Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/19/11 to 6/25/11)

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#271 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

Wow, just got that email also, going to wait until tuesday and get F3AR and L.A. Noire for $50 would be sweet. Must be the really low video sales reports that just came out last week.

Sorry if this has been asked before ... but anyone confirmed this is in-store too? Didn't see this in the weekly ad.

#272 oasis007

oasis007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

Ann Arbor, MI Target isn't selling Zelda until Tuesday. Fail

#273 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

So just like Best Buy Target isn't offering their promotion if you buy TWO copies of Zelda?

Bummer.... looks like Kmart

#274 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before ... but anyone confirmed this is in-store too? Didn't see this in the weekly ad.

It's in store as well.
Posted Image

#275 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

It's in store as well.

Thanks ... just saw that confirmed in the other thread as well.

#276 link182

link182

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

is there a way to use the 20 dollar off coupon on their online store. for dragon age 2

#277 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Was manager override needed?

Nope

#278 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

My friend and I were the only ones who showed up to get Zelda. The reps didn't know about it until they went in back to retrieve it. Ended up getting SSFIV.

Would it be possible to return SSFIV next week to get Mercenaries?

666277.png

#279 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

is there a way to use the 20 dollar off coupon on their online store. for dragon age 2

In-store only.

I'm the only one waiting outside for my local BB to open...Zelda, what do you do to me?!

#280 drStaton

drStaton

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

I was totally ready to pick up la noire at best buy today but the new toys r us deal is sounding way better now.

#281 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

So will they just give me the $5 for the price difference on DA2. I got it when it was $39.99 + $20 Coupon. They have the coupon now so I cannot just return the game.

I am wondering the same thing.

#282 Chazdor

Chazdor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Would anybody know if Amazon would match the 25 dollar Gift card/Credit on a 3DS purchase? It's very hard to get to Target from where I live they got the road so torn to Hell right now from construction that you'd have to be boarderline suicidal to drive on it and I just don't think a 25 dollar gift card is worth it :p

#283 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

Anyone tried using the 10% off coupon with the Zelda deal?

I tried using it, it was a no go. After contemplating the deals I was going to go with TRU to get Zelda and Monkey Ball but I went ahead with BB since I'm sure Monkey Ball will be $20 or less soon enough and I could use the Gift Card for the Blu-Ray movies I intended to buy there on Tuesday.

#284 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

I was totally ready to pick up la noire at best buy today but the new toys r us deal is sounding way better now.

Pricematch it, my good sir. Get RZ points and a great deal.

#285 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

I just got a CAG PriceWatcher notification that Shift 2: Unleashed is going for $34.99. I don't know if its online only or something, but OP may want to add it if it was one of those games thats in the ad, just not pictured.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#286 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

Best Buy price matched!

Zelda + Blazblue = $65 + free $25 GC.

Price match LA Noire and Mortal Kombat for $50 - $25 GC I just got from Zelda.

Then used the @GAMER coupon to get Dragon Age 2 for $15.

VERY PLEASED!

THANKS, OP! Good luck to anyone else trying to snag these deals.

Posted Image

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#287 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

I think someone asked this, but I'm not sure if it was answered. If I return/exchange the other game in the Zelda deal, will I have to pay a difference for Resident Evil next week? If so, is it half the gift card? Thanks.

#288 JayFx2

JayFx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

Is it okay to use the gamer coupons printed from a computer? or do I actually need to buy the magazine in order to get $20 off.

#289 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

All you can do is try, but I doubt that they will give you $25 credit. Most places will match prices, not deals, and technically the 3DS plus a $25 gift card is a deal, not a sale price.

I wonder though if Target is giving $25 gift cards if you order online?

Picked mine up today and used the $25 card to get OoT for $18. Didn't really care to get another game right now no matter how the guy tried to push the 50% off on me.
Friend Code: 0731-4859-4967
Posted Image

#290 dtlions92

dtlions92

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

Is it okay to use the gamer coupons printed from a computer? or do I actually need to buy the magazine in order to get $20 off.

You need to buy the magazine unless you get lucky and get a cashier who will scan a printed copy anyway

#291 JayFx2

JayFx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

You need to buy the magazine unless you get lucky and get a cashier who will scan a printed copy anyway

okay, thanks. Another thing i notice from the mag coupon is that it says not valid on sale games and Shift 2 is on sale. Did they change there policy about that or is it still the same?

#292 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Im glad i stopped at BB right at 11. Zelda was moving quick and i grabbed the last copy of BlazBlue. To bad i couldn't use the 10% off coupon. Still wonder why they bother giving these things out anymore since they are useless.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#293 wilwrk4games

wilwrk4games

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

in case anyone cares shift 2 is 14.99 w/ gamer coupon.. picked one up a bit ago . no hassle

#294 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

Anyone try price matching Target's Zelda deal?

Zelda $40 + 2nd DS game for 50% off and also get the $25 BB gift card?

#295 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Picked up the last Zelda at St. Johns Towncenter (Jax, FL) around ~2pm. Paired it with Pilotwings since I already own every other 3DS game of note and didn't feel Ridge Racer, Dream Trigger, or Cubic Ninja were worth picking up at the price (I'll wait till they hit <$20 w/o having to be part of a BOGO sale.)

FYI, for those not following the soundtrack thread: Nintendo seems to be aware of the situation where people don't get the post-registration-survey pop-up to order the free CD.
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#296 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

Buying two Zeldas didn't ring up BOGO 50% off here either. Had to get a manager to do it.

If you have any trouble, tell them to read their ad. It specifically states "Valid on all 3DS titles in store".

I really tried explaining to the manager that the ad in the flier AND the signs on the game specifically say buy Zelda and get 50% off ANY 3ds game but she kept trying to talk to me like I was stupid. I went to the store with my cousin to pick up two copies of Zelda but didn't want to deal with her anymore so we both got them to ring up Zelda and Street Fighter 4 separately for us and then IMMEDIATELY went straight to the customer service center to return SF4 and get our $30 back. I should have returned to the electronics department and thanked the manager for making me waste my time doing that. I've worked in retail so I know how things work, she should have just given me the two Zeldas for $60 because that's exactly what they ended up getting from us anyway. All they did was piss me off in the process.

#297 arcadecup

arcadecup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

I also had problems this morning..
First, the lady called her superior up on the horn because the registers were not reflecting 50% off when I purchased 2 Zelda's at target.

The lady said well it does not offer 50% off there is no Zelda in our add for this week. I couldn't believe it, I pointed it out to her and the lady on the horn said well he must have last week's add. Ok, sure right I have last week's add for a game that was released today. Then all of a sudden she says, ok well he can't buy x2 Zelda's.. this I when I started to get pissed and asked why they are making it so difficult. It clearly states 50% off "ANY" Nintendo 3ds game with the purchase of Zelda 3d. it even reinforces the statement on the bottom of that add saying "applies towards "any" 3ds game.. so they are talking to me like I'm stupid and just ring it up 50% off and don't even admit they were wrong for basically demanding lip service from be before they would honor the 50% off.. ended up walking out the store with x2 Zelda's for $63 and change.. great deal, bad customer service on targets part.

#298 Javansdaddy

Javansdaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

$5 was my price-point for F:NV, thanks to the sale & $15 in RZ certs... I know it will probably be GOTY-eligible next year, but I'm still going through Fallout 3's GOTY I got from the GoHastings sale earlier this year...

Might even pay for some of the DLC before then, who knows?
I weighed more than Jared from Subway
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

#299 Azail

Azail

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Target (otherwise known as Tar-jay) has Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare on a temporary $10 discount bringing the cost to $19.99. It is unadvertised, but thought some people might like to know about it.

#300 dtlions92

dtlions92

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

okay, thanks. Another thing i notice from the mag coupon is that it says not valid on sale games and Shift 2 is on sale. Did they change there policy about that or is it still the same?

They recently changed the policy. I used my coupon for DA2 without a problem, but if your cashier gives you trouble ask for a manager, its a new storewide policy that the coupons stack