Photo
- - - - -

The AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron - 5/1/15 (Cap's AOU suit pg.29)

• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#661 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

While I would agree that Spider-Man would be cool, he only became an Avenger recently in the past ten years. Plus there the fact Sony will never agree to it. There are plenty of other Avengers that could be in the sequels and other Marvel films such as Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, The Vision, Hank Pym, Wasp, and so on. Who knows, though.

:drool: oh please

Posted Image

#662 qualityman13

qualityman13

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

I know this isn't directly related to the Avengers, but I was watching CNN yesterday and they reported DC is planning on outing one of its "established comic book heroes next month. Any guesses on who it will be?

Then the next day Marvel announces their wedding plans.
http://www.bleedingc...rientation-soon
Want 20% off games at Best Buy? Click here. http://www.cheapassg...t-buy-discount/
Free Amazon Prime For 3 Months (Enjoy Free Two day Shipping)
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#663 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

Ooooooh, oooooh, geek talk! I love it!

Keep in mind that Superman has created mental blocks over the years in order to keep his powers in check. He fears that if he were to absolutely cut loose, he may very well destroy the world. A good example of what an out-of-control Superman would look like is Superboy-Prime. He was shown to be able to take on dozens, if not hundreds, of super-powered beings at once, easily murdering Green Lanterns and demi-gods from across the multiverse, like the Superman and Wonder Woman of Earth-15. He also destroyed Earth-15 and would have destroyed the mainstream universes OA (and thus, restarted the Big Bang), if Superman and the Golden Age Superman did not fly him through Rao.

Besides All-Star Superman, Kal-El was also shown to be able to live within the sun in the possible future of DC One Million. Known as "Superman Prime," he essentially became God of the DC Universe, gaining the ability to create life, resurrect the dead, and be completely and absolutely immortal.

Then, there's the Kingdom Come Superman. Though not nearly as powerful as Superman Prime and probably a tad less powerful than Superboy-Prime, his prolonged exposure to Earth's sun definitely made him much more powerful than his younger mainstream counterpart. According to Lex Luthor, during the time of the series, Superman was at the height of his power, and kryptonite could no longer kill him. He also easily survived the nuclear bomb launched by the UN to wipe out the metahuman community. Even more of his superiority was shown during the "Thy Kingdom Come" series, in which he easily overrides Starman's gravitational powers, appears to be as fast as Wally West (according to Jay Garrick), can hear a fight between Hercules and Gog in Gotham City from all the way in Metropolis, completely punks out Hercules, sends Superman flying a city block with one punch, and punches a bolt of lightening from Gog. In the series' epilogue, he is shown to still be alive 1000 years in the future, though as a very old man.

#664 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

The super hero that will be revealed as gay has not yet appeared in the New 52. So any titles already out are out for contention. That means Superman, Batman, Robin, etc.

#665 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

The super hero that will be revealed as gay has not yet appeared in the New 52. So any titles already out are out for contention. That means Superman, Batman, Robin, etc.

I said it in the other thread someone felt a need to make, but I'll say it again here:

I suppose the media will always fall for stunts like this, but I wish comic book readers and/or the general populous wouldn't fall for this crap as well. Who really cares? It's not going to really change anything or have some kind of profound impact on the medium of comic books. This is just a stunt by DC to try and take attention away from the long time openly gay Marvel X-Men character Northstar who is getting married soon.

DC already has their big female lesbian star in the current Batwoman, so this is the last sexual orientation card they have to play by making a male gay until they go to the well of having a major character experiment with the other team and identify as bi-sexual on the spectrum of sexuality. I'm sure a character will begin to identify as transgendered as soon as transgendered rights become a hot topic of political discussion in the way homosexuality and gay marriage is right now.

And if Marvel, DC, comic fans, or society at large truly gave a Fuck about LGBT issues or LGBT influence on comics, more attention would be given to the whole underground genre of LGBT comics and the often LGBT creators of said comics. Instead - publicity stunt.

#666 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Quesada says Ms. Marvel movie script written and ready!

Yesterday I told you about the off the panel comments that Joe Quesada had to say about Marvel movies with female leads. Today I bring you more no on the panel comments. Reporter Abby Chandler who writes for the Badhaven site states Quesada told her that:

A script for a Ms/Captain Marvel movie is ready to go. They just needed an actress. Marvel are having a meeting in a couple of weeks and will be ready to announce some films then … He said we’d be pleasantly surprised.

The ongoing Captain Marvel by Kelly DeConnick starts in July so that would be good timing and good publicity.
So there’s the character. But if you remember Quesada said that he couldn’t think of a an actress to for a tentpole film. Let’s help him! Cast Carol Danvers.

Posted Image

Edgar Wright Filming Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ This Year?

Edgar Wright was a guest on the Empire Magazine podcast recently, where he dropped the following quote related to both Ant-Man and his upcoming apocalyptic comedy The World’s End (which will conclude the “Blood and Ice Cream” trilogy begun by Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) :

Things are happening, and other things are happening on other things as well. There’s some interesting plates spinning and I ideally hope I’ll be shooting this year.

Those words set off a bevy of rumors and speculation – most of which pointed to Wright “confirming” some earlier teases that Ant-Man will indeed begin production soon. Slash Film followed up with Wright via email, and got the following response:

So as not to jinx things, I am going to remain spectacularly vague on this. Let’s just say I hope to shoot some Ant-Man & World’s End this year.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#667 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The secret agent chick from Chuck!

#668 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

:drool: oh please

Posted Image

damn lokkit dat girl wit the daisy dukes on!!!!!!!!!!!!

#669 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

oh damn.....i would have a mega boner if i saw that on screen lol

#670 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

btw in a fight between superman and the hulk, who would win?

Thought this was fun to watch:

Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#671 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Avengers was epic. They are going to have to make a Marvel vs DC movie to top it.

#672 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Ms. Marvel (and She-Hulk) would be an awesome addition to the Avengers. I think Joss Whedon said he was going to add a bunch of female superheroes to the mix because the first Avengers movie was severely lacking in that department.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can sneak out to the movies by myself at some point and actually watch this thing before it leaves theaters...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#673 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Avengers was epic. They are going to have to make a Marvel vs DC movie to top it.

It will NEVER happen! Each company is tangled in their own legal mess over rights and so on. I think it got really complicated once hollywood got involved. Unless all of them sit down and play nice, we will never see a mashup like that. Hell we'd be damn lucky if Sony gives Paramount permission to use Spiderman.

In the end, it's the fan boys who suffer...while the studios make billions!

Ms. Marvel (and She-Hulk) would be an awesome addition to the Avengers. I think Joss Whedon said he was going to add a bunch of female superheroes to the mix because the first Avengers movie was severely lacking in that department.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can sneak out to the movies by myself at some point and actually watch this thing before it leaves theaters...

With computer technology advancing more and more every movie, you can sure bet they can pull off a realistic she-hulk without hiring some nasty body builder to act like her.

#674 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

What's going on with Superman in 2013? Heard that DC was losing his rights and he could be up for sale.

#675 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

Hey, guys I have watched all the movies in the cinematic universe

Just to make sure, in NONE of the movies they talked about how Fury lost his eye right?

Check my YouTube channel for exotic cars: https://www.youtube.com/user/DKGarage

#676 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

What's going on with Superman in 2013? Heard that DC was losing his rights and he could be up for sale.

it's still on....for 2013....

I dunno...superman returns was good (not great)... it could have had more movies made.... do we need a reboot to tell the superman story? NO

#677 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

Just to make sure, in NONE of the movies they talked about how Fury lost his eye right?

Not really, no, but Ultimate Nick Fury lost his eye to Wolverine. Not sure how the 616 Fury lost his eye. Don't care much for the original Nick Fury.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#678 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

Maybe David Hasselhoff knows.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#679 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Not really, no, but Ultimate Nick Fury lost his eye to Wolverine. Not sure how the 616 Fury lost his eye. Don't care much for the original Nick Fury.

Good call, but if anyone watches it next, pause it when you see Nick Fury

You see 3 slash marks

(although they are two close together to be Wolverines claws)

Check my YouTube channel for exotic cars: https://www.youtube.com/user/DKGarage

#680 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

Thought this was fun to watch:

that was pretty cool though seeing christoher reeves face was a bit creepy. id assume supes would just use his strength and super speed to deal with hulk and if he took him out quick enough itd be an easy win but if the fight drug on too long supes would lose since the more you piss off hulk the stronger he gets.

#681 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

I dunno...superman returns was good (not great)... it could have had more movies made.... do we need a reboot to tell the superman story? NO

Superman Returns was just so boring. I think Kevin Smith summed up the movie perfectly: "You won't believe how fucking boring this man is." It was just really depressing for a big Superman fan to watch their favorite hero just sulk around and stalk Lois Lane and her family. As much as I hate reboots, I think Superman needed one.

#682 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

I didn't notice any sulking in Superman Returns. I enjoyed it, however I was disappointed that it was just another Lex Luthor plot. I want Superman to fight something strong, not deal with a Lex Luthor plan for the millionth time. It would be like if every Batman movie was about the Joker. It gets old.

#683 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

You must have seen a different cut of Superman Returns than the rest of the world saw then lol...

#684 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

It was received well critically. It has a 72 on Metacritic.

#685 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

I didn't notice any sulking in Superman Returns. I enjoyed it, however I was disappointed that it was just another Lex Luthor plot. I want Superman to fight something strong, not deal with a Lex Luthor plan for the millionth time. It would be like if every Batman movie was about the Joker. It gets old.

It definitely focused a lot on Supes' emotions and the stuff he lost because of leaving for so long. I didn't think his watching Lois and her family was particularly creepy, but I can see why viewers wouldn't like that. It was a nice, emotional movie, but that's just not what people want from a Superman film.

Agreed that we didn't need another Luthor plot either, though Kevin Spacey did a bang up job.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#686 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

It was received well critically. It has a 72 on Metacritic.

So, critics can't be wrong? The reality is, it's an ok movie, but not a good Superman movie, which is why it was not a financial success, and why they dumped Singer. If it was a really good movie, do you think they would be rebooting the franchise? Obviously not...

#687 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

So, critics can't be wrong? The reality is, it's an ok movie, but not a good Superman movie, which is why it was not a financial success, and why they dumped Singer. If it was a really good movie, do you think they would be rebooting the franchise? Obviously not...

LOL...look what happened when Singer dumped Xmen 3 for Superman Returns? They both ended up being hated by fans.

#688 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Superman Returns had some good moments, like when he saved the plane Lois was on. But it should have been a reboot, because it was held back by it's attempt to echo the older films. Brandon Routh didn't have a chance to act, really, just to show what a good Christopher Reeves impression he does.

Smallville had a great dynamic with Lex Luthor, despite some terrible episodes, they got Lex perfect most of the time, and the interactions between him and Clark made the show. By comparison, the Hackman/Spacey version of Lex Luthor is incredibly boring. Superman Returns ended up just being a pretty, big-budget showcase of Superman's powers without much soul and a needless retread through his origin.

Really, I'm tired of every superhero movie wasting 1/3 to 1/2 of the film strictly on origin stories. Start the film in the middle of the action, fill us in with some narration or flashbacks, but this plot point A to B to C is really boring to me.

Batman Begins got it right, because they went back and forth between his becoming Batman and him dealing with a conflict in the present. It was perfectly paced and didn't patronize viewers.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#689 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

Being a good movie has nothing to do with rebooting the franchise, it all comes down to the money. Bad movies get sequels all the time. Superman Returns made $391 million worldwide, it just didn't make the kind of money WB wanted it to.

I personally liked it and am disappointed that Brandon Routh was replaced, but in the end it's all opinion.

#690 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

this thread is starting to mutate into a DC vs Marvel thread.