Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/19/11 to 6/25/11)

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#31 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:54 AM

That's why I try to buy the games on the sat. they release but it doesn't matter b/c RZ silver is 45 days so I'll be pm'ing Brink & LA Noire to get my $25 back. Also, in for dungeon Siege

Would have waited, but i wanted that free DLC. And im glad i DIDNT wait, seeing as that L.A Noire DLC El Hoardo lives in my area.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:01 AM

Would have waited, but i wanted that free DLC. And im glad i DIDNT wait, seeing as that L.A Noire DLC El Hoardo lives in my area.

forgot about the midnight launch, will you be doing the BB deal with the 5 games get $100 RZ? This is a good way to bump yourself up to RZ silver & get the 45 day return/pm window which will pay dividends on the back end.

#33 MrOogieBoogie

MrOogieBoogie

The Once and Future Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

I've never pm'd a price drop in the 30 day (or 45, I'm silver too) window before. Who do I talk to about doing that? Is it easy to take care of, or are they going to look at me like I pissed in their corn flakes?

ebvp.jpg

#34 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

forgot about the midnight launch, will you be doing the BB deal with the 5 games get $100 RZ? This is a good way to bump yourself up to RZ silver & get the 45 day return/pm window which will pay dividends on the back end.

Doubt it, most of the games on the list i was interested in im planning to buy the Collectors/Limited Editions of. And i REALLY dont trust Best Buy with that sort of thing. (They screwed me out of LittleBigPlanet 2 AND Marvel Vs Capcom 3)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

I don't think your plan will work since these prices don't start until another week :)

spaced out for a sec and jumped the gun on the date :P
ill try the PM next week.

#36 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:21 AM

I love how Best Buy drops the price of LA Noire RIGHT after the 30 day return period <_<

Buy it again return the first copy price adjust second copy or wait and don't buy day 1 games.

#37 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:21 AM

I've never pm'd a price drop in the 30 day (or 45, I'm silver too) window before. Who do I talk to about doing that? Is it easy to take care of, or are they going to look at me like I pissed in their corn flakes?

ive done it before, its easy. just go to CS desk with your receipt and the ad and tell them you want to PM the price drop. mention your a silver member so youre still within the return period of 45 days.

#38 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:27 AM

Buy it again return the first copy price adjust second copy or wait and don't buy day 1 games.

Wont work if you got a gift card. Either way, i'd barely lose out on 5$ (Wouldnt even count that seeing as i got the DLC free, and traded it in for 45$)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:38 AM

So, if I paid $60 for L.A. Noire and then got the $20 GC the week after release (PMed some other store's deal), am I able to PM the $40 price? I'm RZ silver, so the price match window isn't a concern. Or is the $20 in GC going to mean they'll view it as me having paid $40 for it?

#40 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:58 AM

glad i traded la noire for 45 and mortal kombat for 40. just gotta wait a bit for the prices to drop more and i will pick them back up ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#41 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:08 AM

So, if I paid $60 for L.A. Noire and then got the $20 GC the week after release (PMed some other store's deal), am I able to PM the $40 price? I'm RZ silver, so the price match window isn't a concern. Or is the $20 in GC going to mean they'll view it as me having paid $40 for it?

I highly doubt they let you escape with both, although technically it is different promotions. I did the same thing, bought at 39.99 so now it'd be 19.99 but there's no way I'm fighting that battle :lol:

I traded it in on Amazon for $37 so i'm not stressing over it 8-)

#42 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:38 AM

wow $25 GC with 2 3DS purchases. I've been wanting Zelda and DoA: Dimensions so I think I may forgo my Kmart purchase for a Best Buy purchase =).

SteamWidget.PNG

#43 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:28 AM

L.A. Noire dropped pretty quick..no complaints here!

#44 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

Not a bad price so soon after for L.A. Noire. Still disappointed I missed out on the kmart deal for it, but you win some you lose some. Wish I could have made it/had time to make it to Kmart for God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 last week. Seen Uncharted 2 at $20 now twice, so I'm sure it will crop again at some point, especially for such a popular title, probably the same for God of War 3. There might be a B2G1 or something to boot. Aww, rationalizing on missing out on a wanted deal.

#45 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

what's a good game to get with zelda.
I already have SSF4 and Ghost Recon.

Another Zelda Game............its the only good title besides street fighter on the system

#46 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

Another Zelda Game............its the only good title besides street fighter on the system

Dead or Alive just came out, and it's pretty damn decent.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#47 dboy81

dboy81

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Damn.. sucks for us non-silver members who bought it at launch and won't be able to get the 20$ back.. figures Best Buy would pull this s***

Simple solution- don't buy it at launch. Best Buy is pulling s***? Like what? Selling an item at MSRP? Trying to make money by doing so? What crooks they are!

I buy Madden at launch knowing I want to play it right away and also knowing I will be able to find it for $20 sometime later. I have no regrets when I do this.

L.A. Noire is a great game, worth it at full price, even better at a reduced price. Liking the price on TW12.

#48 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Hardly seems like a bad deal for anyone who preordered or is buying now.

If you preordered you got a $15 GC, pts towards your reward zone account, the detective outfit, and was able to play at launch. It's about the same as them dropping the price to $54.99 after 30 days. Ppl wouldn't make such a fuss.

LA Noirse is a great game, plus it's a nice break from the GTA series. Well worth $39.99 or $59.99 (w/$15 GC).

#49 KPunk

KPunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hello, LA Noire. Looks like I'll finally be able to unload the $20 BB gift card that's been collecting dust.

Same...I've been waiting for it to hit $39.99. Perfect timing :)

#50 ManchildofPV

ManchildofPV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Makes me glad i traded my LA Noire in too. (And i was able to Platinum it :D). Though, i wouldnt mind being able to get 20$ back too xD.

As far as the other sales, meh. Zelda would be good, but i want to get it at Gamestop so i have a chance at one of those Soundtracks. Might look into Brink or Dungeon Siege though

the soundtrack is registaring at club nintendo dont need to buy at gamestop plus it most likely be up and online soon

#51 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

You only get to PM once. So you going for th GC means you can't now.

This deal gets so much better now: DLC Case, DLC Suit, $10 worth of reward zone points, $15 GC, and now $39 since I'm silver! Fuck yes

#52 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Mind posting the movie deals in the DVD & Blu-ray forum?

#53 joeshmoe

joeshmoe

Follow your nose!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

I may bite for that L.A. Noire deal.

#54 AaronStC

AaronStC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

Almost Bought LA Noire today on Buy.com for $50. Glad I saw this. I'll get it from Best Buy next week unless Amazon matches.

#55 srac84

srac84

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

wait what? your telling me we can buy the zelda game for the 3ds and get a 25 dollar gift card and pick any other 3ds game worth 39.99 for free?..if not thats what your post sounds like :p thanks for the post tho!

#56 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

LA Noire! Sweet! Can't wait, have been dying to pick it up but unwilling to pay MSRP...

#57 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

wait what? your telling me we can buy the zelda game for the 3ds and get a 25 dollar gift card and pick any other 3ds game worth 39.99 for free?..if not thats what your post sounds like :p thanks for the post tho!

It doesn't sound like that in the OP.

$39.99 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Get a $25 gift card with the purchase of Zelda and another $39.99 3DS game

#58 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Mind posting the movie deals in the DVD & Blu-ray forum?

Sure. Will probably be Tuesday though, when I go back to work. :)

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#59 srac84

srac84

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

oh ok so buy 2 3ds games zelda and another 39.99 priced game and get a 25 dollar best buy gift card that makes more sense thanks!

#60 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

oh ok so buy 2 3ds games zelda and another 39.99 priced game and get a 25 dollar best buy gift card that makes more sense thanks!

It wasnt posted like that yesterday. I'm sure I read that if you purchase Zelda that you get another $39.99 3DS game for $25 off