PLATFORMANCE: Temple Death Available Now for 80 MSP

sp8001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Sequel to the indie hit, PLATFORMANCE: Castle Pain, PLATFORMANCE: Temple Death was released today on XBLIG for $1 (80 MSP).

I am going to download it right now... I will update OP with my first impression soon. I wonder if there is more than one map this time around :D

Any of you CAGs out there been looking forward to this sequel? I would love to hear what you guys think as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLbNAkJpFWE

First Impressions:

If you liked the first game, you are in for a treat. This one is just as if not more fun than the original. It only has one map, but there are 3 difficulty levels that alter the map in devastating ways... I only played about 30 mins and I posted up scores to all 3 leaderboards. I started out on Normal to learn the map a little bit. Normal is still pretty tough. The ghost moves extremely slow though so the average gamer should be able to complete it. Next I went to Hardcore... This mode adds plenty of new traps and makes it quite a bit more difficult. The ghost moves faster as well. I was able to complete it on my first try though, so not impossible by any stretch of the imagination. Next up is "Insane"... and they weren't joking. I barely made it out of the starting gate on this mode. I got to the point where you spawn the ghost and about 20 seconds later he had captured me...

Here are my scores on my first playthru:

Normal: 90+ deaths, roughly 15 mins, END
Hardcore: 80+ deaths, roughly 12 mins, END
Insane: 20 something deaths, roughly 2 mins, Died right after the ghost spawned.

At the time of posting I am 7th on the Hardcore leaderboards. Insane leaderboards are another story... while I'm not in dead last, second to last doesn't feel too good either, lol.

Easily worth the price of admission... Give it a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The video makes it look like there's only one map. It looks painfully difficult. I didn't play the original, and I'm not sure I'm up for it after watching that. I suppose for a buck I might give it a shot anyway, though. I look forward to your impressions.

That's correct, there's only 1 map. The original took about 15 minutes or so to complete, so this looks to be along the same vein. For a buck it's fun but short.

[quote name='bsmiff']Reminds me of Aban Hawkins[/QUOTE]

It looks similar to Hawkins, but it's not NEARLY as difficult. I loved the first and can't wait to play this one.

[quote name='Rooster752']It looks similar to Hawkins, but it's not NEARLY as difficult. I loved the first and can't wait to play this one.[/QUOTE]

I have to give Insane mode a little more time before I can comment on it compared to Aban in terms of difficulty... but at first glance it was a hell of a lot faster that anything I remember in Aban.

How do you get past the light beam?? It appears you have to position the spinny thing so the light beam shines on something, but what do you do then?

I tried going left, I died. I tried jumping past the lightbeam, I died.

[quote name='wakawakawa']How do you get past the light beam?? It appears you have to position the spinny thing so the light beam shines on something, but what do you do then?

I tried going left, I died. I tried jumping past the lightbeam, I died.[/QUOTE]

From what I can remember, you break the rock to the right with the light beam which allows you to advance. You have to deactivate the beam (after breaking the rock) before you can pass by though...

I enjoyed the first one, I D/L the demo on this one with the thought that I would pass on the full game since it looked a bit too similar to the Castle level.

Then I thought about the fact that if I support this guy with my dollar it might inspire him to make new & improved levels/games in the future. That sounds like a worthy investment alone.

[quote name='Kerig']I enjoyed the first one, I D/L the demo on this one with the thought that I would pass on the full game since it looked a bit too similar to the Castle level.

Then I thought about the fact that if I support this guy with my dollar it might inspire him to make new & improved levels/games in the future. That sounds like a worthy investment alone.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.

bread's done
Back