Fri 17 & Sat 18 @ Meijer: 20% off games & PSN, Nintendo, MS point cards

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Meijer Summer Bucks are here again! Summer Bucks give you $3 off an item priced $15 (well, $14.97) or more, $5 off ~$25, $10 off ~$50, and $20 off ~$100. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes any video games, but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I point this out because I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. (Meijer does charge tax on Nintendo points cards, but not on PSN and Microsoft points cards.) On top of that, they don’t restrict you to one coupon per trip, meaning download fans like me can stock up.

I always buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Note that cashier reactions vary. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Some will make you tear out the coupons, one per card if buying multiple, but most stores have stacks of the ad near the entrance, so it only costs you a little walking. Some just take a copy of the ad and scan the coupon code for each card, ringing them up on the same receipt without any complaint. I have bought several cards per trip during each of the last four or five promos and have never had a problem.

Supposedly you can use this promo online by entering code SUMMER. When I tried it, though, it refused to show the ad until I logged in. When I logged in, it accepted the code but refused to give me a discount on either the $50 PSN card or Kirby’s Epic Yarn.

not really worth it on Ds/wii points since you need to spend 100 bucks to get the 20% off

could get one card for 17 + tax but that is only like 10% off after tax even if that

and im sitting on around 6 2000 pt card with nothing to buy...

RUMOR IS dsiwere is going down to 1 game per week starting in oct once the 3ds shop takes over

If you sign up for an account at

https://www2.meijer.com/mperks/

you get an additional 2 dollars off your purchase. It's tied to your cell phone and when you check out the credit card swipe thing has a mperks button. You push that, enter your phone # and it deducts it automatically.

edit: You have to "clip" the $2 coupon though. Basically any coupons you "clip" that are valid on your order after entering your # get applied.

double edit: NVM I just seen where it says "not to be combined with any other meijer discount coupon" so probably won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back