Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

#31 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

Oh right, it's 10 points not 20 for trade ins. Then yea there is no way... Thanks.

Are you sure? I could have swore it was 20 points for both trade ins and purchasing pre-owned games. It's only 10 points for new stuff, I believe.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#32 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Posted Image

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#33 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

It is 20 points for trade-ins. That's why you have to trade in and spend $190, or just trade in $375.

#34 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

I racked up over 20k points from the last BBV B1G1 sale. Assuming the trade-in values are anywhere near what they were last month, I imagine I will be able to do the same. This is an excellent coupon if you have the points to spare and have access to multiple BBV's.

Posted Image

#35 cshamilton

cshamilton

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

I have 51,387 lifetime points, and 22,045 now. I got like 6 or 8 of the $10 off for 4,000 points coupons. I think they were one of the first ones offered. Glad I did with all this garbage they keep throwing out there.

My membership expires tomorrow, does anyone know if I lose all my points if I don't go to gamestop today and renew?

#36 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

I have 51,387 lifetime points, and 22,045 now. I got like 6 or 8 of the $10 off for 4,000 points coupons. I think they were one of the first ones offered. Glad I did with all this garbage they keep throwing out there.

My membership expires tomorrow, does anyone know if I lose all my points if I don't go to gamestop today and renew?

points stay but you're downgraded in membership.

#37 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

The power up rewards catalog should be more robust, not many good things to cash in the points on and the good stuff they do have cost to many points. I did however get a hdmi cord for my 360 for 5600 or so points. I could have gotten one for 7 dollars online but I didn't want the points to just collect dust so at least I got something usefull out of it ( cant beleave gamestop charges 29.99 for a hdmi cord lmao ).
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#38 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

The power up rewards catalog should be more robust, not many good things to cash in the points on and the good stuff they do have cost to many points. I did however get a hdmi cord for my 360 for 5600 or so points. I could have gotten one for 7 dollars online but I didn't want the points to just collect dust so at least I got something usefull out of it ( cant beleave gamestop charges 29.99 for a hdmi cord lmao ).

Meritline has HDMI cables (6 feet) for $1.50 on occasion.

#39 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

FYI the 50% extra coupon that's the steal this week has an expiration of July 17.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#40 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

If you haven't already you can sign up at Kongergate.com and get 275 points. All you have to do is link your account.

http://www.kongregate.com/

Thank you for that. This put me over 8000 so I can get a $10 off pre-owned game coupon. Oh, and Mets rock. I'm an avid Mets fan, however humiliating it gets.

#41 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

i wish I would have had the points I have now when they had the 4000 points for $10 off. This 7500 for +50% is terrible. I dont understand why anyone would get this. Isnt there a free +40% coupon going on the first week of july at gamestop anyway?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#42 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

i wish I would have had the points I have now when they had the 4000 points for $10 off. This 7500 for +50% is terrible. I dont understand why anyone would get this. Isnt there a free +40% coupon going on the first week of july at gamestop anyway?

The best answer I can come up with is a strategic use of this type of coupon. GS is (seemingly) widely known to drop TIV just before "for everyone" 40-50% trade in bonus specials. So if you bought this now, but used it in a couple months just before another one of those specials, and had some higher TIV games, you could get in on the 50% before they dropped the TIVs.

I remember being excited about the 50% bonus back in Feb, was gonna TI ME2 since the base value was 32 - figured 48 was bank since i paid 40...but when the special started, they dropped TIV to 20, so I would only get 30 (32 w/ PUR) - back to where i started.

if i had this coupon, would have been a 16 bonus in trade, on a single game. stack that on multiple games? whew.

that said, i'm incapable of this type of pre-planning or patience. and i dont have enough points. haha.

#43 rocko34

rocko34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

Yeah , I am still holding judnment on the steal of the week. I was expecting this weeks %50 extra coupon was going to be 2-3,000, but 7500 is crazy. Ill just save my points as Gamestop always has some sort of trade in bonus going. Now having said that last weeks reward was a steal, both Zeldas for 19.99? That was great and hopefully they will more like those. The Halo 3 SOTW was another good one that did not cost alot of points.

#44 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

I actually think some of the swag is better to get then these discount codes. Some of it actually has decent value to it.

#45 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

Thank you for that. This put me over 8000 so I can get a $10 off pre-owned game coupon. Oh, and Mets rock. I'm an avid Mets fan, however humiliating it gets.

No problem dude, glad i could help a fellow Mets fan ;)

#46 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

The best items on the rewards page are the promo items typically handed out for preorders and midnight openings. The Fallout New Vegas launch kit they had for 12k points has been going for over $100 on Ebay. I'm really glad I nabbed one.

Posted Image

#47 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thats pretty cheap of gamestop, ESPECIALLY considering that 40% bonus trade in deal starts in 4 days <_<
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

The best items on the rewards page are the promo items typically handed out for preorders and midnight openings. The Fallout New Vegas launch kit they had for 12k points has been going for over $100 on Ebay. I'm really glad I nabbed one.

I'm really not glad I didn't. Ugh. They disappeared FAST.

#49 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

I have a bunch of points to spend at the moment, and it seems like the deals of the week aren't getting any better. Anyone have any recommendations as to physical items they've gotten and were actually pleased?

#50 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:44 AM

I have a bunch of points to spend at the moment, and it seems like the deals of the week aren't getting any better. Anyone have any recommendations as to physical items they've gotten and were actually pleased?

The hdmi cord I mentioned earlier in the thread i am pleased with. I know they are really cheap online but at least I put my points towards something ( still have some left ). if you have an hdmi cord or two then there isn't any other physical item I can recomend to you honestly
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#51 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

The hdmi cord I mentioned earlier in the thread i am pleased with. I know they are really cheap online but at least I put my points towards something ( still have some left ). if you have an hdmi cord or two then there isn't any other physical item I can recomend to you honestly

Unfortunately I have an abundance of HDMI cords, as they are ridiculously cheap online and I picked some up from BBV on clearance a couple weeks ago. I have no idea what I'm going to do with 3 25-foot HDMI cords, but for under $2 a pop, I'll gladly allow them to collect dust for the future.

I was thinking more along the lines of the gamer swag and whatnot. Some seem pretty cool, but it's always hit or miss when you actually get it in person if it's worth the points you paid for.

#52 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

wow, and i remember passing up on that cus the items looked cheap to me, should've checked ebay.... i had enough points too, and am not doing anything with them... bummer :cry:

#53 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

How many lifetime points do you guys/gals have?

#54 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

how many lifetime points do you guys/gals have?

Their customer service for this is terrible though and I know there are transactions which are not on my list of activity...not sure if the games just didn't show up but the points still did or what. However every time I try to figure it out they turn it into this long "well you need to talk to THIS person...oh sorry, no, THAT person was who you needed...oh I'm sorry I meant this other person"...ARGH!

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#55 Darkhate

Darkhate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

I started on 5/21/2011 I have a total of 10240 life time points

#56 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

I started May 29th, 2010 and have 54,271 lifetime points.

#57 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

I was able to use my 20% birthday coupon from power up rewards on a PSP yesterday. I'm sure it is YMMV, but if anyone has one laying around you might be able to use it on a used console.

#58 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Started on 10/19/10 and have 43,697 lifetime (30,887 currently)

#59 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

38.934 lifetime; not sure of my start date, but I guess it's about a year prior to my last renewal, so March 2010. Also just found out I can see my trade credit balance on there, sweet.
Posted Image

#60 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Don't remember the start date, but I have 91,234 lifetime points and 10,234 currently.