Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

#91 Legit HC

Legit HC

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

Does anyone know how we can get the coupon for the $30 towards Madden 11 in exchange for NCAA 12?
If you want a lockerz invite, pm me.

#92 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

Does anyone know how we can get the coupon for the $30 towards Madden 11 in exchange for NCAA 12?

I'm not sure what coupon you're talking about. The Steal of the Week is an extra 50% bonus on 2011 games traded toward NCAA 12. So if you traded in Madden 11 towards NCAA 12 you'd get an extra 50% credit (60% if you're PUR pro), but that's still not nearly $30.

#93 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

Wrong Place to ask this but i doubt that the code thread would accept this? Can anyone trade me a coupon for $10 off a gamecube, ps2, or xbox? Im willing to trade for said coupon. I didn't have enough points to get it.

Depending on what you had to trade, I'd be interested. However, pulled from the PUR FAQ:

Spoiler

I think coupons DO work on other accounts, although I'm not 100% positive. Although I'm sure they can track them if they want to, and the last thing I need is to get in trouble with Gamestop. I have too many PUR points and credit to lose, haha.

#94 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

$3 in PSN credit are back for 3080 points, redeem them now...

Do they run out quick? I don't necessarily need PSN credit, but I ordered $6 anyway. I just wish they'd do the same for Microsoft Points.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#95 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

New Steal of the Week is up, and as with the recent trend... it's terrible.

Get Assassin's Creed 1 + 2 + Brotherhood for $49.99. The coupon is supposed to cost 500 points according to the ad on the homepage, but it's 1000 in the rewards section.

It mentions nothing about whether these are new or used, but I'm sure they're used since no one carries the first two games new anymore.

A terrible "steal" once again. Used prices:
360 versions: AC ($8) + AC2 ($18) + AC:B ($27) = $53
PS3 versions: AC ($10) + AC2 ($18) + AC:B ($27) = $55

You save a measley THREE DOLLARS on all three games combined if you use this for the 360 versions. It goes up to a whole 5 if you get the PS3 versions :roll:

And then, of course, even if you are interested, you have to find a Gamestop that has all three games in stock since you have to purchase them in one transaction.

#96 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

i'm almost interested, if the price was right. (like, $40 tops). 'cept i already have AC1, i need AC2 and brotherhood, have Revolutions preordered. why can't they get these coupons right? $3 savings? *sigh

edit: actually, even $40 would be a bit steep, lol. definitely a pass for me

#97 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

psn cards are OOS already

#98 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

For the Gamestop app, did anyone have trouble logging in? Reviews and my personal experience have an error saying credentials are wrong with they are certainly right.

I could REALLY use the extra 70 points to get a $5 coupon...

Thanks!

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#99 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

I'd use this coupon if it included the collector's editions of the Assassin's Creed trilogy.

#100 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

I could of sworn the assassins creed used bundle was like 58.xx or something like that after PUR in store.

#101 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

I picked up the deluxe versions of all 3 on PC during the Steam Sale for under $28 - all the DLC available for each game :\ Sure looks pretty. Come on Gamestop.
Posted Image

#102 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥ Gunner4eva ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

There is a Harry Potter Lego T-Shirt that's part of the rewards package that i'd love to buy from someone who has PUR points to spare. Shoot me a pm if have some points you wouldn't mind parting with

heavyd814eva.png

#103 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

Is the assassin creed deal for new copies or just used?

#104 SuperSonic128

SuperSonic128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

There is a Harry Potter Lego T-Shirt that's part of the rewards package that i'd love to buy from someone who has PUR points to spare. Shoot me a pm if have some points you wouldn't mind parting with

PMed.

#105 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

For the Gamestop app, did anyone have trouble logging in? Reviews and my personal experience have an error saying credentials are wrong with they are certainly right.

I could REALLY use the extra 70 points to get a $5 coupon...

Thanks!

Are you already linked to Kongregate? That'll get you the points you need in a jiffy.

Even if you are, you should be able to pick up the 70 points you need just by getting the badge of the day every day for about a week.

#106 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

Nano Hexbugs were added today at 9,000 points apiece.

Never heard of them before, but a quick google search leads me to believe they're just some new fad for children. They do look kindof neat in mass quantities, but at nearly 10 bucks each, pretty ridiculous. But you know kids will want them anyway...

#107 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Are you already linked to Kongregate? That'll get you the points you need in a jiffy.

Even if you are, you should be able to pick up the 70 points you need just by getting the badge of the day every day for about a week.

Will do!

Thank you! Don't know why I didn't think about that...

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#108 gerst19

gerst19

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

Is the assassin creed deal for new copies or just used?

I am wondering the same thing.

#109 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

I am wondering the same thing.

Considering it doesn't specify I wonder if you could work it both ways

#110 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

it's gamestop, it's used. i dont even think you'd be able to find new copies of all 3 at most gamestops.

#111 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

meh I just picked up brother hoood for under $15 shipped from gohastings!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#112 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥ Gunner4eva ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

heavyd814eva.png

#113 JustinSaneV2

JustinSaneV2

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

#114 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

Cool I will go to GS and buy something for the P'Zone thanks man!!!! JK I got mine yesterday. The LE edition only comes with extra 4 maps and that's it?

#115 Npat12

Npat12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

The deal is up today. Is this series worth it. I know your not saving much, but am considering it.

#116 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

The deal is up today. Is this series worth it. I know your not saving much, but am considering it.

The series is great except for assassins freeze part one. One of the glitchiest games ive ever played. It it will freeze on you at least 6 times during Your playthrough (i had 9 freeze ups) as for the game, the beggers and crazed men will drive you insaine to the point where you want to put Your head in burning sand. Oh and the investigation missions suck bad and are pointless. Now for the other two, those are by far superior in every way 10 fold. Just force yourself through the first one for the story (its worth it)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#117 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

I hated the first one after about 2 hours, but the second one was great. Never played the third one, but heard its even better than part 2.

#118 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Actually I believe this is last week's deal, they don't post new deals until monday. I thought AC1 was repetitive, ACII was fantastic and ACB is feature-wise the best but I preferred the setting and story of II plus I don't really like the yearly installment idea

#119 Npat12

Npat12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

Actually I believe this is last week's deal, they don't post new deals until monday. I thought AC1 was repetitive, ACII was fantastic and ACB is feature-wise the best but I preferred the setting and story of II plus I don't really like the yearly installment idea

In my acct. Its still giving me the option to get the steal of the week. So if I spent my 500 pts now. I wouldnt be able to go into gamestop and get the AC series if it has ended.

#120 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

In my acct. Its still giving me the option to get the steal of the week. So if I spent my 500 pts now. I wouldnt be able to go into gamestop and get the AC series if it has ended.

The Steal of the Week runs from Monday to Sunday. The Assassin's Creed coupon is still available.

Redeeming your points just gives you a coupon. Just because the SotW is ending, doesn't mean the coupon is expiring. The coupon should be valid for at least a couple weeks after you get it. You don't have to run out and use it today.