CAGcast #244: DisKinected

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

Loads of games on tap this week: Kinect + Child of Eden, Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Duke Nukem, Transformers, Virtua Tennis 4, Red Faction and more! Get your questions or topics answered via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 88 minutes, 53MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN
Free private registration with any domain registration/transfer = CAGFREE

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 22 June 2011 - 08:06 AM.

#2 NDarkness

NDarkness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:10 AM

Guessing the Kinect is gonna collect dust for CheapyD.

#3 letsgetacid

letsgetacid

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

Game talk? Ewwww

#4 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

This should be interesting.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#5 nakedninja

nakedninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:07 AM

teenage mutant ninja turds

#6 ChristHBK

ChristHBK

IXA Judgement, Rise Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

DUDE.... I got a mention... SWEET!

And yeah my friend is feeling much better, I'll pass along your well wishes...

Yes he wasn't at the party, he was at work... come on, Wombat, I would have detailed it out very carefully (with pictures!) if he had gotten carried out from the party...

And yeah, maybe I should ditch my friends, no distraction for more games... :lol:
Posted Image

#7 dragon-x

dragon-x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hell, I'm still contemplating if I should get a Kinect :|

#8 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Good luck and best wishes for you tomorrow ship!

numb numb numb Cheapy!

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#9 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Who's watching the transformers movies? This guy. Mainly because my 2 kids love it. They are 10 and 8. I don't find it extremly enjoyable but I find that I seem to torture myself hoping that the next one will get better then the last.

The Kinect is the biggest lump of electronic crap I've bought and never play with since the Sega Gamegear.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#10 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

I love to tussel...

Shippy, show that cancer who's the boss!

Edited by LiK, 22 June 2011 - 04:44 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#11 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

I doubt the Wii U will be less than $300. Probably closer to $400. They'll probably look at the launch prices of the PS3 and 360 for their pricing strategy. And am I the only one worried about that system? No DVD = no backward compatibility. And there probably won't even be a way to transfer your virtual console games.

We don't need another console, but Apple could bring something great to the TV-gaming table. I've said it before, but I was quite dismayed when Playstation entered the phone market, which probably eliminated the chance of Sony teaming up with Apple to make a solid online interface for the PS3. That team-up could have been spectacular.

#12 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

clip show please
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 IceHogs27

IceHogs27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

There has been a Gamefly box before, it is called G-Box. There was one at my college for a year but they removed it because college kids would not pay 2 dollars a day to rent games.

http://technologizer...ys-g-box-kiosk/

#14 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

I had to laugh when Cheapy got offended by Wombat saying there aren't any iOS games he was (seriously) interested in, not 30 minutes after Cheapy browbeat him for considering an Android phone.

"The people who hate the iphone are the people who don't have one"

:rofl:

#15 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

I doubt the Wii U will be less than $300. Probably closer to $400. They'll probably look at the launch prices of the PS3 and 360 for their pricing strategy. And am I the only one worried about that system? No DVD = no backward compatibility. And there probably won't even be a way to transfer your virtual console games.

99% sure they already announced compatibility with Wii titles but not Gamecube.

And why should we assume that there won't be a transfer utility? In their most recent console release, there WAS one. We just won't know for sure either way until they say, so it's pointless to take guesses about it.

#16 j-fever

j-fever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

Hey guys.

I played the new Cars 2 game at E3 on Both PS3 and Wii. I found it to be most comparable to Mario cart with a bit more characterization. I enjoyed it and I am sure my kids will too. Being a CAG I will wait for a price drop, and getting it on PS3.

Overall for me there were very few remarkable game demos at E3, the deluge of FPS war simulation was numbing, so Disney Universe and Cars where not bad at all.

PS: I am bracing myself for the endless year of Cars 2 marketing. Seeing all the various products in stores already makes me think that the marketing campaign for this will be relentless deluge, not to mention the Disney "Planes" direct to video coming up, I expect, 'Trains" and " Boats" to follow up!
Last-Gen Kinda Rare Game Topic, way out of date...
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=53810

Game TL

http://www.cheapassg...356#post7455356

#17 rogXue

rogXue

Bringer of Death

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

@ship The MK pass does NOT include the previously released classic skins. only the ones that come with the new fighters. it's at the bottom of the dashboard ad

#18 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

Guess Cheapy's hate for Kinect is justified...lulz. Try and beat my score bro!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#19 drkshr

drkshr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

I liked that ending song! Who does that?

#20 VaultDweller13

VaultDweller13

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Cheapy says whoever hates the iPhone doesn't have one, but I used one for years before I got tired of it and replaced it. I honestly didn't care about any of the games on it so I agree with Wombat's sentiment that there is nothing worth playing on it. Just because the iPhone has a library of "thousands of games" doesn't mean much when most of those games are clones of each other, and junky to begin with.
Posted Image

#21 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

I had to laugh when Cheapy got offended by Wombat saying there aren't any iOS games he was (seriously) interested in, not 30 minutes after Cheapy browbeat him for considering an Android phone.

"The people who hate the iphone are the people who don't have one"

:rofl:

That's not quite accurate. Cheapy was making fun of Wombat for his faux interest in the Xperia phone (which I know is technically an andriod). So keep your pants on, he wasn't dissing the whole OS.

#22 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

Everybody knows Transformers 2 was horrible.

Transformers 3 is supposed to be surprisingly good though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#23 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

My question is what is the worst movie series to ever go trilogy (not including Ep 1-3 of Star Wars)?

#24 atreyue

atreyue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

I'm just glad someone finally mentioned what a huge apple fanboy Cheapy is. I've never bought an iPhone because I bought my wife an iPod and it was terrible. iTunes is some of the worst software I've ever used. I idea that people would actually want to play iOS games on a tv when they could be playing console games is just a joke.

And it's not a shocker to anyone that Cheapy didn't like the kinect, either. "If you have to stand up, you're not getting the full viewing or audio experience"? Seriously? Maybe if your tv and speakewrs are on the floor (but maybe it's different for someone who's 6'4"). I've never had any problems with the mic unless I've had the volume turned up really high on my sound system and it sounds like the other guys haven't either. I was really excited about the new dashboard announcements for kinect voice integration and I think they were actually MS's focal point during their E3 press conference. I've always wanted to comment on a CAGcast since I've been listening for years, it sucks that my first one has to be negative.

On a positive note (for the CAGcast, at least), the Joystiq show is truly terrible for me. I only started listening after you guys had Justin on as a guest and quickly found that Chris Grant is a really arrogant tool. He was by far my least favorite thing about it. So I wouldn't be surprised if you do see an influx of subscribers after a couple of episodes.

#25 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Hey, Ship! I thought you'd like to know that one of the actual pitched lines for the guy near the whiteboard to say in Duke Nukem was something along the lines of "Duke, that's the best dick I've ever seen!" But they didn't use it for some reason. :(

#26 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

I am Blacktimus Prime! Great Show!
Posted Image

#27 rteg48

rteg48

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:07 AM

Its sounding like someone should send Wombat this book:
http://www.amazon.co...d=1EIJQQEWF290I

The audiobook is even better because it's read by Samuel L Jackson. And its exactly as awesome as it sounds

#28 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

Wombat, as someone who said they have to renew their Verizon contract at the end of the summer, you might want to consider switching carriers. After July 7th Verizon is switching from a $30 unlimited data plan to a tiered system that jacks up the price like crazy. Just my opinion: AT&T is the same as Verizon for price. T-Mobile is cheaper but they throttle data if you pass a certain limit. That leaves Sprint as the best deal of the major carriers since they're cheaper and have true unlmited data. Boost and Virgin Mobile are better deals and (psst, don't tell anyone) use Sprint's network but they don't have the best phones.

Also, discounts on phones aren't a big deal. The physical phone stores overcharge. Amazon's Wireless store practically gives the phones away just for signing up or renewing contracts.

#29 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

On a positive note (for the CAGcast, at least), the Joystiq show is truly terrible for me. I only started listening after you guys had Justin on as a guest and quickly found that Chris Grant is a really arrogant tool. He was by far my least favorite thing about it. So I wouldn't be surprised if you do see an influx of subscribers after a couple of episodes.

Overall, good first post. The CAGcast is, of course, a good podcast for video games. You should also give the Giant Bomb Bombcast a shot.

#30 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

So, Wombat - How do you find the time for a job, two kids, a wife, a house, the CagCast AND to be the voice of the new Bugs Bunny?

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.