Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3) $10 on PSN

i guess i will ask here.

i am out of room on my harddrive. is there a way to get more storage without a new drive? ex. usb storage? maybe? also if i delete a game from my hard drive can i redownload it?

[quote name='hellbringer333']i guess i will ask here.

i am out of room on my harddrive. is there a way to get more storage without a new drive? ex. usb storage? maybe? also if i delete a game from my hard drive can i redownload it?[/QUOTE]

Everything you buy is saved to your account. If you need to redownload something just go to account management, then download list.

[quote name='NipPicker']sears has it for less if you can find it.[/QUOTE]

Less than $10 and considering the current price of gas?

[quote name='ijustw1n']Less than $10 and considering the current price of gas?[/QUOTE]

90% of the people on this site would waste 10$ gas to save 3$ on a videogame just so they can say they did it. but then of course they would just lie and say they were driving there anyway. lets not forget the classic 'it was a nice night so i decided to drive 100 miles to get a game'.

[quote name='hellbringer333']90% of the people on this site would waste 10$ gas to save 3$ on a videogame just so they can say they did it. but then of course they would just lie and say they were driving there anyway. lets not forget the classic 'it was a nice night so i decided to drive 100 miles to get a game'.[/QUOTE]
Some people just prefer a PHYSICAL copy of a game to some crap digital download. If their local Sears(FYI it's $13.97 at Sears) store has it, then who is harmed if they take a trek there to grab one?

Blockbuster also has this game in stock for $9.99 used, so a penny less than the dd before tax/gas costs are factored in.

But the way some folks on here talk about the 'omg gas I spent getting this deal', you'd think everyone on CAG was driving a Humvee to and from the stores. I drive a more recent vehicle(2000 Buick) and I expend nowhere near the inflated amounts of gas people claim to waste on here.

If your vehicle gets that horrible of an amount of mileage on a gallon of gas, then I think you have other things to worry about other than getting a deal on a game, namely buying a better car that doesn't gulp down gas like crazy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some people just prefer a PHYSICAL copy of a game to some crap digital download. If their local Sears(FYI it's $13.97 at Sears) store has it, then who is harmed if they take a trek there to grab one?

Blockbuster also has this game in stock for $9.99 used, so a penny less than the dd before tax/gas costs are factored in.

But the way some folks on here talk about the 'omg gas I spent getting this deal', you'd think everyone on CAG was driving a Humvee to and from the stores. I drive a more recent vehicle(2000 Buick) and I expend nowhere near the inflated amounts of gas people claim to waste on here.

If your vehicle gets that horrible of an amount of mileage on a gallon of gas, then I think you have other things to worry about other than getting a deal on a game, namely buying a better car that doesn't gulp down gas like crazy.[/QUOTE]

its not that gas is expensive its the combination of going out of your way to save 3$. gas ~ car wear ~ your false worth of a videogame. all these things combined equal a disaster most of the time. ex...a game not being in stock or once you get the game you dont even play it. using the digital d excuse is only the case 5% of the time. 95% it is someone driving to a store 30 miles away for deal that is ymmv and only 5$ cheaper than walmart.

Just picked this game up on PC in the last Steam deal and beat it earlier today. It's fantastic, improved in every way from the first one. Only real problems I had with it were an awful finale and one level where it forgets what it is and tries to be something else.

I adored R6 during the original R6 days and, most notable, for Rogue Spear, but I couldn't get into all of the follow-ups. The Vegas series I likewise couldn't get into. Still, for $10 it's a pretty decent deal. I would give it a go if I knew I wasn't packed for...well...the rest of the year essentially.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some people just prefer a PHYSICAL copy of a game to some crap digital download. If their local Sears(FYI it's $13.97 at Sears) store has it, then who is harmed if they take a trek there to grab one?

If your vehicle gets that horrible of an amount of mileage on a gallon of gas, then I think you have other things to worry about other than getting a deal on a game, namely buying a better car that doesn't gulp down gas like crazy.[/QUOTE]

Digital download is not crap, its just another way of getting the game. I mean sure it doesnt make sense if it costs more, but steam and some other sites like GOG always have awesome deals, xbla deals are usually decent (though they havent had much up lately, and their games on demand are still overpriced).

[quote name='hellbringer333']its not that gas is expensive its the combination of going out of your way to save 3$. gas ~ car wear ~ your false worth of a videogame. all these things combined equal a disaster most of the time. ex...a game not being in stock or once you get the game you dont even play it. using the digital d excuse is only the case 5% of the time. 95% it is someone driving to a store 30 miles away for deal that is ymmv and only 5$ cheaper than walmart.[/QUOTE]
My closest set of stores(Sears, TRU, Kmart, Best Buy, Target) is about 2-3 miles from me, the next closest is about 15-16 miles. To get to both I have ample choices as far as expressways and interstate highways go. Save for if I go during rush hour in the afternoon I can be to either set of stores in 5-10 minutes for the closer ones and 15-20 for the further ones.

So it's really not that much of an imposition to me, but I can understand if some folks live in the middle of bumblefuck and only have backroads n shit to get to the stores on.

As for stuff being out of stock or deals being ymmv, it happens, but it's not the end of the world. It's not like someone held a gun to your head and said you MUST go look for this deal or that.

If you wanted to try and get the deal, then you know the risks with trying for it. You know it might sell out before you get there, you know it may not be a game you like once you play it. That's why you RESEARCH these games BEFORE buying them, so you don't waste the time/money going for them in the first place.;)
[quote name='media_wonder']Digital download is not crap, its just another way of getting the game. I mean sure it doesnt make sense if it costs more, but steam and some other sites like GOG always have awesome deals[/QUOTE]
Only reason I called it crap is because you don't OWN anything with the digital download version, whereas if you get bored with the disc version you can always trade it to Gamestop or sell it on CAG. I mean, sure, you could gameshare with 4 friends and it comes out to $2 a person for the digital version. But that's not something I would do and again, I prefer a physical copy.

To each their own though...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] I drive a more recent vehicle(2000 Buick) and I expend nowhere near the inflated amounts of gas people claim to waste on here.
[/QUOTE]

You drive a Buick?

I prefer to get this on PSN over buying it used because I don't like the idea of some else's hands all over my digital copies.

i heard the multiplayer was lousy, a lot of people said it was too easy to spawn camp and a few other nuisances that ruined the experience.

i have never played but always been interested, yet kinda bummed about the reviews and lack of trophy support.

Get it for the co-op and terrorist hunt (think that's the name). Multi sucks on PS3. Ubisoft probably never got around to fixing even the simplest problems. I played the hell out of RSV2, and 10 bucks is a good deal.

I may give this a try. I used to play the original Rainbow Six on MSN zone and clan ladders. I've never been a fan of download copies for the sole reason of buying and selling but when it's an old game like this that has passed any decent resale, I'm fine with it. I've actually been enjoying the crap of the 2 free welcome back games and not having to get off my ass and swap discs.

That's a good deal. I just bought a new copy of R6V2 for $12 yesterday @ GoHastings.

GoHastings have some games on sale if you didn't already know...

Growing up, I put in probably about 150 hours into Rogue Spear, but I somehow just don't have any interest in this game.

Where is the Sears deal for < $10 listed? I couldn't find it. I do have a Sears about 5 minutes from my house, and would be willing to go over there for a CAG deal like that, if only to save some space on my PS3 HDD.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']trohpies/[/QUOTE]
i dont think so, and that sucks but i had a blast with the game a few years back

Is the online still alive. I liked the online in the first one, but it was almost dead.
Edit: Apparently the online's pretty bad in this one, never mind.

Great game, easily worth $10. Hell, Terrorist-Hunt mode alone is easily worth $10. The co-op T-Hunt is still one of my favorites for online multiplayer.

This was my first 1000/1000 on the 360. Awesome Multiplayer, if its still active, which it will be thanks to this sale, go for it.

It's like SOCOM 4, the good version :)

the ps3 version of RSV2 is out of system .. there is one at my store i will go back and try to get it for like $2 when the nice worker is there

How is singleplayer? Don't care about trophies and I wont be playing multiplayer. I remember the old days of Rainbow Six. Those were some good times.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How is singleplayer? Don't care about trophies and I wont be playing multiplayer. I remember the old days of Rainbow Six. Those were some good times.[/QUOTE]

Single player isn't worth it unless you're playing co-op. It's not that much fun to go it alone.

I saw this last night on psn and was thinking man this is a must buy but after reading it don't have trophies that kind of turned me off on it. Still I guess I should not let that influence whether or not I purchase the game because for $10 hard to go wrong unless the single player part is really really crappy. I kind of want to pick up flower bundle for $10 although I could have gotten the game a year ago for $5 on psn sale. Basically it's like giving $6.50 for the game in this sale because the music and avatar is $3.50. I saw the E3 demo for journey on G4 and it is made by the same ones who done flower and that games looks to be a must buy for me. Flower seems to have gotten excellent reviews so I know I will get it I just don't know if I should wait for $5 sale again.

don't expect it to be on sale again any time soon. if you are a plus member it might be again someday...

maybe.

you cant live your life wondering if and when. if you ever have a chick over or have some mushrooms to take don't waste time buying flower and waiting for it to DL, i was already high and waiting for it to install was a pain in the ass.

Come on people, no one is a bigger CAG than me, I sell games more like stocks than software, but you should never pass up a good or better game for $10. If you can get a full retail version for just above rental price, it's a done deal. Get it and let's play this weekend.

[quote name='Double-J']Where is the Sears deal for < $10 listed? I couldn't find it. I do have a Sears about 5 minutes from my house, and would be willing to go over there for a CAG deal like that, if only to save some space on my PS3 HDD.[/QUOTE]
Check the Official Sears clearance thread. Last reported price was $13.97 and that was 2-3 or more months ago.

This game is not for everyone.
I like FPS style games and absolutely hated this game, forced myself to finish it.
It was equally as bad as R6V1...
I only played single player though...online co-op was just a race it seemed.

If you loooooooooooooove Call2Duties you will probably hate this game.

If you just like shooters you will probably enjoy this game. I bought it when it first came out. I played through the online coop again with randoms about a year ago and it was still fun. I enjoyed the campaign coop, terrorist hunts, and the MP portion of this game.

When this game first came out online multiplayer was a blast, if this being put on the PSN store brings any life back to MP i'll jump back on with it.

bread's done
Back