Amazon Video Games DOTW - Alice / Brink / Witcher 2

You're too quick lol, thanks. Pretty good deal on Alice. Competes with Kmart. I'll probably grab it if they actually drop it to $35

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Save yourself the money and pass on Brink. The other two should be more than worth your money though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely agree. Just thought i'd throw it in to the OP since it was part of their deals this week.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Hmmmm, might get Alice, hopefully they'll take that extra 5$ off :p Thanks for posting this OP![/QUOTE]

I submitted a lower price into amazon, maybe they will lower it. Im gonna go ahead and put an order in for it im sure if it drops they'll just give me $5 back.

I'd say that Brink is worth it (so far). Got it for PS3 during the TRU 2 for $50 glitch a week ago. It's pretty much Killzone 2 + Team Fortress 2 with parkour. The shooting feels nice, looks nice and the only area that isn't nice about the game is the lobby system (there isn't one). The developers botched a simple feature for MP - you don't know if you're playing with real players or not some times. That's my only gripe with the game so far. Also, there's a huge patch coming out in a couple of weeks plus free DLC (new maps, new weapons).

[quote name='TraBuch']That two for $50 was a glitch?[/QUOTE]

Apparently so, yeah. It was supposed to be buy 2 games and get a $50 GC. It was supposed to last until yesterday, but TRU stores started to take the deal off their systems on Tuesday (some people still got in on the deal because of a manager override - stores didn't catch on yet).

The free Brink DLC coming out in early July is going to coincide with a patch that aims to fix many of the issues people have had with the game, in particular the awful AI. Though without a review of the DLC and fixes being out yet, you'd be taking a chance on whether the fix actually fixes it properly. Personally, I LOVED Brink, except for the Ai and lag issues...if they can manage to fix those, this would be a seriously fantastic game.

Alice: Madness Returns is alright...the art direction is wonderful, and the level design at times feels like a nice throwback to Super Mario 64 style gameplay, but it can also get kind of repetitive.

Yikes Alice for $30 on PC? Oh man I wonder if steam will go that low (assuming the summer sale starts later this week and Alice is actually on sale) >

Ooo very tempted at The Witcher 2 at that price.

I'm kinda scared how the game will run though as I'm skirting the minimum requirements with my system.

Win7 64 bit, 4GB DDR2, e8400 @ 3.6 Ghz and 8800GT 512MB.

And running the game at my LCD's native 1920x1080.

:cry:

I wouldn't want to run at 1080 with your setup, most likely. You should be ok at a lesser resolution or ok at 1080 with a slightly beefier computer but where you are exactly I just don't know. That is a popular ass card though, or atleast it was and is still in a lot of computers, so you should be able to find some other people with similar systems.

It's worth noting for the PC Alice Madness that it doesn't include the original Alice in the boxed version like the console versions do.

[quote name='earvcunanan'] The developers botched a simple feature for MP - you don't know if you're playing with real players or not some times. [/QUOTE]

The PC version of Brink doesn't have this issue since you can see that bots don't have pings to the server.

[quote name='Cheapskate']The free Brink DLC coming out in early July is going to coincide with a patch that aims to fix many of the issues people have had with the game, in particular the awful AI. Though without a review of the DLC and fixes being out yet, you'd be taking a chance on whether the fix actually fixes it properly. [/QUOTE]

The bug and balancing patch has been put out on the PC version already and it does a good job of balancing the weapons out. Bots still don't seem too smart, but they seem just like they are in most fps' where they make up for it with great aim now.

This is project 10 dollar. As long as the code is unused, which it never will be in a new copy, you'll always get american mcgee's alice with the console games.

Grrrr. Of course Kmart and Amazon got Alice on sale, cause i bought it last week. Patients is definitely not my strong suit. lol

[quote name='bluedeviltron']Does anyone know if the Amazon digital version activates on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to Brink? If so then yes, Brink activates on Steam since it is a Steamworks title. Any PC version of Brink you buy anywhere will require you to use Steam.

Alice and Witcher 2 are a no, no. Although I'm sure you can take the Alice key and pop it into EADM (Origin) and not have to bother with the Amazon Game & Software Downloader.

I've got a $30 credit. Alice or Witcher... I have Alice from Gamefly atm. Its good. Looks long too as I'm only on the first chapter still. But I've been wanting to play Witcher for a while now...

81ols where did you buy alice from last week??? i bought it from gamestop and im just going to grab it for this price and return it sealed to gamestop to save my money.

Well I forgot to cancel my Alice pre-order for $49.99 from amazon. So im gonna call since I think I can still return in and rebuy to save a few dollars.

Edit: Wohoo for credited back again. I love amazon customer support

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent game, despite the average reviews, I don't understand how it is getting such universally average numbers.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Save yourself the money and pass on Brink. The other two should be more than worth purchasing though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='poker360']Yeah, definitely agree. Just thought i'd throw it in to the OP since it was part of their deals this week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='earvcunanan']I'd say that Brink is worth it (so far). Got it for PS3 during the TRU 2 for $50 glitch a week ago. It's pretty much Killzone 2 + Team Fortress 2 with parkour. The shooting feels nice, looks nice and the only area that isn't nice about the game is the lobby system (there isn't one). The developers botched a simple feature for MP - you don't know if you're playing with real players or not some times. That's my only gripe with the game so far. Also, there's a huge patch coming out in a couple of weeks plus free DLC (new maps, new weapons).[/QUOTE]
I was wondering what to do with my copy. I have it for 360 but haven't opened it yet. I got it for $25 witha price match at Walmart so it's not like I'd be losing much but I don't want to open it if it's complete garbage.

It has to be worth $25, right?

I got Brink with low expectations at the gamestop buy 2 get 1 free deal.
I got it with crysis 2 and Dead Space 2 and Brinks the only one i kept, its a solid online game.
If you like mirrors edge and/or tf2 just buy it.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I was wondering what to do with my copy. I have it for 360 but haven't opened it yet. I got it for $25 witha price match at Walmart so it's not like I'd be losing much but I don't want to open it if it's complete garbage.

It has to be worth $25, right?[/QUOTE]

It seems to be a very polarizing game. You'll either enjoy it a lot or hate it and the only real way to tell is to play it yourself.

Hmm tempting... I recently finished InFamous 2 and LA Noire so I would have time to fit this game in though I do have other games in my backlog already. Either way thanks for the heads up OP!

Though it is a good game, I can see why it's getting not great reviews. There's no center camera button which some people use a lot. The amount of invisible walls is ridiculous, the levels are 4 hours each which gets repetitive instead of having more shorter levels. And of course, sometimes the textures are extremely bad, and I can say that even though I don't care if the graphics are great or not. Everything just feels 10 years behind what it should be.

REGARDLESS of my rant about the game, I do think that it is fun despite it's problems. I say support this game so that they will make a third and final game. It is definitely worth the $40 or $30 if you can shell it out.

I expect this to drop even even more pretty quick. It was an ok game I think 30 bucks is about right new so you can get the first Alice with it. Otherwise I'd wait until 20 used.
The story is not that great and the levels are way too long.

I can see your other points but I just never ran into a problem with invisible walls. Maybe twice I actually tried to go somewhere and ran into one, otherwise I was really looking for spots because I heard of that complaint before I played the game and found it hard to find any that would actually trick you. If it doesn't have some kind of item pick up, enemy on it, or platform/bouncer next to it, you just don't need to explore which really seemed to solve that problem for me in my 13 or 14 hour playthrough.

If you have a decent computer, trust me:

Buy

The

Witcher

It's a PHENOMENAL game. I buy about 50 games a year, and finish at least 15 or so. The Witcher 2 is the best single player title I've played in YEARS. Other than an abrupt ending, it's a nearly perfect game. Easily up in my Top 10 of all time, nestled with games like KOTOR, Ocarina of Time, and Metal Gear Solid.

[quote name='mattcube64']If you have a decent computer, trust me:

Buy

The

Witcher

It's a PHENOMENAL game. I buy about 50 games a year, and finish at least 15 or so. The Witcher 2 is the best single player title I've played in YEARS. Other than an abrupt ending, it's a nearly perfect game. Easily up in my Top 10 of all time, nestled with games like KOTOR, Ocarina of Time, and Metal Gear Solid.[/QUOTE]
I've had my eye on it but sadly my pc couldnt even begin to run it. I was really excited when the xbox 360 version was confirmed.:bouncy:

bread's done
Back