Amazon Video Games DOTW - Alice / Brink / Witcher 2

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#31 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

Well I forgot to cancel my Alice pre-order for $49.99 from amazon. So im gonna call since I think I can still return in and rebuy to save a few dollars.

Edit: Wohoo for credited back again. I love amazon customer support

Edited by joshnorm, 26 June 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#32 Denogginizer

Denogginizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Does Alice: Madness Returns register in EA Origin?

Yes.

#33 AceSam14

AceSam14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

Good morning, I just woke up and found that Alice's price dropped $20 in my cart...

http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B004CDBP9G

Not sure if they are price matching another retailer but this is a great deal. I want the PC version but I have a nice backlog so I'll probably wait until Black Friday :/.

#34 cametall

cametall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Excellent game, despite the average reviews, I don't understand how it is getting such universally average numbers.

#35 cametall

cametall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

I'm enjoying Brink quite a bit. It feels vastly improved (performance) over when it first came out.

#36 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Save yourself the money and pass on Brink. The other two should be more than worth purchasing though.

Yeah, definitely agree. Just thought i'd throw it in to the OP since it was part of their deals this week.

I'd say that Brink is worth it (so far). Got it for PS3 during the TRU 2 for $50 glitch a week ago. It's pretty much Killzone 2 + Team Fortress 2 with parkour. The shooting feels nice, looks nice and the only area that isn't nice about the game is the lobby system (there isn't one). The developers botched a simple feature for MP - you don't know if you're playing with real players or not some times. That's my only gripe with the game so far. Also, there's a huge patch coming out in a couple of weeks plus free DLC (new maps, new weapons).

I was wondering what to do with my copy. I have it for 360 but haven't opened it yet. I got it for $25 witha price match at Walmart so it's not like I'd be losing much but I don't want to open it if it's complete garbage.

It has to be worth $25, right?

#37 thekoolkurt

thekoolkurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

I got Brink with low expectations at the gamestop buy 2 get 1 free deal.
I got it with crysis 2 and Dead Space 2 and Brinks the only one i kept, its a solid online game.
If you like mirrors edge and/or tf2 just buy it.

#38 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

Price drop is right on schedule...

gohastings has this for $39.99 as well.

#39 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

I was wondering what to do with my copy. I have it for 360 but haven't opened it yet. I got it for $25 witha price match at Walmart so it's not like I'd be losing much but I don't want to open it if it's complete garbage.

It has to be worth $25, right?

It seems to be a very polarizing game. You'll either enjoy it a lot or hate it and the only real way to tell is to play it yourself.

#40 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Waiting for $20

#41 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

What are peoples impressions on this game so far ? Seems like a dark and quirky platformer/action game and I like dark and quirky games
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#42 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hmm tempting... I recently finished InFamous 2 and LA Noire so I would have time to fit this game in though I do have other games in my backlog already. Either way thanks for the heads up OP!

523546.png

#43 spike32

spike32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Though it is a good game, I can see why it's getting not great reviews. There's no center camera button which some people use a lot. The amount of invisible walls is ridiculous, the levels are 4 hours each which gets repetitive instead of having more shorter levels. And of course, sometimes the textures are extremely bad, and I can say that even though I don't care if the graphics are great or not. Everything just feels 10 years behind what it should be.

REGARDLESS of my rant about the game, I do think that it is fun despite it's problems. I say support this game so that they will make a third and final game. It is definitely worth the $40 or $30 if you can shell it out.

#44 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

I expect this to drop even even more pretty quick. It was an ok game I think 30 bucks is about right new so you can get the first Alice with it. Otherwise I'd wait until 20 used.
The story is not that great and the levels are way too long.

#45 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

I can see your other points but I just never ran into a problem with invisible walls. Maybe twice I actually tried to go somewhere and ran into one, otherwise I was really looking for spots because I heard of that complaint before I played the game and found it hard to find any that would actually trick you. If it doesn't have some kind of item pick up, enemy on it, or platform/bouncer next to it, you just don't need to explore which really seemed to solve that problem for me in my 13 or 14 hour playthrough.

#46 Wattsup

Wattsup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

Link
http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0053YQ8E0

#47 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=298015

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#48 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

If you have a decent computer, trust me:

Buy

The

Witcher

It's a PHENOMENAL game. I buy about 50 games a year, and finish at least 15 or so. The Witcher 2 is the best single player title I've played in YEARS. Other than an abrupt ending, it's a nearly perfect game. Easily up in my Top 10 of all time, nestled with games like KOTOR, Ocarina of Time, and Metal Gear Solid.

#49 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Buy

The

Witcher

It's a PHENOMENAL game. I buy about 50 games a year, and finish at least 15 or so. The Witcher 2 is the best single player title I've played in YEARS. Other than an abrupt ending, it's a nearly perfect game. Easily up in my Top 10 of all time, nestled with games like KOTOR, Ocarina of Time, and Metal Gear Solid.

I've had my eye on it but sadly my pc couldnt even begin to run it. I was really excited when the xbox 360 version was confirmed.:bouncy:

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#50 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

Witcher 2 will be cheaper. Not in any hurry.

Alice PC doesn't come with the original Alice I don't think. Unless I can be sure I'm getting original Alice with it, I'm in no hurry.

#51 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

Alice PC doesn't come with the original Alice I don't think. Unless I can be sure I'm getting original Alice with it, I'm in no hurry.

I'm trying to figure out if Alice PC comes with the first game as well. If it does I'm all over the deal.
Wubwubwubwub.

#52 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

Alice on PC only comes with the original if you buy from origin.com

Other than that, Alice is amazing. Everyone's price point is different to buy, but either way if you are even slightly interested in this game buy it when it hits your price. Reviews are wrong, play it before you write it off.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#53 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

Witchfucker 2 is coming out on Xbox 360 as well...

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0050SYT0E/

#54 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

Alice on PC only comes with the original if you buy from origin.com

Actually the version on Origin with the original Alice was only available for the first week of release, it no longer comes with the original on there.

#55 bluedeviltron

bluedeviltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

In for Alice. That's as cheap as I see it getting for at least another month or two.

#56 spike32

spike32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

I can see your other points but I just never ran into a problem with invisible walls. Maybe twice I actually tried to go somewhere and ran into one, otherwise I was really looking for spots because I heard of that complaint before I played the game and found it hard to find any that would actually trick you. If it doesn't have some kind of item pick up, enemy on it, or platform/bouncer next to it, you just don't need to explore which really seemed to solve that problem for me in my 13 or 14 hour playthrough.

I was never "tricked" by invisible walls, but there was some places that it looked like she would be able to go or fit if she shrunk, but I knew right away she wouldn't be able to, but with games today, you really should be able to go everywhere. Not that I mind a game where you don't get lost every 10 minutes, but I still feel it brings the game down a bit.

#57 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Buy

The

Witcher

The Witcher 2 is the best PC RPG game this year...BY FAR, so far.

#58 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

Patients is definitely not my strong suit. lol

Note to self: Do not let you be my doctor. ;)

#59 VANDALHEART

VANDALHEART

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

As much as I want to pick up Alice, I wouldn't be able to play it right away. As with many other games that I don't play immediately, they drop even lower in price once I get to them. I'll wait and hopefully I'm done with the games I'm playing now when Alice costs a bit less.

#60 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

I was never "tricked" by invisible walls, but there was some places that it looked like she would be able to go or fit if she shrunk, but I knew right away she wouldn't be able to, but with games today, you really should be able to go everywhere. Not that I mind a game where you don't get lost every 10 minutes, but I still feel it brings the game down a bit.

I get that, but I don't see why it matters. If you didn't run into it, and there was absolutely nothing there of consequence, why would it?