Non-Apple MP3 Player Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cruzfactor

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

I'm looking for one below $200. It's main use is for when I go to the gym or find myself walking instead of driving. I currently have a Sansa e260 and an iPod Nano (about three years old). I'm not a big fan of the iTunes interface and don't see myself getting a new Nano despite the recent changes. I'd continue using the e260, but my Windows 7 PC doesn't recognize it whenever I connect. The Fuze+ seemed like a good choice, but the customer reviews say otherwise. Also, many of the MP3 players with a touch screen go past $200. Any help?
"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#2 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

I am partial to my sansa fuze, I think I just have the standard one, been working for me without fail for over 4 years. I leave it in my car rain shine hot cold, and its fine! I think you can get a 4 gb for under 40 and a 8gb for 50 or maybe a little more but both are under 100$ In addition, works great on y win 7 and they have a sd slot for expandable memory.
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#3 humidore

humidore

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

Zune HD seems to fit your description pretty well. 16GB models are around $100 I think these days. It's very thin and light, touch screen, internet browser, photo/video, apps/games, good battery...no drag and drop though.

#4 RonnieWrecked

RonnieWrecked

i starred in a snuff film

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

i've got a zune hd and i love it. the software sucks though and i still use itunes to import music into my library [ but use the zune software to sync ].

that aside, the zune has a good battery, a great ui, hd radio, an OLED screen with gorilla glass [ scratch resistant ], and if you buy a zune pass you have access to their whole market place.

#5 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

I was going to mention the Creative Zen Vision: M. I've had my 32 gb model for about four years. It's not a touch screen though.

#6 parKer

parKer

CheapyT fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

I am partial to my sansa fuze, I think I just have the standard one, been working for me without fail for over 4 years. I leave it in my car rain shine hot cold, and its fine! I think you can get a 4 gb for under 40 and a 8gb for 50 or maybe a little more but both are under 100$ In addition, works great on y win 7 and they have a sd slot for expandable memory.

Same. I also have the first (no +) Fuze. No need to upgrade to the Fuze+ as mine is still going strong and I've read about the Fuze+'s touch panel acting wonky.

You can drag and drop with the Fuze, which is a big plus for me. I have a Zune 4GB and while it's tiny and the screen is awesome, I find myself using the Fuze more, especially while running, because it's so rugged. I alternate between the Fuze and 2nd Gen Shuffle for running. The expandable memory is great and you can delete songs/podcasts on the fly from within the Fuze - another plus for me.

Also, Fuze + Rockbox = yay.

Good luck!

26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: GTA V
:ps3: Saints Row 3
:ps3: PS+

#7 Matsumoto11756

Matsumoto11756

Need gaming time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

I also have a Zune HD and like it. The screen is really nice for watching cartoons/anime but sometimes the touch screen gets unresponsive and freaks out. I here it happens to other people and wish they would fix it with a firmware update.
Let's go Mets !!!!! Oh no WTF ???? Argggggg not AGAIN!!!

#8 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

I was going to mention the Creative Zen Vision: M. I've had my 32 gb model for about four years. It's not a touch screen though.

I recommend this as well. My battery won't charge anymore and I've been without an MP3 player for a couple of years now. I think the device interface is easy to use and its easy to access music, movies, and pictures. You can drag and drop in Windows Explorer. I've never found a good way to get the music files organized structurally though.