B1G1 50% off, and free shipping: Vanquish, F3AR, Alice, NFS:HP, Nier, MORE. TRU.com

This has Vanquish in the title so let's derail the entire topic as people rage at me for disliking it.

Click View All and you can get the whole kit and kaboodle on two pages. OP tagged the good stuff but there's more on that same B-tier.

A few of these games were part of the toys r us fiasco. Would you get the $50 gift card if you got both of them?

I see 1 game I have been thinking about getting from them. Thanks for mentioning this, OP!

Has anyone found a coupon code? I'm searching google for 1. Would be nice to find a bonus to go with this free shipping.

Thanks OP. A couple of things that I think, hmmmm..... maybe, nah.....
But it was fun to dream

[quote name='strait edge follower']vanquish is flawed but great ! get this game. And as for fear 3, there must have been no demand for it before release so that's why they can't give it away I guess[/QUOTE]

How is this game for anyone who has played uit? Reviews have been average.. But perhaps its still a worthy game?

[quote name='giantqtipz']How is this game for anyone who has played uit? Reviews have been average.. But perhaps its still a worthy game?[/QUOTE]

Forget the reviews, Mr Mikami made a great shooter in vanquish. It has that old school frantic arcade action and it has fast paced gameplay ( well except chapter 4 where the game slows down but it picks up again after that ) the jet pack in more open areas and against bosses is a blast to use. Story sucks but you play this game for the frantic action anyway. The only things I hated are that standard melee attacks overheated your suit to quickly and I wish it was a little longer ( took me five hours to beat it on first playthrough )and there's boss recycling like in bayonetta but other then that I gaurintee you will enjoy it. hope this post helps

[quote name='giantqtipz']How is this game for anyone who has played uit? Reviews have been average.. But perhaps its still a worthy game?[/QUOTE]

It is generally a pretty fun game. A tad short and the story gets laughably bad but it is well worth the short ride because the gameplay is solid.

I'll never be able to buy Nier ;-; every chance I get the game is out of stock if its under $10 on any site I go to.

[quote name='Neg']A few of these games were part of the toys r us fiasco. Would you get the $50 gift card if you got both of them?[/QUOTE]

I just found out this morning about the fiasco when I drove only to find out it wasn't 2 for $50 but 2 select games get a $50 GC. I walked out. :booty:

[quote name='Toomuchboost']How they offering fear and they didn't ship my back order! Wtf toysrus are full of it![/QUOTE]

They're not... it's out of stock for shipping.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Man, why is Toys R Us trying so hard to give FEAR 3 away? lol, the game just came out.[/QUOTE]

Because every 3rd game released this generation is a shooter. The trend is so sad. Unless you are Halo, Gears, COD, Uncharted, you aren't going to make much money on your more of the same game. There are couple unique shooters, like Vanquish which IS worth getting.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Forget the reviews, Mr Mikami made a great shooter in vanquish. It has that old school frantic arcade action and it has fast paced gameplay ( well except chapter 4 where the game slows down but it picks up again after that ) the jet pack in more open areas and against bosses is a blast to use. Story sucks but you play this game for the frantic action anyway. The only things I hated are that standard melee attacks overheated your suit to quickly and I wish it was a little longer ( took me five hours to beat it on first playthrough )and there's boss recycling like in bayonetta but other then that I gaurintee you will enjoy it. hope this post helps[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the meat of the game comes after the story mode is completed in mission mode. That is a true testament of your skills. The story mode is a cakewalk compares to those missions.

[quote name='Distrato']I'll never be able to buy Nier ;-; every chance I get the game is out of stock if its under $10 on any site I go to.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Xellos2099']It is an oxymoron.... Nier is out of stock for shipping but it is also not available for in store pick up lol[/QUOTE]

Nier is so painfully mediocre that you're really saving both time and $$$ by not having it. It's a game that clearly needed more development time, so take it from me: there is no rush, or need, to play a half-finished game like Nier.:roll:

Vanquish was horribly disappointing for me in just about every respect but if you can get it for $15 or less, you'll get your moneys worth.

Nier was even worse.

Toys R Us sometimes goes crazy on certain deals. I haven't the foggiest idea why. FEAR 3 appears competent so I don't see why they bet so heavily on it.

[quote name='Chadt74']Nier was not a bad game and worth well more than $15.[/QUOTE]
Let me put it like this, if you think you will like Nier, you will probably like it.

Now, to get nasty. Ahem. If you don't really care about gameplay and are perfectly fine with mindless tedium, backtracking, and repetition, you will probably like Nier. If your idea of a good story is one that is so calculated to make you cry at every turn that it comes off as parody rather than tragedy, you will probably like Nier.

I hated it from tip to toenails. There's some scraps of quality there. Great voicework, some good writing here and there. Some good music. But still not worth money or time in my opinion.

BUT, big but, the sheer fanbase it draws is rabid. So let me reiterate, if YOU think YOU will like it, just give it a shot. It's probably up your alley.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Man, why is Toys R Us trying so hard to give FEAR 3 away? lol, the game just came out.[/QUOTE]

also possible TRU doesn't like to stock games that aren't as kid friendly. granted any military shooter isn't really kid friendly due to the realistic violence but F3AR is a horror shooter and look what they did w/the Borderland ad. They just used a placeholder to substitute the artwork.

I'm down for some t-shirts though, thanks OP.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Let me put it like this, if you think you will like Nier, you will probably like it.

Now, to get nasty. Ahem. If you don't really care about gameplay and are perfectly fine with mindless tedium, backtracking, and repetition, you will probably like Nier. If your idea of a good story is one that is so calculated to make you cry at every turn that it comes off as parody rather than tragedy, you will probably like Nier.

I hated it from tip to toenails. There's some scraps of quality there. Great voicework, some good writing here and there. Some good music. But still not worth money or time in my opinion.

BUT, big but, the sheer fanbase it draws is rabid. So let me reiterate, if YOU think YOU will like it, just give it a shot. It's probably up your alley.[/QUOTE]

I thought I'll like it but I really fucking hated it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Let me put it like this, if you think you will like Nier, you will probably like it.

BUT, big but, the sheer fanbase it draws is rabid. So let me reiterate, if YOU think YOU will like it, just give it a shot. It's probably up your alley.[/QUOTE]

I cant deny that it's a flawed game. The gameplay isn't bad but does get old and the area's are bland as they can make em. However you sell the story in this game far too short. It is a very well written and acted story, I would go so far as to say it's one of the best videogame plots to date.

Overall it comes down to wether you can deal with mediocre gameplay to enjoy a great story. If your into story driven games definitely give this game a try, It might surprise you.

Noticed HAWX2 has a good $17.98 price compared to everywhere else. $20 is what it's been at. I don't recommend it though. I loved HAWX1 but HAWX2 was two steps back for every step forward. I hoped it could give Ace Combat some real competition but I suppose not.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Why would people be looking for You Don't Know Jack?

WTF?[/QUOTE]

It's a good game, but here the prices are pretty bad.

I cant deny that it's a flawed game. The gameplay isn't bad but does get old and the area's are bland as they can make em. However you sell the story in this game far too short. It is a very well written and acted story, I would go so far as to say it's one of the best videogame plots to date.
We'll have to agree to disagree on Nier's story, I'm afraid. It got so close to being a great story and had a lot of clever ideas, but as it was told it just failed.

Phantom Dust had a better story in the same style, in my opinion.

bread's done
Back