Photo
- - - - -

B1G1 50% off, and free shipping: Vanquish, F3AR, Alice, NFS:HP, Nier, MORE. TRU.com

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Don't forget Fighters Uncaged for Xbox 360 for $45, lots of Kinect fans around here.

#32 Magikarp830

Magikarp830

SPLASH had no effect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'll never be able to buy Nier ;-; every chance I get the game is out of stock if its under $10 on any site I go to.

It is an oxymoron.... Nier is out of stock for shipping but it is also not available for in store pick up lol

Nier is so painfully mediocre that you're really saving both time and $$$ by not having it. It's a game that clearly needed more development time, so take it from me: there is no rush, or need, to play a half-finished game like Nier.:roll:

#33 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

Vanquish was horribly disappointing for me in just about every respect but if you can get it for $15 or less, you'll get your moneys worth.

Nier was even worse.

Toys R Us sometimes goes crazy on certain deals. I haven't the foggiest idea why. FEAR 3 appears competent so I don't see why they bet so heavily on it.

#34 Chadt74

Chadt74

CAGoholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

Nier was not a bad game and worth well more than $15.

#35 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

fffff

ps3 vanquish is oos.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#36 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Nier was not a bad game and worth well more than $15.

Let me put it like this, if you think you will like Nier, you will probably like it.

Now, to get nasty. Ahem. If you don't really care about gameplay and are perfectly fine with mindless tedium, backtracking, and repetition, you will probably like Nier. If your idea of a good story is one that is so calculated to make you cry at every turn that it comes off as parody rather than tragedy, you will probably like Nier.

I hated it from tip to toenails. There's some scraps of quality there. Great voicework, some good writing here and there. Some good music. But still not worth money or time in my opinion.

BUT, big but, the sheer fanbase it draws is rabid. So let me reiterate, if YOU think YOU will like it, just give it a shot. It's probably up your alley.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#37 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

Man, why is Toys R Us trying so hard to give FEAR 3 away? lol, the game just came out.

also possible TRU doesn't like to stock games that aren't as kid friendly. granted any military shooter isn't really kid friendly due to the realistic violence but F3AR is a horror shooter and look what they did w/the Borderland ad. They just used a placeholder to substitute the artwork.

I'm down for some t-shirts though, thanks OP.

#38 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

Let me put it like this, if you think you will like Nier, you will probably like it.

Now, to get nasty. Ahem. If you don't really care about gameplay and are perfectly fine with mindless tedium, backtracking, and repetition, you will probably like Nier. If your idea of a good story is one that is so calculated to make you cry at every turn that it comes off as parody rather than tragedy, you will probably like Nier.

I hated it from tip to toenails. There's some scraps of quality there. Great voicework, some good writing here and there. Some good music. But still not worth money or time in my opinion.

BUT, big but, the sheer fanbase it draws is rabid. So let me reiterate, if YOU think YOU will like it, just give it a shot. It's probably up your alley.

I thought I'll like it but I really fucking hated it.

#39 dudejeff22

dudejeff22

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

Why would people be looking for You Don't Know Jack?

WTF?

#40 CoruptAI125

CoruptAI125

Subs B4 Dubs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

I cant deny that it's a flawed game. The gameplay isn't bad but does get old and the area's are bland as they can make em. However you sell the story in this game far too short. It is a very well written and acted story, I would go so far as to say it's one of the best videogame plots to date.

Overall it comes down to wether you can deal with mediocre gameplay to enjoy a great story. If your into story driven games definitely give this game a try, It might surprise you.

#41 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

im no graphics whore but Near has some of the worst graphics, couldnt even play the game for more than 10 minutes
Posted Image

#42 mxmarks

mxmarks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

Nier looked beautiful. One of the best games of this generation.

#43 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

Noticed HAWX2 has a good $17.98 price compared to everywhere else. $20 is what it's been at. I don't recommend it though. I loved HAWX1 but HAWX2 was two steps back for every step forward. I hoped it could give Ace Combat some real competition but I suppose not.

Why would people be looking for You Don't Know Jack?

WTF?

It's a good game, but here the prices are pretty bad.

I cant deny that it's a flawed game. The gameplay isn't bad but does get old and the area's are bland as they can make em. However you sell the story in this game far too short. It is a very well written and acted story, I would go so far as to say it's one of the best videogame plots to date.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Nier's story, I'm afraid. It got so close to being a great story and had a lot of clever ideas, but as it was told it just failed.

Phantom Dust had a better story in the same style, in my opinion.