Photo
- - - - -

***OOS Now***NEWEGG: heavy rain, GodofWar3, Uncharted 2 are $16.99 each, shipped

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#31 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Nice batch of greatest hits titles

#32 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hmm, I'm only interested in GoW3 out of these, but I'm not sure if I should wait a little while longer--I have yet to play the GoW Collection (which I found for ~$14 ;)), and I've heard that the third game is just more of the same. Can anyone recommend it at that price?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#33 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Thanks. Got Heavy Rain.

#34 ras752000

ras752000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

Thanks OP . . . picked up GOW3 and HR.

#35 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

There's a few others in there as well, inFamous(Lol), Warhawk, Motorstorm, etc.

here's a link sorted by price w/ free shipping ... hopefully it works

Edit: Doesn't seem to ... copy between the _ _s and paste?

_http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100008103%204808&IsNodeId=1&name=Free%20Shipping&Order=PRICE&Pagesize=50_

Edit: Edit: Yeah the copy paste works.

#36 viksmart

viksmart

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

^That's a link to a slew of BB curves sorted by $0 lol

In for GOW3 and Heavy Rain!!!!

Too bad I bought the UC3 GOTY edition for $19.99 on this past week :(

I love it but but I didn't think such a great game would drop below 20 lol

If you bought UC3 add me for online ... and trophy hunting!(state so in friend request)

Edited by viksmart, 17 June 2011 - 12:58 PM.

(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#37 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

sweet got all three for $40.97 with NEWCUSTOMER10, saw this on SD first actually but thanks anyway
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#38 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

Thanks.

#39 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

Thanks OP, great deal. Heavy Rain is amazing, especially since you completely control the story. Not to mention the fact there are a ton of different endings depending on what you do in the game.

#40 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

^That's a link to a slew of BB curves sorted lol

I tried babelfish on your post ... it didn't seem to work either. Lol. :lol: Sorry, I have no clue what you're talking about.

#41 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

I reported price to Amazon for Heavy Rain, thanks in advance for anybody who could do the same.

#42 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Picked up Heavy Rain. Thanks.

#43 Curlis

Curlis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

Nice post OP, you got me to pull out my wallet again...I have a problem.

Picked up God of War III.

I agree with the majority here, if you haven't played Heavy Rain yet it really is a must try at this price. It's the best PS3 game that I've played yet!
Now Playing - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Posted Image

#44 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Hmm, I'm only interested in GoW3 out of these, but I'm not sure if I should wait a little while longer--I have yet to play the GoW Collection (which I found for ~$14 ;)), and I've heard that the third game is just more of the same. Can anyone recommend it at that price?

God of War 3 is more God of War. It is one of the best looking games on PS3. Bar none. It is the game you pull out to show people what next gen gaming is like in 30 seconds or less. More God of War is not bad. More God of War is fantastic. The best deal you can EVER hope for on GoW 3 imo before the end of the PS3 as top end of Sony is $10 and I don't know that GoW 3 has ever hit that new. So you have to ask yourself if saving $6 maybe one day in some distant day as yet unknown is worth the delay. Unless you can see Sony selling it for $5? Somehow, I doubt it. You might find that deal used, though, so...

I'm thinking that hypothetical $6 (probably closer to $2 since $15 seems more likely, perhaps a 2 for 1 deal like they do during xmas) is not worth it to me. I've owned and sold it several times, always at a profit, but this one may be the one where I keep it. I keep games when the deals are so good I feel like I barely paid for them. $17 is pretty nice for a top-end, highly praised (if not as highly as its predecessors) God of War title. Of course, God of War Origins Collection is also upcoming to tempt you to buy it. (You know you want to and if you don't know you want to, trust the voices in your head. You want to.)

I already own Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain.

Btw, anyone doubting Heavy Rain because of the demo should play the full game. Honestly. OH! And get through the first "level" of the game before you give up on the game, go silent and tell no one how bad you think this universally praised game is. Because the first part of the game may seem intensely boring, but everything that follows emotionally requires a single boring non-action-filled non-leap of faith to build upon. I almost fell for the boring trap, but I pushed through and this is one of the few games that cut through the desensitized, emotional numbing that has become a hallmark of my generation and dug under my skin.

These are "real" choices. They're not choices between some vague good or evil, black or white, paragon or renegade, OR mean, nice, or joking. These are, "Do you want to eat crap fries with your crap sandwich or do you want to eat crap chips instead? What about sewage-stored pickles? And how about a cold, disgusting apple dessert we dare not call pie to go with that?" It's about making real choices in the face of emotionally trying moments and finding out how deep your morality really goes. What will or won't you do? Where is the line drawn for you?

At least, it was that way for me. I really loved the game, though. I hope they make more games like it.
Spoiler

#45 lonewolf1120

lonewolf1120

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

When I finish paypal checkout for Heavy Rain, it was sold out. :(

#46 Cinderellaman108

Cinderellaman108

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

Heavy Rain OOS

#47 viksmart

viksmart

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:13 PM

It's the best PS3 game that I've played yet!

Here at CAG every game is the "best" ps3 game for the right price lmao

@ hollowfreak I apologize for my weird phrasing. I simply wanted to say that your link(text) sent me to Newegg webpage full of Blackberry Curves sorted by "$0" rather than the deal.
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#48 Strizz

Strizz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Finally got UC2, great price, was going to take a flyer on HR, but OOS now

71446.png

#49 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

did anyone notice the description on newegg for god of war....?

KEY FEATURES

Ultimate Edition Includes:
God of War® III
The God of War® III game finds Kratos raining carnage and destruction upon the Gods who have betrayed him and the entire Ancient Greek world.
Carve through the massive army of Olympus while its Centaur Generals command waves of merciless undead soldiers.
Ascend Mount Olympus to reach revenge while navigating on the back of a creature who could crush the Statue of Liberty in the palm of its hand.
Use the creatures of Greek legend to cross chasms, reveal secrets, and destroy anything in its way.
Uncover new deadly weapons and brutal instruments of war that allow ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall to ground attacks.

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#50 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

Had been waiting on a Uncharted2 to drop below $20 for ages now, thanks for the heads up OP.

#51 wightlight

wightlight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

I succumbed to Heavy Rain, GOW3, and Uncharted 2. I already own Uncharted 2, but I figure I'll take the DLC out of it and give the game away or trade it in. Amazon is paying $15.00 - I wonder if they care if the DLC has been removed.

#52 mickleohb

mickleohb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

Well I guess I'll continue to not play Heavy Rain... Not sure if I should bite on GoW3 though. My backlog is pretty big

#53 pure skill

pure skill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

It had been awhile since I bought anything from Newegg. While I was trying to recover my password, Newegg took it upon themselves to remove Heavy Rain from my cart. Fortunately, I got Uncharted 2. Maybe HR will be cheaper down the road somewhere.

#54 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

Picked up God of War 3, thanks OP!
Posted Image

#55 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

did anyone notice the description on newegg for god of war....?

I wouldn't bank on getting anything but the standard greatest hits edition.

#56 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

picked up Uncharted 2 GOTY, even though i have the vanilla version.

I figure ill use the voucher to download the DLC, then just flip the game

#57 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Newegg canceled my UC2 order :(

#58 abert78160

abert78160

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

Picked up Uncharted 2, inFamous, and God of War 3 for $40.97 using NEWCUSTOMER10 promo code.

#59 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

Who ever just got a ps3 ( especially during that epic amazon gold box deal 2 days ago ) needs to jump on this I have uncharted 2, god of war 3 and used to own heavy rain ( sacrificed it cause I needed the money to put towards god of war 3 that year ) and these are some of the best games this gen !

#60 ARS2x

ARS2x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Finally picking up Heavy Rain. Can't wait! Great deal and cheapest price yet.