Best Buy - $100 Gift Card w/160GB PS3 Purchase

Youre going to get someones hopes up. Might want to put YMMV unless anyone can use that coupon?

Maybe Amazon will match if enough people want it?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Youre going to get someones hopes up. Might want to put YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I added a link to the coupon, does not appear to be a one time use only barcode.

[quote name='sdcranford']I added a link to the coupon, does not appear to be a one time use only barcode.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thanks edited my post. Pretty damn good deal if everyone can get in on it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah thanks edited my post. Pretty damn good deal if everyone can get in on it.[/QUOTE]

I was excited to get it posted, I never post deals 1st. Also added the dates it is good for as somebody else mentioned.

[quote name='DANNY2582']I may buy the 160gb blackops bundle, coupon says a 160 gb ps3 not specificly just the standalone system[/QUOTE]
Doesn't the coupon say SKU 1237212, which is the standard 160GB.

[quote name='BeLIKEcoon']Can ANYONE use this coupon? I really want to purchase a PS3, and this seems like a perfect deal.[/QUOTE]

My coupon I received is identical to the one posted by the OP, so yes, anyone can use it.

[quote name='sdcranford']...but I will submit the PM request to Amazon, hopefully it helps to get them to match it.[/QUOTE]

How do you submit a price match for the $100 gift card? I've done it before except the store link only has boxes for store name, city/state, price & date.

If enough people do it, Amazon will most likely match it.

[quote name='Goodfella2487']Motherfucker! I just bought a BB 160GB PS3 a week ago and only got a $50 GC...[/QUOTE]

same here, going to bring in the receipt and see if I can get another $50. Or just return the damned thing and repurchase, hopefully this is not the route I have to take.

Price drop must be eminent, at this point. I'm a shade upset that this came out today, because I have a bunch of BB credit. I just got the BlOps bundle last night from Target, with the $160GC, but I had to shell out cash.

[quote name='htown01']How do you submit a price match for the $100 gift card? I've done it before except the store link only has boxes for store name, city/state, price & date.

If enough people do it, Amazon will most likely match it.[/QUOTE]

its a coupon though, I actually think they wont.
doesnt hurt to try .

I don't think it's a price drop, could be that they are trying to clear these 160GB. I'm sure Sony is the one compensating these retailers. Price drop would have happened at E3 or later near the holiday's now (doubt it). Price drops usually don't happen near holiday's because they know consoles will, if it were to happen, would have at E3 or middle of the year.

Well hopefully someone will print this off and head tot he store and try it and post back with results, because if everyone can use it, would be nice to get a confirmation.

I just bought a PS3 a few days ago and immediately used the $50 gift card for a game, I wonder how they will return / exchange since I don't have the original gift card... I'm going in at 11am today so I'll let you know what the deal is for those in the same situation.

[quote name='Goodfella2487']Motherfucker! I just bought a BB 160GB PS3 a week ago and only got a $50 GC...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aznguyen316']same here, going to bring in the receipt and see if I can get another $50. Or just return the damned thing and repurchase, hopefully this is not the route I have to take.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I was going to do that either way and get BBY to "match" Target's $60 GC deal and issue me a new $10 one for the price difference. Now I'm gonna try for both deals. :D

[quote name='Nealocus123']I just bought a PS3 a few days ago and immediately used the $50 gift card for a game, I wonder how they will return / exchange since I don't have the original gift card... I'm going in at 11am today so I'll let you know what the deal is for those in the same situation.[/QUOTE]

I asked myself this same question and found the answer on BBY's website (original post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8554969#post8554969):

"Promotional Items and Bundles
As a benefit to our customers, Best Buy occasionally offers promotional items and savings with a purchase or enhanced savings on a bundle of items when they are purchased together.

When a promotional item is returned, the value of the promotional item is deducted from the refund amount. For instance, if you purchase a TV and get a $100 gift card or 50% off of a DVD player, the $100 value of the gift card or the total value of the DVD player would be subtracted from the refund."

So, basically, they will issue you a $250 refund/GC. I also immediately used my $50 on a couple games.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Well hopefully someone will print this off and head tot he store and try it and post back with results, because if everyone can use it, would be nice to get a confirmation.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the e-mail.. i used the .pdf from the SD thread and it worked... cashier didn't have to do anything funny it just prompted her to scan a $100 GC. messed up thing though is they still charge taxes on $300

It mentions the $100 GC on the receipt but it zeros out its value.

What if you do this. Buy a PS3 and get the $100 gift card, return the PS3, and use the $100 giftcard to buy another PS3 and get another $100 giftcard?

[quote name='GBAstar']I didn't get the e-mail.. i used the .pdf from the SD thread and it worked... cashier didn't have to do anything funny it just prompted her to scan a $100 GC. messed up thing though is they still charge taxes on $300

It mentions the $100 GC on the receipt but it zeros out its value.[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']What if you do this. Buy a PS3 and get the $100 gift card, return the PS3, and use the $100 giftcard to buy another PS3 and get another $100 giftcard?[/QUOTE]

What you are describing is return fraud. They less the value of the PS3 on the receipt anyway so you couldnt do it, you would get 199.99+ tax back and the 100 dollars on the card.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Well hopefully someone will print this off and head tot he store and try it and post back with results, because if everyone can use it, would be nice to get a confirmation.[/QUOTE]

It works perfectly fine. I just got back from the store. I used $90 in giftcards I had. Total came out to like $235. I'm still up $10 in giftcards.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']What if you do this. Buy a PS3 and get the $100 gift card, return the PS3, and use the $100 giftcard to buy another PS3 and get another $100 giftcard?[/QUOTE]

This question is posted every time there is some kind of promo like this. It never cease to amaze me at how people thinking this would work. The stores are not stupid people! And neither should you be!

Sweet. I was going to go and get the $60 gift card when purchasing this. But this is much better. Plus, I should renew my Reward Zone thing hahaha. it's been a few years

[quote name='DrNo888']This question is posted every time there is some kind of promo like this. It never cease to amaze me at how people thinking this would work. The stores are not stupid people! And neither should you be![/QUOTE]

I thought he was actually asking it in a non-fraudulent way that would've reduced his out of pocket (but I'm probably wrong).

Here's what I mean:

1 Buy system and get GC for 300
2. Use GC #1 to get system and GC #2 (200 out of pocket cost)
3. Return system 1 and GC #2 for 300 refund to credit card.

The above way would reduce your out of pocket by 100 while still giving best buy the system and a 100 GC back. This wouldn't work though because the GCards have unique numbers.

[quote name='bgame2']I thought he was actually asking it in a non-fraudulent way that would've reduced his out of pocket (but I'm probably wrong).

Here's what I mean:

1 Buy system and get GC for 300
2. Use GC #1 to get system and GC #2 (200 out of pocket cost)
3. Return system 1 and GC #2 for 300 refund to credit card.

The above way would reduce your out of pocket by 100 while still giving best buy the system and a 100 GC back. This wouldn't work though because the GCards have unique numbers.[/QUOTE]
I'm looking for a way to pay less out of pocket.

[quote name='donutkid2222']what if you do this. Buy a ps3 and get the $100 gift card, return the ps3, and use the $100 giftcard to buy another ps3 and get another $100 giftcard?[/quote]

u have to return $100 gc too,

I bought a PS3 from bestbuy two weeks ago and it came with a $60 giftcard would they price match their own offer if I came back with the receipt and coupon?

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I don't think it's a price drop, could be that they are trying to clear these 160GB. I'm sure Sony is the one compensating these retailers. Price drop would have happened at E3 or later near the holiday's now (doubt it). Price drops usually don't happen near holiday's because they know consoles will, if it were to happen, would have at E3 or middle of the year.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the last time Sony and MS had price drops on their systems was in August 09. Sony announced the slim model + price cut @ an Euro gaming convention called GamesCon and MS out of the blue announced a cut and the discontinuation of the Pro models in August 09 as well. They both of have issued price cuts every other year. Gamescon take place mid-August where I think Sony and MS will announce at least $50 price reductions on their systems.

Back to the topic. This is a good deal. I have a OG 60GB and I want to replace it before it gets too late. I'm gonna be mad @ myself if I buy this system and there is a price cut 2 months later like I figured. I may just have to wait til August or Black Friday to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
YAAAY!!! I never get to contribute that much but here we go.... I bought a Black Ops PS3 on Sunday and went down to the store about 2 hours ago and got the gift card. They returned and resold it to me, and the UPC scanned just fine on the Black OPs bundle, no manager was called over.... but heres my sneaky catch. I photoshopped off the SKU before I took it in, because I wanted to see if it scanned without them arguing to me that it wasn't the same sku and it worked. So if its programmed in the system that way, then the company is ok'ing the deal.

Not sure if you guys can count on a price drop here.

I bought mine with the same deal back in Dec. (or was it Jan?).... I dont remember now...at Walmart.

Prices have remained the same or worse deals (gift cards for only $50 etc.) IMHO.

Soooo...point is if you can get in on this, do it.

Then buy Uncharted 1 & 2, Demons Souls, Killzone 2 & 3, GOW3, Metal Gear Solid 4, and a bunch of others.

[quote name='zappa103']YAAAY!!! I never get to contribute that much but here we go.... I bought a Black Ops PS3 on Sunday and went down to the store about 2 hours ago and got the gift card. They returned and resold it to me, and the UPC scanned just fine on the Black OPs bundle, no manager was called over.... but heres my sneaky catch. I photoshopped off the SKU before I took it in, because I wanted to see if it scanned without them arguing to me that it wasn't the same sku and it worked. So if its programmed in the system that way, then the company is ok'ing the deal.[/QUOTE]
WHATT! so i print out this coupon than use to PS3 black ops bundle???

bread's done
Back