Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

#511 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Has anyone's PUR account been slow to update this week? Prior days purchases usually show up the next morning, but that hasn't been the case this week. I have made purchases every day this week but nothing has posted since the 1st. The points from those purchases would give me enough to get another SOTW coupon. Maybe they know this and are holding back on purpose. I've redeemed 2 already this week.

#512 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

So....Mortal Kombat for 360 is $30 new with your power up rewards card. Not a bad deal at $30. Still think I may wait until it hits $20. Just a heads up for anyone interested.

#513 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

So....Mortal Kombat for 360 is $30 new with your power up rewards card. Not a bad deal at $30. Still think I may wait until it hits $20. Just a heads up for anyone interested.

Damn you sure that they wont take $30 off the used price aswell? I would love to get MK for $15.

#514 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

^ They usually leave the used price the same since that's their bread & butter sales right there. Unless it's a universal price drop, the used price may stay the same and be higher than the new price.
Posted Image

#515 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

^ They usually leave the used price the same since that's their bread & butter sales right there. Unless it's a universal price drop, the used price may stay the same and be higher than the new price.

yeah your probably right. THeres no way GS would put MK for $15. I was hoping since I saw that they would take $30 off it would apply to both new and used but thats a LONG LONG shot.

#516 newslowsad

newslowsad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Glad I read this!

Wish I had 1,500 more points so I could grab another $10 off coupon.
Posted Image

#517 jlenny

jlenny

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:43 AM

I left my card in the store and it was gone when I went back (even though employee said it was in the safe), anyway it looks like a purchase was made that I don't remember. Can someone use points to buy xbla points with just the card or is that online only?

#518 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Steal of the week is now $5 off of pre-owned PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, World at War, or Black Ops.

2,500 points.

Damn, and I just saw that the $10 coupon was on anything, was logging in to get it. :(
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#519 lukewin

lukewin

UNC Class of '03

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

Steal of the week is now $5 off of pre-owned PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, World at War, or Black Ops.

2,500 points.

Damn, and I just saw that the $10 coupon was on anything, was logging in to get it. :(

The coupon is still available for me. It's not listed as the SOTW, but it's still 6000 pts
Trade List, Getting rid of a bunch of PS1 RGPs, will take Amazon, Best Buy or Gamestop credit as payment
http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=9026552

#520 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Anything worth getting with on that $10 pre-owned coupon?

#521 brother bendu

brother bendu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

I just want to thank the op of this thread. I got a used copy of dead island with the $10 off coupon. I traded in infamous and F:NV as well. All together I paid 10.~ for dead island. Thanks!

#522 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

I just want to thank the op of this thread. I got a used copy of dead island with the $10 off coupon. I traded in infamous and F:NV as well. All together I paid 10.~ for dead island. Thanks!

Anytime, man.

I've been super busy in general lately so it's not always 100% up to date, but after being here a while I figured it's time to contribute a little, haha.

A few new rewards this week, mostly just online passes for various games (including MK and La Noire), and a some free DLC codes. Nothing worthwhile, though.

#523 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

The coupon is still available for me. It's not listed as the SOTW, but it's still 6000 pts

Confirmed - either a glitch or a permanent "price drop."

#524 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

A day late, but new SotW. $5 off Assassin's Creed games for 2k points. Meh... only good if you're getting one of the cheap ones if you haven't played them before.

A few new rewards, mostly Call of Duty stuff, and a couple posters (Skyward Sword and Space Marine). Also a new Grab Bag, but this time it's up to 17,490 points. Too much for me to gamble with.

#525 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

I have enough points for $15 off any purchase. I saw El Shaddai is $30 at GS right now. Debating getting a new copy for $15...

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#526 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

BUMP. Check your Active Offers link. I have two new ones. The 20% pre-owned accessory coupon is tempting. I'll have to see what i still need.

EXPIRES
11/30/2011 30% Trade Bonus on Any Games Traded
11/30/2011 20% Off One Pre-owned Game or Pre-owned Accessory

#527 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

eh was there ever a 50% off guides? if so did it stack with pur

#528 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

BUMP. Check your Active Offers link. I have two new ones. The 20% pre-owned accessory coupon is tempting. I'll have to see what i still need.

EXPIRES

Im assuming that 30% coupon doesnt stack with the 50% deal that going on in my area right now huh
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#529 debbter

debbter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

can someone please send me a copy of the 30 percent trade in or 20 percent off used coupon? i am trying to replicate the offer in my area, and the gamestop corp rep needs a copy of the deal to make one for me...pm me with you email ,and i'll send back mine..

Edited by debbter, 19 November 2011 - 06:34 PM.
grammar...

#530 gn2007

gn2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

steal of the week is 1500 points for 25% more on trade it but im more intrested on the front page talking about 10 dollars off 30 dollars from TGIF if anyone can get more info would be helpful

#531 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:19 AM

Question...one of the rewards is a free Game Guide value up to $20. Do you think I can use that on a guide that's more expensive and pay the difference? Or can I only use the coupon for a guide that costs less than $20?

#532 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

EXPIRES

Sorry for the quote of an older post but I had a question.

I'm relatively new to PUR, but are active offers for everyone?

I could totally use that 30% trade coupon, but nothing is showing up in my Active Offers.

If any awesome CAgs had an unused one to send me would it even work on my account?

thanks a ton guys!

evophile.pngevophile.png

#533 Brawl96

Brawl96

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Does anyone know if I get the 25$ off any gamestop purchase, can i use it on an existing pre order? like if the game is 60$, i put 5$, can i use the coupon to get it to 30$?

#534 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Does anyone know if I get the 25$ off any gamestop purchase, can i use it on an existing pre order? like if the game is 60$, i put 5$, can i use the coupon to get it to 30$?

More likely than not yes you can. It would be at the time of pickup though.

Next time try this forum.

http://www.cheapassg...isplay.php?f=14

Edited by Greatwhitecoley, 09 September 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#535 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

No it has to be for a purchase. Put down the minimum for the preorder then when you pick it up you can use the coupon to drop the amount of what you owe.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#536 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

No it has to be for a purchase. Put down the minimum for the preorder then when you pick it up you can use the coupon to drop the amount of what you owe.

This. You can also use multiple coupons ($xx off). Does not work with percentage off coupons, and you can not use same amount coupons in the same transaction.

IE. You can use a $25 off and a $10 off, but not 2 x $25 off in one transaction.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#537 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

What do you folks use your points on? I have about 21k and I'm thinking about getting a chatpad or maybe a smaller sized 360 controller for my son to use.

#538 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Im thinking about getting a 3DSXL now that I know I can stack different $ off coupons. So that would be a $50, 25, 10, 5 off.

Sitting on 132,000 points. Was thinking about just getting PSN cards and selling them, but a 3DSXL might be better.

#539 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

What do you folks use your points on? I have about 21k and I'm thinking about getting a chatpad or maybe a smaller sized 360 controller for my son to use.

I have a chatpad and I never use it. Now, I never use the facebook feature or really anything else except use my 360 for games. No movies, ESPN, messaging, HBO GO, etc.

Plus, the chatpad makes the controller back heavy and it was more a comfort/annoyance factor for me.

If you really think your son would like it, I would try to find an XBL
Starter Pack (12 months of Live, 400 MS Points, and a chatpad). MS Store has them for about $55.
http://www.microsoft...b3-001b2166becc

You can also sometimes find older versions of this pack (12 months of Live, PGR4, and chatpad) clearanced (Sears? K-Mart? - can't remember) for $40 - $50. Not bad for a subscription plus all the other goodies.

As far as spending my points, I usually buy coupons for money off used games or a Steal of the Week.

#540 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for the input on the chatpad. I hate how slow inputting messages is with the default controller. Even changing character names in a game becomes a chore.

I ignore so many messages because I don't want to waste a couple minutes with each reply. I'm hoping the pad fixes all that.

Also thinking about a wired controller that I could use on the pc and hopefully is smaller in size for my sons tiny hands.