[DEAD] Toys R Us - 2 for $50 - COD BO / LA Noire / MK / Portal 2 / Brink / F3AR

• Please log in to reply
1397 replies to this topic

#871 RockoMan

RockoMan

South Florida Store Raider

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Can someone update me on what happened with TRU deal?

Why are my other options to pick up LA Noire and Portal 2

Apparently it's no longer two for $50. It is now buy 2 of the listed games and get a $50 gift card.

#872 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

It's funny. If the deal was $50 gift card from the start, people would be saying how awesome of a deal that is.

yup good point. this essentially makes a pair of FEAR 3 at $40 each after tax on release day which is still a great deal. I don't think we have much room to complain. ESPECIALLY having the benefit of east coast CAGs reporting the original deal is dead. Just stay home and save your gas or go out to TRU if you still want the deal or not. What's gonna be funny are all the hoarders on eBay that are stuck fulfilling their sold items lol. what's very interesting is that this deal was live for TWO full days. I don't think it was a misprint. They had Sunday to correct it. I'm guessing it was all the abuse. The warning signs were there what with the online offer being taken down yesterday. At the one Craigslist posting that another CAG pointed out in Culver City: "I will have FEAR2 on release day." No you're not lol.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#873 GuardianE

GuardianE

So it won't even ring up with the discount? Ugh, that sucks.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#874 lpburk2

lpburk2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

"harmed consumers can sue for recompense"

Lord knows with the massive amount of damages suffered by a plaintiff denied a $59.99 game, it makes sense for him/her to hire an attorney (hourly or on a contingency basis, you decide!), have them file suit in a trial level court, engage in hours of research for statutory/case law on point, and get what you deserve! Best of all, if you lose, you might be able to appeal, get your case published, and then allow all of us on CAG to see a copy of the opinion.

#875 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Well I have never really shopped TRU for games and I guess I won't be starting...unles there is a deal ;) Let's face it...as much as we are seething right now the CAG in all of us will be back at TRU the next time a deal can be had. I have tried to be loyal to some places but in the end the retailer who is going to charge me the least amount will get my business that week.

#876 Ruitakim

Ruitakim

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Can confirm in NJ that the deal is dead in store. At the register was the price mistake buy two get $50 gift card, and the games rang up full price. Printed out the ad though so they let me have them for $50+tax.

#877 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Lord knows with the massive amount of damages suffered by a plaintiff denied a $59.99 game, it makes sense for him/her to hire an attorney (hourly or on a contingency basis, you decide!), have them file suit in a trial level court, engage in hours of research for statutory/case law on point, and get what you deserve! Best of all, if you lose, you might be able to appeal, get your case published, and then allow all of us on CAG to see a copy of the opinion.

And what a moral victory it would be

#878 VVaffle

VVaffle

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

For anyone who had their Fear 3 copies on back-order or canceled but still wants the game rather cheap, you can still order from Amazon for $56.99 and get the comic, FSSS, and $20 credit. It's the next best deal unless you can get BB, WM, or Target to PM.

#879 eldergias

eldergias

I can be rational. Can you?

• CAGiversary!

Or, as a better alternative, you can go to small claims court, which does not require an attorney, you can have your case heard relatively quickly, you can represent yourself, TRU will most likely not show so you can get default judgment, and all the research you need is the promotion that shows the deal and some proof of them trying to rescind it (a picture of one of the signs in store saying it is now a $50 gift card would work).

No need to get angry buddy, if you don't care about getting the promotion that is fine, I do care about getting it. No one is trying to fight you, I am just giving people options. Where is the impetus for annoyance?

#880 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

For what it's worth, anybody trying to pick up any titles beyond FEAR 3 today wouldn't have been able to anyways. Tons of TRU's have been reported as totally cleaned out. TRU does not offer rain checks so what would it matter if this deal was dead anyways? If you didn't pick up your game by now, there wouldn't have been anything left for you in the first place. FEAR 3 is the only game you'd miss out on. I'm perplexed some people want to shit on TRU. If they haven't paid attention, TRU has offered great deals in the past and they will in the future. Quit crying.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#881 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

We should all stand outside TRU with signs that say "Toys-R-Us U Can't Trust"and scream "No games,No deal,No peace!!!"

#882 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

I had a meeting this morning that happened to be right by TRU so I decided to stop in and see if they still had any stock. Got there and they had LA Noire and Portal 2 for PS3 which were the ones I wanted. Signs all over the place still about 2 for $50 so I asked for them and they got them and rang them up.

Just as others are reporting (and I had not read until just now) it rang up as full price with the $50 gift card. I was like, no I want the 2 for $50 like the sign says. Manager came over and changed it no problem. However, she told the girl to check out the sale so I am guessing I am the last to get in under the wire at that store.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#883 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Is anyone still having luck getting BB to PM this deal in-store now that the sale has been changed to a gift card?

#884 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

ok so the deal is dead in stores, the registers are ringing them at full price and they give you a $50gc

if you bring the printed ad, its very possible they will honor the original deal tho

#885 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just letting people know...Was at TRU at opening, got to the game section to get FEAR3, picked up 2. They had signs all over for the deal. When I asked the lady to snag the games from the case, she ripped the signs under FEAR down.

I asked if the 2for50 was still going and she seemed miffed. She started ringing them through, and called over a manager to tell her that it was ringing through as 2for 50GC, and she didnt get a chance to take the signs down before I asked for them.

So, I got my copies (one for myself, one for my brother) for $50, right as the cut off was happening.

Good luck to those trying to get TRU to go through with the original promo, or PMing at other stores.

#886 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Can confirm in NJ that the deal is dead in store. At the register was the price mistake buy two get $50 gift card, and the games rang up full price. Printed out the ad though so they let me have them for $50+tax.

What store?

#887 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

RAAAAAGE

BB was gonna PM the deal, he called the TRU, and they said the deal wasnt valid anymore <_<. He refused to call another store (Which still had the deal valid).

Might try another BB later, otherwise meh.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#888 artiearens

artiearens

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Its insane how many sellers on Ebay have sold/are selling more than 10 copies of these on their accounts. Not going to be a good day for them :)

#889 lpburk2

lpburk2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Or, as a better alternative, you can go to small claims court, which does not require an attorney, you can have your case heard relatively quickly, you can represent yourself, TRU will most likely not show so you can get default judgment, and all the research you need is the promotion that shows the deal and some proof of them trying to rescind it (a picture of one of the signs in store saying it is now a $50 gift card would work).

No need to get angry buddy, if you don't care about getting the promotion that is fine, I do care about getting it. No one is trying to fight you, I am just giving people options. Where is the impetus for annoyance?

Not annoyed with you, since you at least seem to have some legal training (though you should be aware filing a claim in small claims court will probably cost over $50.00, and even if you win, you may have to file ANOTHER claim to enforce the judgement, running up even more expenses), just amused by the way people seem to make up laws on the spot on the internet.

#890 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Crazy...I went last night to the one in Bloomindale, IL and saw that there was one more L.A. Noire, but I wanted to wait till today to get Fear 3...I ended up just picking up L.A. & Portal 2, which the cashier told me to bring back today and return for Fear so I could still get the deal...

Wonder if they'll still let me exchange it?

#891 eldergias

eldergias

I can be rational. Can you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Not annoyed with you, since you at least seem to have some legal training (though you should be aware filing a claim in small claims court will probably cost over $50.00, and even if you win, you may have to file ANOTHER claim to enforce the judgement, running up even more expenses), just amused by the way people seem to make up laws on the spot on the internet.

True enough, but you can recoup those costs if you win, which you would since all the proof and law is on your side.

Anyway, this is all moot since it would never come to this. Going into the store with the ad and applicable laws in hand, while sticking up for your self, any manager with their head on straight will give you the deal.

#892 VA703

VA703

For anyone who had their Fear 3 copies on back-order or canceled but still wants the game rather cheap, you can still order from Amazon for $56.99 and get the comic, FSSS, and $20 credit. It's the next best deal unless you can get BB, WM, or Target to PM.

LMFAO thanks for the help but I don't think anyone was planning on buying Fear 3 until they saw this deal.

#893 Ruitakim

Ruitakim

What store?

Lawrenceville

#894 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

I'm just curious to know which 2 games you guys will get after you take them to court.

#895 gamecube ichiban

gamecube ichiban

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

LMFAO thanks for the help but I don't think anyone was planning on buying Fear 3 until they saw this deal.

speak for yourself.
I was always getting F3AR right away, even if it meant spending 60$ on it.
We're not all misers here

#896 MrSmiley1

MrSmiley1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone have a PDF of the original sale ad? I want to see if I can still get the deal in my area.

#897 vballboy51

vballboy51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

just went and the deal is dead. I got REALLY lucky and got there before they knew the deal changed and they "Fixed" it so i got F3AR and Brink for 50, but they were pulling the signs as i left. my hint to all you left coasters would be get there right as it opens and hope the signs are still up. by law they'd have to give it to you, but i'm betting that this doesn't even make it to that coast.

thanks CAG for pointing out the great initial deal!

#898 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

If Toys R Us was really smart, they could restrict this deal to their loyalty program and allow that to limit one per account.

Then again, people would make hundreds of fake names/addresses to horde on this deal.

#899 D Q W

D Q W

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

just went and the deal is dead. I got REALLY lucky and got there before they knew the deal changed and they "Fixed" it so i got F3AR and Brink for 50, but they were pulling the signs as i left. my hint to all you left coasters would be get there right as it opens and hope the signs are still up. by law they'd have to give it to you, but i'm betting that this doesn't even make it to that coast.

thanks CAG for pointing out the great initial deal!

The deal is not dead, I did not see this until late on sunday and went Monday morning to Toy's R US and asked the guy in the games section he said they sold out the minute the doors opened but that they get in a new stock of games every day at 1pm but they never know what will be in the shipment. Any way I called at 1pm and they had some in and held them for me to go pick up

#900 vballboy51

vballboy51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

The deal is not dead, I did not see this until late on sunday and went Monday morning to Toy's R US and asked the guy in the games section he said they sold out the minute the doors opened but that they get in a new stock of games every day at 1pm but they never know what will be in the shipment. Any way I called at 1pm and they had some in and held them for me to go pick up

it changed this morning. yesterday it was perfectly valid. now all their registers have changed and it is no longer ringing up the 2/50 promotion. now its a $50 gc after buying 2. i'm not disagreeing that it was valid yesterday, it clearly wasn't, i'm saying going forward, from 10am today, it is no longer valid. check the webpage - the promo isn't there anymore