comparing this one from the previous Sengoku Basara games (not Devil Kings) this was seriously lacking in the character department so even at this price, I'm still not tempted to buy it.

Been playing the crap outta this. Been this price for 2 weeks ( at least that's when I got it). Plenty of hours worth of gameplay, repetitive but a blast with two players.

[quote name='bruceg']Yeah I concur that the type of factory wrapping can vary and is not always the y-fold (though the majority of my ps3 games do have the folds). I just checked my Sengoku copy from the Capcom store and it has the y-fold, so same game can potentially have different wrappings. I've seen this before with a few other ps3 games as well at several large retailers.[/QUOTE]

hmm so one with the cheap wrapping nad one with the y fold. The issue i have is as a collector i wasn the y fold wrapper damnit. Its hard to know if the cheap wrapping is original or not, its so easy do on a reseal job.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about since I collect as well and many of my games are still sealed.

If it's not the y fold (instead has a seam all along the edges, for example), I usually go to a large retail store to check the wrapping. It the store has a large number of copies with the identical 'cheap' wrapping, then I assume that's standard. Unfortunately, many stores probably no longer carry this particular game. If you have a Fry's in your area, they may still have it.

At least someone else here also confirmed getting a copy without the folds, and it sounds like his copy turned out to be brand new, so hopefully you are ok..

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly enjoyed this title. I beat it with several characters but have yet to unlock everything. I like it more than DW7, even.

[quote name='Pinnacle']I highly enjoyed this title. I beat it with several characters but have yet to unlock everything. I like it more than DW7, even.[/QUOTE]

It looks like to unlock everything and get a platinum trophy will easily take 100+ hours, maybe closer to 200. I'd also take this over DW7. It looks/plays better, costs less, and doesn't nickel and dime you with DLC.

Ugh, this game keeps hitting this price, but I keep putting it off. Eventually the price will go up and there will be less copies, but I'll hold off for now.Gonna grab DW7 for $20 tonight and DW:Gundam 3 on launch anyway, so that'll cover my fix for a while.

[quote name='shadowkast']Been playing the crap outta this. Plenty of hours worth of gameplay, repetitive but a blast with two players.[/QUOTE]

This. My step-bros and I blew through the Wii version and then we realized "Hey, the PS3 version probably looks better" so now we're going through that version and kicking all kinds of ass. This is our go-to game for co-op.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Ugh, this game keeps hitting this price, but I keep putting it off. Eventually the price will go up and there will be less copies, but I'll hold off for now.Gonna grab DW7 for $20 tonight and DW:Gundam 3 on launch anyway, so that'll cover my fix for a while.[/QUOTE]

dw7 for 20?

[quote name='melon-juice']dw7 for 20?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Kmart has it for $39.99 this week (the lowest it has been anywhere if I remember correctly) and I have a $20 coupon still from LA Noire. LA Noire was free from the MK/Portal deal, so it's not like the $20 coupon cost me anything. So $19.99 pre-tax tonight for me.

bread's done
Back