Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/26/11 to 7/2/11)

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#151 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

Ended up being there at opening since I had another errand going to Kmart. Picked a copy of Ghost Recon and Splinter cell. They only had a couple copies of each, but plenty for the other games.

The store also had an additional 25% off sale on clearance items. There wasn't much I wanted but did find a Big Boss controller shell for wiimotes. Came out to under 4 bucks

#152 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

I pricematched what Walmart would let me from the ad itself (Rayman and Sims), and then went to Best Buy and PM'd from the website (Ghost Recon and SMB). Both stores had at least 10 copies of every single game in stock, save for Dead or Alive (which isn't part of the sale) and Splinter Cell for some reason.

Best Buy said they had 11 SC in stock, but that they must still be on the truck. The girl was really nice and helpful, and offered to go look; but there was a pretty long line behind me and I didn't want to be "that guy". I told her I would just come back up in the next couple days, no biggie.

Toys R Us is only about seven minutes away from Best Buy, so out of curiosity, I took a look. They had plenty of every single game in stock, too, except for Dead or Alive (which, again, isn't part of the sale anyway). I asked the guy in the "R-Zone" if anyone had been taking advantage of the deal, and he said there was a person there when the store opened who bought "like six games"; but other than that, none he was aware of.

So, yeah... I think between a lack of interest, and multiple stores willing to pricematch, everyone should be able to get what they want so long as they go today or tomorrow.

Posted Image

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#153 Goodfella2487

Goodfella2487

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

So like, why would anyone want to play these games? Even for $17 seems like a rip off.

#154 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

So like, why would anyone want to play these games? Even for $17 seems like a rip off.

:roll: Dumb troll is dumb?

Ghost Recon is worth that easily. Can't speak to the rest but for $16, I might try a couple.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#155 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

I just wanted to point out, when I went to TRU and tried to use my $5 reward certificate but it wouldn't let me. I didn't make a big deal since I do have a kid and used right after but this is bs on TRU behalf. The certificate itself in the back excluded video games and other items which I can't remember, I know for some it wont matter but for those of you who accumulate and cash in your rewards on just Video Games is utter crap.

#156 Brandon Heat

Brandon Heat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

Will have to stop by TRU tomorrow to pick up Rayman.

Already have Ghost Recon and I would recommend it for this price. Solid strategy game.

#157 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

From what I've heard, Ghost Recon is easily worth the original $40.

Rayman 2 is a great game. Considering it's a pretty quick port job, though, (unlike Zelda which is like a whole new game graphics wise), I'd say it's worth anything less than sub $20.

The other two games I got are easily worth $10-$15. I'd rather grab them now and just have them.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

#158 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

if you never played Rayman 2 , its worth a buy , i bought that launch day and was blown away

will try later to get some games :D

#159 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

Ok so for those of us keeping track at home, can we make a list if all the eligible titles? The TRU website lists like 4 games and says more titles in store. Can someone help me out with a list? I see

Super Monkey Ball
SIMS 3
Ghost Recon
Rayman
Splinter Cell
Madden
Dinosaurs
Raving Rabbids Travel in Time
Bust a Move
Asphalt 3D

What else? Thanx in advance.

Posted Image

#160 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Raving Rabbids travel in time

#161 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hey guys, is Vanquish supposed to be $20 now? I saw it at some BBY for that price.

It is 19.99 on both consoles at the BB I shop at.

#162 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

Was next to TRU so stopped by. Passed on everything. With The Mercenaries comin out next week and just starting Zelda, I can do without mediocre games. I know Ghost Recon is supposed to be good but I'm not into strategy games. Good for those who just burn through games tho.

#163 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

Prices are 15.99 online as well. Submit to Amazon for price match.

#164 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

I'll probably swing by TRU before work tomorrow and grab Rayman, Rabbids, and Bust-a-Move. :)
Posted Image

#165 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

So much for conspiracy theories. There's no profit to be made from any of these below average games.
That said, my kid convinced that Monkey ball, and Rayman are worth a look at $16.00.

#166 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

I picked up splinter cell this morning. I really wanted to pick up super monkey ball also but money's tight so I had to decide on 1. Truth be told I probably shouldn't have picked up anything since the games I really want weren't Part of the sale but $17 was to good to pass up.

#167 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

I'll probably swing by TRU before work tomorrow and grab Rayman, Rabbids, and Bust-a-Move. :)

Is Rabbids supposed to be good? I haven't heard many people talk about picking that one up.

So much for conspiracy theories. There's no profit to be made from any of these below average games.
That said, my kid convinced that Monkey ball, and Rayman are worth a look at $16.00.

Yup. Love how everyone jumped on me; and yet the Slickdeals thread is still stuck at two pages and has barely surpassed 3,000 views. Meanwhile, this thread is quickly approaching 24,000 views. But yeah, I'm sure all the lurkers and hoarders are concentrated into the SD's 3K. :roll:

Point is moot anyway; this isn't a worthwhile flipping opportunity. It's a good deal if you have a 3DS and want to fill up your catalog with some games to mess around with on the cheap. Nothing more.

I picked up splinter cell this morning. I really wanted to pick up super monkey ball also but money's tight so I had to decide on 1. Truth be told I probably shouldn't have picked up anything since the games I really want weren't Part of the sale but $17 was to good to pass up.

$17 Splinter Cell is a great deal. Don't feel ashamed. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase! :-)

#168 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Is Rabbids supposed to be good? I haven't heard many people talk about picking that one up.

$17 Splinter Cell is a great deal. Don't feel ashamed. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase! :-)

I haven't read anything good about rabbids, every review I came across said it's a bad game. I'd do a little research before you buy it just to make sure you're not disappointed.

That's what I kind of figured about spinter cell. I enjoyed the console versions for the most part so I figured I'd get $17 worth of enjoyment out of it.

#169 HyundaiJVX

HyundaiJVX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

Unadvertised, $50 gift card with 160GB PS3.

#170 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

I picked up Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. My 3DS will be here Tuesday. Looking forward to checking these out. Thanks OP!

#171 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

I would love Monkey Ball but the closest Toys R Us is like 40 minutes away and its out of stock online :(. I did buy Sims 3 and Bubble Bobble online though, ~$13 each is not too bad.

#172 kingzblend121

kingzblend121

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Where is this buy one get on 40% off coupon people are talking about. Has anyone got it to work and is it in-store?

#173 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

Walked out with Splinter Cell and Rayman 3D. Kinda on the fence about Rayman. I might return that one, maybe not. LoL

Posted Image

#174 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

Where is this buy one get on 40% off coupon people are talking about. Has anyone got it to work and is it in-store?

I received it as an email advertisement from TRU but it was pointed out that the discount is applied with games $19.99 or less and not after discount.

#175 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

Quick question, if you brought a game with a PM, can you still get it PM'd if someone else has it for lower?

Paid 44.99 for Alice:Madness Returns, and now K-Mart has it for 34.99. If not, i guess ill just return it and rebuy it for 34.99 (Seeing as i havent opened it yet ^_^)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#176 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Quick question, if you brought a game with a PM, can you still get it PM'd if someone else has it for lower?

Paid 44.99 for Alice:Madness Returns, and now K-Mart has it for 34.99. If not, i guess ill just return it and rebuy it for 34.99 (Seeing as i havent opened it yet ^_^)

Unfortunately No, They don't pricem match and item already price matched. You can however try. But i doubt it. Look at the kmart thread every once in a while so you can price match accordingly. They usually take off 25 bucks a few weeks later.

#177 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

I picked up Ghost Recon and Rayman.

Played some Rayman so far... it definitely as not as great of an upgrade from the N64 game as Zelda.

And for those considering Monkey Ball, I would advise against it. Even at $16, it is nowhere near as fun as the Gamecube games, or even the GBA version.

#178 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

Dang, guess ill return it and try to rebuy it then <_<. (Then again, they will probally hassle me either way)

Thanks for quick response.

And yeah, i usually do watch the K-Mart thread (Thats how i got it for 44.99 at launch), but i didnt expect it to drop under 40$ so soon.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#179 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

I picked up Ghost Recon and Rayman.

Played some Rayman so far... it definitely as not as great of an upgrade from the N64 game as Zelda.

And for those considering Monkey Ball, I would advise against it. Even at $16, it is nowhere near as fun as the Gamecube games, or even the GBA version.

Done and Done thank you. I was thinking about it, but didnt think it was worth it.

#180 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

Monkey Ball wasn't too bad but I will say this, giving it the option to use the 3DS internal gyro and using the 3D is impossible although you can use the analog stick which is the way I've been playing. I haven't given it a thorough play through only played through the first act and did a bit of the monkey fight which is pretty fun. Price wise, I would recommend it at $10-$12 but this is the cheapest it's been by itself.