Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/26/11 to 7/2/11)

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#211 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Splinter Cell 3D arrived today from TRU. You move with the circle pad and aim with abxy. This combo works surprisingly well. This game is based on the oh-so-awesome Chaos Theory for Xbox. Level design has been simplified but stuff like interrogation dialogue is the same. Most of the features carry over from the original, including alternative weapon fires, kill/knock out/grab, shadows, sound levels, crouch walk, optical cable, etc.

Some things that don't work so well:
-Hard to tell if an area is actually dark. Even without goggles the darkest areas seem a bit light. This makes planning your route a little hit-n-miss.
-Jump/crouch/wall cling are mapped to the d-pad. This means you can't roll without doing an awkward crab hand. Activating wall cling should be a more fluid control. I think they should have implemented something like l+r for context moves (like l+r near a wall starts cling, l+r while moving forward makes you roll).
-3D doesn't enhance the experience. More often it makes the screen blurry when you reach for a d-pad move.
-Camera stays too close to Sam, makes it hard to look around.

So far I think it's worth it at $16 for fans of the series. Even better if you can buy it in store, shipping added $5 to my total.

Edited by lilman, 01 July 2011 - 12:25 PM.
correction

#212 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

So what's the better game? Rayman or Rabbids? or should I just cut my losses and return Rayman ?

Posted Image

#213 SgtRamirez

SgtRamirez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

I just picked up Bulletstorm for $29.99 at Target. Didn't see this advertised anywhere. I have a PS3. I also noticed Medal of Honor for $19.99. That was a decent enough game, even though it was highly bad-mouthed.
I gots this!

#214 superman37876

superman37876

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Tekken 6 worth it at $15?