Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/26/11 to 7/2/11)

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#61 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

Damn, was hoping RE:Mercs would be instore too <_<. Dont feel like waiting a week to see that 10$ Gift Card
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

Is UFC trainer a 360 exclusive?

#63 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

im gonna pick up The Sims 3... I just got a 3DS and was wanted to pick up this game when it was $17.99 used at gamestop a couple weeks ago but no stores had it in stock. I hope the one other title is Ridge Racer but I doubt it...

also has anyone played Splinter Cell? it is getting mixed reviews and was wondering if anyone could recommend it...

#64 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

im gonna pick up The Sims 3... I just got a 3DS and was wanted to pick up this game when it was $17.99 used at gamestop a couple weeks ago but no stores had it in stock. I hope the one other title is Ridge Racer but I doubt it...

also has anyone played Splinter Cell? it is getting mixed reviews and was wondering if anyone could recommend it...

My girlfriend's dad got it. He really liked it, but he's never played the "real" Splinter Cells to compare it to.

I played it for like 10 minutes. Seemed alright. Framerate was a tad choppy, and controls were a bit goofy. Definitely not worth $40, IMO. But for $16, you could probably do a lot worse.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#65 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

Hi OP,

Does the ad mention the price for the LOTR blu-ray sets (Extended version)? I Know they are $69.99 online I just want to make sure that is the same price during release week.

Thanks

#66 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hell yeah, I'll finally get to start building my 3DS collection! Gonna get

Ghost Recon
Rayman
Super Monkey Ball
Bust A Move

Thanks for the update Prim.

#67 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

I was instore at Best Buy today and grabbed a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition (the original run) PS3 for $14.99. The lady said it was "on sale" but showed on my receipt as a "clearance disc". Would a deal like this be YMMV? Iwas at the Bellevue store and they had close to 15 copies for PS3.

#68 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

Hi OP,

Does the ad mention the price for the LOTR blu-ray sets (Extended version)? I Know they are $69.99 online I just want to make sure that is the same price during release week.

Thanks

Yes $69.99 for the standard and $99.99 for the Best Buy exclusive collectible 6-character trilogy figurine set.

#69 mestrocker

mestrocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

Ghost recon for $16 i've been waiting for that one heard it's really fun, hoping for doa though.

#70 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

Ghost recon for $16 i've been waiting for that one heard it's really fun, hoping for doa though.

Ghost recon for $16 is a steal! I bought it at launch and don't regret paying near full price. It was truly the one stand out of the launch lineup.

I was really hoping for steel diver but I'm not surprised it didn't make the list, if it was any other publisher besides nintendo it would probably be on there. I'm leaning towards splinter cell. . . . The mixed reviews give me pause but I don't see how it can't be worth it for $16. I'm going out of town soon so money's a little tight as we save for vacation so I'm going to be limited to 1 game sadly. I'd probably pick up super monkey ball if this came at a different time.

The other game I'm surprised isn't on there is ridge racer. I can't believe they're moving many more copies then the rest of the listed titles are.

#71 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

So this is why the midnight sale sucked, they wanted to save the best stuff for this upcomming weekly sale :)
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#72 MetalDragonKing

MetalDragonKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:42 AM

The following games are not pictured in the ad, but will also be $15.99.

Ghost Recon
Rabbids travel in time
Splinter Cell
Super Monkey Ball
Bust A Move

Damn, now I'm getting 3 3DS games in a week. Rayman, Splinter Cell, and RE: Mercs.

#73 threefiftyzzz

threefiftyzzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:49 AM

Damn I wish they'd give a gc or something instead of ufc 2010 cause I already own it...
Posted Image

#74 Irohazaka

Irohazaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:10 AM

Man if ghost recon is really on it, defiantly will give it a try at that price. Not too sure about any of the other titles though, already want to get Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and Earth Defense Force Insect Armegeddon. Too many games that I want are coming out.

Steam: SnappsX

#75 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:38 AM

My wallet is going to hurt on Sunday! I'm just glad that none of the titles on the list I have purchased on there own or combined with any sale. The only other game I want right now is Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion.

#76 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:38 AM

Is UFC trainer a 360 exclusive?

No.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#77 n8dawwg

n8dawwg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

Hmm. One deal that looks decent would be:

Michael Jackson the Experience (Wii) - $24.99

Stack the $10 coupon from the current issue of @gamer.... $14.99. Not bad!

Dont bother. Its not even worth the $15. Its not any fun on the Wii.

#78 Dzey

Dzey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

no Super Street Fighter Arcade deals?

#79 alfindeol

alfindeol

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:59 AM

I was instore at Best Buy today and grabbed a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition (the original run) PS3 for $14.99. The lady said it was "on sale" but showed on my receipt as a "clearance disc". Would a deal like this be YMMV? Iwas at the Bellevue store and they had close to 15 copies for PS3.

If it's clearance there than it's clearance across the board. Those are company mandated prices. I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of copies in the Issaquah store. How is Bellevue's gaming staff? I'm always sizing up my competition. I caught a glimpse of the ad last week and confirm the deals and that they are lame. I'll let you know if I find out anything about trade-in promos other than the 30% extra for next week.

#80 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

I wonder if there will be anymore titles in the sale...

#81 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

I wonder if there will be anymore titles in the sale...

I'm hoping but I doubt it. It seems like these were the throw away titles from the launch that they probably have a lot of extra copies of. Ghost Recon is the only good title on the list. The rest of the games got poor review scores for the most part.

#82 fightxusa

fightxusa

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

Cool that's probably the only amount I would pay for those games.

#83 fightxusa

fightxusa

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

http://toysrus.shopl...n-this-weeks-ad

#84 Kali

Kali

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

Dont bother. Its not even worth the $15. Its not any fun on the Wii.

Seriously? Not even for a dancing game? Damn.
Posted Image

#85 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

i'm in on UFC Personal trainer w/ free Undisputed

Yah, me too. That's kind of tempting, although UFC Personal Trainer got horrible previews. Hopefully the reviews are better.

#86 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

http://toysrus.shopl...n-this-weeks-ad

That's the current week's ad. This thread is about next week's ad.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

#87 goeagles5039

goeagles5039

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:21 AM

If true, Ghost Recon will be mine!!! The only other 2 games I own are Zelda and Pilotwings, also I will be getting Resident Evil, but Ghost Recon will be mine now as well, as long as it is part of the sale. Other than these 4 games, what else is worth owning?

#88 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:33 AM

Can someone be a little more specific about the $15.99 3DS games in next week's TRU ad?

I'm hoping I'll be able to price match either at Best Buy or Walmart where I have credit. Will the prices for all these games be advertised in the weekly ad? Online? Or is it gonna be one of those "walk in the store and be surprised" type things.

#89 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

Hopefully Monkey Ball's in the ad, I definitely would like to PM at Best Buy for the RZ points... but either way it looks like the 3DS will finally get some games this weekend. At least my BB and TRU are right next door to each other so it's easy to go back and forth if BB gets pissy about PMing. (this BB hates to PM and loves to make up excuses why they can't although I usually win as long as it's a straightforward PM)

(I know none of them are EXCELLENT games but at $15.99 I can handle having some decent-ish games; probably in for Sims, Monkey Ball, possibly Madden and/or Asphalt)

#90 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

WTH, all these games at 60% off for a recently launched system?? Really shows how poorly the 3ds launch was handled.