Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

#421 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

I just recently renewed my PowerUp and I got that B2G1 coupon with it. I noticed that it expired in November. I imagine if I don't use it by then, I'll definitely lose it, right? Why do they put such a short window on it? I signed up for the year, not for 3 months!

Yup, you do lose it! I renewed mine in July and didn't bother to look at my rewards fairly recently only to see that my coupon disappeared before I could use it.

Sorry for the lack of update last week guys, but there wasn't much to mention and the steal of the week sucked. New stuff this week, though, including an expensive trade in bonus (*sigh*) and some free tacos offer.

Also, $3 psn cards are back in stock!

^Not familiar with this, might have to check this out. My Best Buy used to carry the $10 PSN cards, which I thought were the lowest denomination of actual PSN card, but for some reason they no longer carry it.

A bit off topic, but I've been trying to collect the different artwork of U.S. PSN cards. I got the one with a red car on it from TRU. I got the generic white one from Best Buy. I'll eventually get the one with a fighter plane/jet on it eventually. I missed out on the one offered by Walmart, which had Ratchet and other PS heroes/characters on it because it was $50 card. I wonder if I'm missing any others available in the U.S.?

Edit: Just checked the Rewards catalog and there is a $3 PSN credit for 3,080 points. I would get that if there wasn't so much actual physical stuff I wanted from that catalog like the T-shirts, wristbands, figurines, and key chains.

#422 LordSMVS

LordSMVS

I-I-[SMVS]-I-I

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

Current SOTW is $10 off any pre-owned game for 6000 pts (25% off the original 8000).

#423 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

has anyone else lost their card before / had to call in and have them send you a new one? I've been waiting over a month now for a replacement.... getting a little pissed that it's actually taking this long.

and has anyone else gone to a store that didn't have their system working so they couldn't give you powerup rewards points on your transaction? had to call in about this too, and they told me I'd get the points credited to my account but it's also been a month on that...

#424 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

I just recently renewed my PowerUp and I got that B2G1 coupon with it. I noticed that it expired in November. I imagine if I don't use it by then, I'll definitely lose it, right? Why do they put such a short window on it? I signed up for the year, not for 3 months!

they have run b2g1 on bf weekend the last few years too, so you might want to use the coupon before then too.

#425 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

I had to talk to the manager about this because I thought they were ripping me off too because of this. I had a $10 off coupon and I had planned to use the 10% off too but according to the manager, they don't stack up.

You can only get one or the other, not both. I found this extremely odd and maybe it varies from store to store but at least for my local store, they don't stack up.

Strange, the employee seemed to think I would get it before he rang it up and then explained the non-stacking after the system didn't give me the 10%. I suspect this was just an attempt to explain this rather than him actually thinking it was how it worked.

Looking back at my receipt, the powerup rewards did get scanned in; it has my account # and everything on there, but still no 10%.

So it looks like the system is not applying this correctly (assuming they just scan it and the system does the rest----which is all they've done in the past). I would imagine YMMV as to what employees would be willing to do an override if it's a system issue. Most will probably just read the "cannot be combined with other offers" clause on the coupon and assume that's why the 10% isn't being applied--despite it applying on other deals with that same language.

#426 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

Current SOTW is $10 off any pre-owned game for 6000 pts (25% off the original 8000).

Cool. Thanks for this. Think I'm just going to pick the coupon up since I don't really plan on shopping there anymore.

#427 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

I might get one of these, I've been wanting to pick up Rock Band 3...

#428 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

So I just bought the coupon but instead of saying $10 off any pre-owned game it says $10 off any one Gamestop product. o_o

#429 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Mine says the same, AWESOME! That means we can use these on new items too! I done know what I'll use mine on.

#430 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

Pretty awesome deal then. My friend was able to redeem it as well (two times) and got the same coupon. For those interested I suggest buying the coupon ASAP before they fix the glitch.

#431 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

What the Fuck is "SotW"?

#432 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

So I just bought the coupon but instead of saying $10 off any pre-owned game it says $10 off any one Gamestop product. o_o

Thank you for posting this :D

I just redeemed for one myself. Going to use this on my Fate/Extra pre-order when I pick it up tomorrow. :applause:

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#433 jumpiestranger2

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Thanks, got one, so these will work on preorders?

#434 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

I've been waiting for something to spend my points on and this seems like a good deal.

#435 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

What the Fuck is "SotW"?

I just figured it out- steal of the week

#436 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

Cant decide to get some of these or go for the Gears Lancer and sell it. Sitting at 77,000 points right now.

#437 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Mine says that too! I think now I'll hang on to my coupon for Black Friday...

#438 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

Thanks guys for telling us about the coupon error ! I'll probibly print one out for black friday as well. Gotta use my 6500 points on something ........
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#439 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

Sorry for the delay in updating the OP, again. I got a new job a few weeks back and things are pretty hectic around here. At least we can rejoice for a decent SotW finally!

Also, they've added a ton of merch rewards in the past week or two. Lots of t-shirts and backpacks especially.

And, my favorite, these Portal 2 earrings.

#440 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

holy shit, coupon screw up confirmed here. I just bought and printed 2 of them, both state $10 off ANY one item.

thank you guys for posting this!

#441 iPhone

iPhone

Forward thinking.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

How much was the $10 off coupon the first time they did this? Either way, I think I'll finally use my points on these.

#442 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Awesome mistake. Just printed one. Will be nice for some sales around Turkey/Christmas time.
Posted Image

#443 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

I just hope gamestop has any deals worth using these coupons on during black friday.
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#444 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

I just hope gamestop has any deals worth using these coupons on during black friday.

They should/better. One time a year when GS has any type of sales.

#445 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

I bought 3:). I was waiting for this type of SOTW deal.

#446 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Gah!! I bought the $10 coupon at "full price" for 10K points a couple of weeks ago after pre-ordering some games. I could have gotten 3 of these at the SOTW price!

Great deal, confirmed coupon error as well. Used most of my points to get an extra $10 for the SOTW.

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#447 Pork-Chop Express

Pork-Chop Express

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Awesome! I was looking to get this coupon anyway but the point drop allows for me to get two now! Now to play the waiting game for some good deals.

#448 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Do these work online at all? Like the promo codes? I wouldnt mind gettting the Halo 3 Fable 3 double pack for $10

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#449 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

Nice find guys! I just got one too!

#450 SuperSonic128

SuperSonic128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

I also got one. Does anyone know if you can stack these or if you can use them on two separate transactions? I want to pick up Sonic Generations and Uncharted 3 tonight, and this will help a small amount with saving money on em if I can. :P