Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/26/11 to 7/2/11)

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#181 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

The only video game deals in the ad:

:ps3::360::wii::ds::pc: Buy any version of Cars 2 the video game, get a $10 Target gift card for free.
Console versions - $49.99
DS and PC version - $29.99

:ds: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Autobots or Decepticon version, each with toy car and Target-exclusive unlockable car code $27

Other stuff:

:ps3::360: Black Ops with Map Pack 1 $59.99
Available Tuesday.

:360: Black Ops Map Pack 3: Annihilation 1600 MS Point Xbox Live card $19.99
Available Tuesday.

:wii: Transformers: Dark of the Moon with toy car and Target-exclusive unlockable car code $49.99

:ps3::360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $59.99
:3ds: Transformers Dark of the Moon $39.99

Edited by LouieT, 27 June 2011 - 02:26 AM.
forgot Transformers, XBL card is just a point card.

#182 KRATOS

KRATOS

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

haha black ops is pathetic at that price.

#183 eastcoastwester

eastcoastwester

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:34 AM

Is there a cheaper way to get black ops and the first map pack right now?
I have it for ps3 but want to get it for 360 so I can play with my little cousin. This seemed like a decent enough deal.

#184 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

I picked up Shadow wars, rayman, and monkey ball.

#185 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

Ghost Recon was the only one I was interested in for $16. Many copies left at Emeryville, CA if you're around.

#186 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Well if you find Black Ops cheaper than $45, you'd be saving money already since the map pack is $15.

Kind of crappy that only the first map pack is available. Then Activision will scoop up $30 more dollars for the other 2 map packs. And I bet they'll be a GOTY version later on that will include everything for $60 again

#187 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

Posted Image Black Ops Map Pack 3: Annihilation Xbox Live card $19.99
Available Tuesday.

I'm guessing this is just a 1600 points card with a Black Ops picture on it? 'Cause the map pack is only $15.

#188 goeagles5039

goeagles5039

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Ghost Recon worth it, some people say yes, some people say no?

#189 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Got Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Splinter Cell 3D, and The Sims 3 (technically, I price-matched it at Best Buy from when I got it last week). Not sure which of the two I got today I'll try first. Thank you, OP and whoever expanded on the list of games in this sale.:D
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#190 avdavidw

avdavidw

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:17 AM

I already had Super Monkey Ball and Shadow Wars.

Today I picked up Rabbids (their last copy), Asphalt and Rayman (never played the orignial).

So far I've been playing Rabbids the most. I generally prefer more casual games on my portable consoles and this one is about as casual as it gets. I think it qualifies as a kids game but I've been enjoying it. Not difficult and levels aren't too long so you can play a level or two here and there really easily.

Asphalt I was surprised with. All I've heard is how bad it is. It's certainly not on NFS's level but it's a fair casual racer. I also liked that real cars were used instead of generic cars.

I never played the original Rayman. Played through the first level and it looked pretty neat.

I might go back for Madden and Bubble Bobble if they're still there later in the week.

Other than Star Fox there aren't any 3DS games with a set release date that I want so hopefully these will carry me through the summer and fall.

Edited by avdavidw, 27 June 2011 - 02:18 AM.
can't spell

Posted Image

#191 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:25 AM

Yes, it says 1600 Microsoft Points on the card. The text under the image just had what I typed in the OP. I'll update it.

#192 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:50 AM

Dang, guess ill return it and try to rebuy it then <_<. (Then again, they will probally hassle me either way)

Thanks for quick response.

And yeah, i usually do watch the K-Mart thread (Thats how i got it for 44.99 at launch), but i didnt expect it to drop under 40$ so soon.

Not to beat you up, but they did announce even before launch that they would have a $35 sale on it after a few weeks. $45 at launch is still pretty good though.

#193 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy throws in a $30 gift card with Wii Sports Resort Console bundles and a free copy of UFC Undisputed 2010 with the purchase of UFC Trainer.

Posted Image Get an extra 25% credit when trading in games towards the purchase of Resident Evil: Mercenaries.

Posted Image Kmart includes a $50 gift card with the Call of Duty Black Ops 160GB PS3 bundle. Additionally, buy any PS3 console, get 2 select GH games free (Killzone 2, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2). Alice: Madness Returns is discounted to $34.99.

Posted Image Target supplies a $10 gift card with all versions of Cars 2.

Posted Image Toys R Us drops select 3DS games to $15.99.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, boogie4114 - See post here

:360::ps3: Logitech Wireless F540 Headset $99.99
:wii: Buy a Wii Console Bundle (Mario Kart Bundle Excluded), get a $30 gift card free
:360: Buy UFC Trainer for Xbox 360 get UFC Undisputed 2010 for Xbox 360 free
:wii: Cars 2 $39.99
:wii: Nascar 2011 $39.99
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 $34.99
:wii: Country Dance $29.99
:wii: Top Shot Arcade $39.99
:wii::ds: Thor (Wii/DS)- $19.99
:wii: Michael Jackson the Experience $24.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $24.99
:wii: Just Dance $22.99
:wii: Just Dance Kids $17.99

GameStop (Ad)
Offers end 6/28

:360::ps3: Two Worlds II $29.99
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Brink $39.99
:ps3: MLB: The Show 11 $39.99
:360::ps3: Green Lantern $49.99
Posted Image 25% extra trade-in credit towards Resident Evil Mercenaries
:360::ps3: Fallout New Vegas $19.99
:360::ps3: Harry Potter Deathly Hallows $19.99
:360::ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360::ps3: Create $19.99
:wii: Metroid: Other M $19.99
:ds: COD: MW $19.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: Some offers may or may not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.

Posted ImagePosted Image Alice: Madness Returns $34.99 (Reg $59.99)
:ps3: Get a $50 Kmart Gift Card with purchase of a Call of Duty Black Ops 160GB PS3 bundle, plus...
Posted Image Buy any PS3 get any 2 of the following greatest hits games free (Reg $29.99 each)

• Killzone 2
  • God of War 3
  • Heavy Rain
  • Uncharted 2 (GOTY or Original Edition)
Posted Image $25 Gaming Coupon with uDraw Tablet ($69.99) - gaming coupon will only print if you are a SYWR member.
Posted Image Kung Fu Panda 2 uDraw $19.99 (Reg $29.99)
Posted Image Spongebob Swigglepants uDraw $19.99 (Reg $29.99)
Posted Image Just Dance $29.99 (Reg $39.99)
Posted Image Just Dance 2 $29.99 (Reg $39.99)
Posted Image Just Dance Kids $19.99 (Reg $29.99)
Posted Image Michael Jackson: The Experience $39.99 (Reg $49.99)

Target (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Buy any version of Cars 2 the video game, get a $10 Target gift card for free $49.99/$29.99
Posted Image Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Autobots or Decepticon version, each with toy car and Target-exclusive unlockable car code $27
Posted Image Transformers: Dark of the Moon with toy car and Target-exclusive unlockable car code $49.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks boogie4114, - See post here

:3ds: Select 3DS games $15.99

• Madden 3D
  • Asphalt 3D
  • Sims 3
  • Rayman
  • Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs
  • and more

Edited by CheapyD, 27 June 2011 - 06:14 AM.

#194 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

Not be be nit-picky, but Bust-A-Move isn't Bubble Bobble. Hopefully people don't think it is at least, don't want to get anyones hopes up that is thinking so. Just shares the same characters.

#195 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

Ok guess that settles it and I'll be returning Rayman today. I was on the fence about it. Might just get my money back or exchange for Rabbids? My TRU didn't have Rabbids in the display case and I didn't bother asking. I'm sure I can find it but is it a worthy replacement or should I just get my money back? I'm just waiting for Capcom to send me my RE with collectors case and I just picked up Zelda. I really can't wait for StarFox.

Posted Image

#196 brewin

brewin

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

What are the chances amazon matches the tru 3ds game deal? I just got a 3ds, still have a bunch of amazon credit and my nearest tru is an hour away.
Posted Image

#197 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

Wow those 3DS games dropped fast... they must have sold many systems!

#198 ookesseloo

ookesseloo

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

I'm all over Alice at 35 bucks.

#199 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for $16 at TRU is a great deal; I picked it up at launch for $40 and it was totally worth it. If you like strategy games like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars, you'll really enjoy this game.

Might pick up Rayman 3D for myself.
Posted Image

#200 jsmoove05

jsmoove05

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:55 AM

What are the chances that amazon price matches the toysrus ad for the 3Ds games.

#201 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

What are the chances amazon matches the tru 3ds game deal? I just got a 3ds, still have a bunch of amazon credit and my nearest tru is an hour away.

What are the chances that amazon price matches the toysrus ad for the 3Ds games.

The chances increase exponentially every time someone asks this question (Amazon's formula is said to be based on a very complex series of algorithms, computations, and a BIG ass set of hamster wheels), so go for it!

#202 EeK85

EeK85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

It is 19.99 on both consoles at the BB I shop at.

Thanks for the reply. I think it has recently dropped, because I swear I saw it a week ago at some BB and it still had a $39.99 price tag on it.

Do you know if this is supposed to be the new MSRP or just a BB thing?

The chances increase exponentially every time someone asks this question (Amazon's formula is said to be based on a very complex series of algorithms, computations, and a BIG ass set of hamster wheels), so go for it!

:lol:

Amazon DOES have a $10 off deal on all Ubisoft 3DS games (including Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell), though.

#203 coasterman

coasterman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere but all the Cars 2 games at Target include a FREE TICKET to see the movie as well as a $10 gift card (PS3 & 360 versions got good reviews, IGN gave it an 8) if your kids like racing games and Cars it is a pretty good deal.

Jeff

#204 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

How is Madden 3DS? I was thinking of getting it but it sounds totally bare bones. I'm fine with that if the core football is pretty good-- control-wise, graphics (mostly worried about the framerate), etc.

I'll second the half-recommendation for Asphalt 3D -- I actually liked the original games on the DS and thought they were a bit underrated (not GREAT games but not as bad as many reviews stated) so I figured I'd give this one a chance. Only got a couple races in last night but enjoyed my time with it. Framerate is a bit wonky (although it might be a bit better in 2D, need to investigate more, especially since the 3D effect is a bit weak) but it doesn't seem to be a horrible game for $16. Ridge Racer is a better/more polished racer but if you like racing games, so far Asphalt seems like a good pickup in this sale.

#205 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

Deciding on whether or not I want Metroid Other M. I almost want to buy it to see how bad I rage through it with the story :lol:.

But it's the only Metroid game besides II I haven't owned at some point.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#206 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

How is Madden 3DS? I was thinking of getting it but it sounds totally bare bones. I'm fine with that if the core football is pretty good-- control-wise, graphics (mostly worried about the framerate), etc.

The bare bones is what made me not buy it. It was one of the launch titles I had planned on getting but after I found out it had next to zero stat tracking I decided to wait for a another year. I really wanted a baseball title but I guess those won't come until next year.

#207 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

To those who price matched the non-listed 15.99 TRU games at BB... did you just print out the price for the game on the website? They usually want to see an ad or printout at my store but I know policy isn't to match a website.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#208 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

To those who price matched the non-listed 15.99 TRU games at BB... did you just print out the price for the game on the website? They usually want to see an ad or printout at my store but I know policy isn't to match a website.

I just show them the price on my Phone and they match it no Problem.

#209 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

I just show them the price on my Phone and they match it no Problem.

I think my BB is a little backwoods... I gave them a phone coupon the other day and the cashier did it no problems. I went back and did it at customer service (was with a return that time) and the managers couldn't figure it out! They kept insisting there was supposed to be a barcode to scan even though I kept telling them to just enter the code! Finally another cashier came over and showed them how to do it.

Point being, I'm a little reluctant to whip out my phone there now but I could always try that. I already printed out the webpage though so I'll try that first.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#210 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

I got Super Monkey Ball 3D, Rayman 3D and Ghost Recon!

Thanks!

By the way... Super Monkey Ball looks surprisingly good. Nice and clean graphics, textures are great... the 3D effect is good, very subtle. The slide pad works like a charm.

Does it run at 60fps?

I'm truly surprised by the visual presentation of the game.