Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

#301 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:48 AM

Yeah, it definitely will have a lot of resell value. Even if I'd have saved all my points since the moment I joined, I wouldn't have enough.

#302 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

I'm sorry, but I downloaded the coupon abd I still have absolutely NO idea how this deal works. On the coupon it says "25% power trade bonus credit on any pre-order." I assume this "power trade bonus credit" has something to do with credit gained from trade-ins; but if so, why not state this more definitively,as they do on their trade-in page:

Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden NFL 2012 or RAGE.

But regardless, what is meant by "pre-order"? Do they mean that this credit can be applied towards a game that had already been pre-ordered? or is it valid only through the process of "pre-ordering"? That the term "pre-order" can refer to 2 seperate things can be easily demonstrated by comparing the two following statements:

1. I'd like to pre-order the new Ratchet & Clank game.
2. I'm here to pick up my pre-order.

Do they mean one? Do they mean both? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

#303 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'm sorry, but I downloaded the coupon abd I still have absolutely NO idea how this deal works. On the coupon it says "25% power trade bonus credit on any pre-order." I assume this "power trade bonus credit" has something to do with credit gained from trade-ins; but if so, why not state this more definitively,as they do on their trade-in page:

Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden NFL 2012 or RAGE.

But regardless, what is meant by "pre-order"? Do they mean that this credit can be applied towards a game that had already been pre-ordered? or is it valid only through the process of "pre-ordering"? That the term "pre-order" can refer to 2 seperate things can be easily demonstrated by comparing the two following statements:

1. I'd like to pre-order the new Ratchet & Clank game.
2. I'm here to pick up my pre-order.

Do they mean one? Do they mean both? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

It's really not that hard to understand, especially if you've ever been in a Gamestop before.

Pre-order [pri-awr-der] verb.
1. Reserve a copy of a game to be released in the future by putting down $5 or more.

Buying the game isn't a pre-order. The pre-order is the fact that you have it reserved. You can't use this coupon if you already have the game pre-ordered (even in the same transaction you're picking it up).

You have to pre-order a game in the same transaction you're trading your games in. Exactly like the bonus 25% for Madden and Rage, but for any game.

#304 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hey guys, I got in my grab bag today like I thought I would. And... Well...

Gamestop. This is not a bag. I was a little thrown off at first, and ended up cutting my middle finger as I tried to pry off the plastic cap before realizing it was stapled in place with those obnoxious big staples. After properly removing it, I removed the contents and here's what was inside.

1. Game Informer Epic Mickey Poster.
2. Red Gamestop Powerup Rewards Water Bottle. Made of metal.
3. Tactics Ogre... Cards of some sort.
4. Marvel vs. Capcom 3... Move cards or something. Whatever the pre-order bonus was.
5. XXL ISA Athletic Department T-Shirt. I think it's a Killzone shirt.

Overall, I got more than I expected, and better than what I expected. I may place a second order just to see what else they have to throw in there. Looking forward to hearing what everyone else got in theirs. :]

I got items 1,4,5

I also got a purple Super scribblenuts ear warmers. Not sure if I'm happy with it or not.
Posted Image

#305 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

New Steal of the Week is up. Not too shabby! Let's hope the value of the console holds with all these trade in bonuses, haha.

#306 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

Jumping on this SotW. I was going to tradena 360 with the extra $40, so this is a no-brainer.

#307 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

Not a bad deal at all. I may trade in my phatty for a slim.

#308 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Do you have to buy a new console? If not, I'll trade-in for the credit now and trade in some more later and get a new slim for cheap.

#309 alrighthearthis

alrighthearthis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

My brother hardly uses his 360 so he's going to use the new deal to trade it in get him a 3DS.

#310 PonyboyGatts

PonyboyGatts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

do the bonus $40 and the $50 coupon stack? or is it a use one or the other?

#311 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

I would love that sword, but my account it only at 50k points, would take $1000 in trades then used purchases to meet that 80,000 point requirement. I'd have it if I hadnt gotten a few of the 10k pt items like the vegas kit (have 100k lifetime pts).

#312 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:58 AM

gonna trade in a 360 it seems.
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#313 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

My brother hardly uses his 360 so he's going to use the new deal to trade it in get him a 3DS.

Nice, trade in one system he never uses for another one he'll never use :D

#314 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

Awesome deal for me. Was planning to trade in my Phat 360 toward the Gears 3 Bundle, guess ill have to do it 9 days earlier then ^_^.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#315 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:49 AM

do the bonus $40 and the $50 coupon stack? or is it a use one or the other?

what $40 bonus? towards a new console? curious about this as well. does this coup stack with anything?

#316 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

what $40 bonus? towards a new console? curious about this as well. does this coup stack with anything?

The one for trading in an old xbox 360 or ps3 towards a new one. However it does not stack.

#317 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

Steal of the Week updated. Lame, but at least it's something everyone can use.

For all the points hoarders out there... this was just added to the "coming soon" pile. Never played Warhammer, but this looks epic enough to want.

I hope whomever redeems this receives a complimentary pair of jorts, as seen in the photo description.

Posted Image

#318 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

Can you use coupons online?

#319 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

I don't think so. All the coupons I've seen have specifically mentioned they are only good in-store.

#320 DixieWrecTNINJA

DixieWrecTNINJA

TEAM NINJA CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

I saw they took down the Turtle Beach X-11's for 35,000 points, anyone know if there putting up the new X-12's or another headset?

#321 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

I was so pissed at gamestop over the deus ex snafu but if I can get the power up $50 bonus to combine with the $40 bonus I'd do it. I have an extra 360 that i use rarely.

Someone in the other tiv thread said they got it to work with an override. I'm due for a PUR renewal so maybe I can bargain with them for stacking the coupons. $130 for an xbox 360 fat is incredible.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#322 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

i think that is extremely ymmv though. good luck on that

#323 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

yeah i know that. Hopefully the rewards renewal and a few pre orders with the credit gives the rep some incentive to override.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#324 Tha Doc

Tha Doc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

So the OP says 8/22 -8/28 for the PUR $50 coupon but it ends 9/11. Either I'm not understanding or 8/28 is the cutoff for the coupon, but coupon is valid till 9/11?

#325 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

So the OP says 8/22 -8/28 for the PUR $50 coupon but it ends 9/11. Either I'm not understanding or 8/28 is the cutoff for the coupon, but coupon is valid till 9/11?

The Steal of the Week only lasts one week. The coupon may redeemed up until 9/11.

#326 Tha Doc

Tha Doc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

The Steal of the Week only lasts one week. The coupon may redeemed up until 9/11.

Thanks. I need to go sign up for PUR card this weekend then. Need to dump that Falcon that';s doing nothing but sitting in my closet in it's box. I really hope I can get this to stack with the $40 extra trade-in promo. $130 for a 360 seems very reasonable. ($40 TIV, $40 promo, $50 PUR SotW)

Gotta get some Gears 3 credit. w00t

#327 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

Too bad it has to be used with Gamestop, I really haven't noticed any deals they have worth the time of contemplating.

#328 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

Thanks. I need to go sign up for PUR card this weekend then. Need to dump that Falcon that';s doing nothing but sitting in my closet in it's box. I really hope I can get this to stack with the $40 extra trade-in promo. $130 for a 360 seems very reasonable. ($40 TIV, $40 promo, $50 PUR SotW)

Gotta get some Gears 3 credit. w00t

I dont think they both stack? Didnt only a few people get that, and that was with overrides?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#329 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, they don't stack normally. You'll have to get an override and that's really YMMV.

#330 jlenny

jlenny

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:38 AM

Are the PUR rewards coupons that can be purchased (i.e. $10 off a transaction) count as thought it were cash or as a promo?

I was thinking of getting two of the $10 off any used game to combine with a b2g1 on used games promo coupon. Would this be possible?