Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

#121 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

Has anyone used the coupon yet?

#122 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

What if you pre-ordered Battlefield 3 prior to july 18th, do u still get the strategy guide?
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#123 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Yeah brahs, I pre-ordered my BF3 a couple months back. I want my free strategy guide. Gonna bug the bros at my GameStop.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#124 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, I need to do the same. I forgot to the last time I was in my GS. Probably not even going to pick up BF3, but if I do I want my extras!

#125 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

So...if I pre-ordered BF3 a while back, do I need to cancel and re-pre-order?

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#126 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

wow, playing kongregate for gamestop pur points is like dripping water torture.
i have found some fun games, but wow, so little points for badge of the days!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#127 zeonmx

zeonmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

Just to let you guys know, the whole free p'zone deal is a sham. When you get the email confirmation for free p'zone and click to redeem it, it does nothing. Even if you add pizza and p'zone, it doesn't void the p'zone price on the confirmation menu.

#128 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

Next weeks deal is shit.

2000 points for extra 50% wii / 3ds / ds game trade ins..

facepalm.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#129 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

Just a heads up, Gs is offering a digital copy not the hard copy of the guide... Why not use gamefaqs(??)

#130 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:25 AM

Next weeks deal is shit.

2000 points for extra 50% wii / 3ds / ds game trade ins..

facepalm.

Wow, thanks Gamestop! I was really hoping you'd let me pay for something I already get for free.

WISH GRANTED.

#131 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

It's really amazing how the steal of the week started off great and then became.....this.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#132 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

wow, playing kongregate for gamestop pur points is like dripping water torture.
i have found some fun games, but wow, so little points for badge of the days!

Yeah, I was trying to go that route, but gave up. Are there any other ways to earn points besides buying stuff from Gamestop?

#133 heartagram311

heartagram311

In Tyler We Trust

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

Has anyone else not had PUR points add on to their account since the beginning of this week? I got a copy of RDR:Undead Nightmare on Saturday, as well as traded some games in on Monday, but the last activity on my card shows 7/18. I know they utilized my PUR as I gave them my number and it shows on the receipt.

#134 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

Has anyone else not had PUR points add on to their account since the beginning of this week? I got a copy of RDR:Undead Nightmare on Saturday, as well as traded some games in on Monday, but the last activity on my card shows 7/18. I know they utilized my PUR as I gave them my number and it shows on the receipt.

it takes awhile fo them to add it. Can anyone tell me where i would put a $5 off coupon from PUR on a online purchase. I want to get Bloodstone for $10 but with my coupon it will be 5 with tax. Please help me out.

#135 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

Me too... bought games and traded in stuff on Saturday and has not posted to my account yet.

#136 heartagram311

heartagram311

In Tyler We Trust

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Me too... bought games and traded in stuff on Saturday and has not posted to my account yet.

Okay, good deal. At least I know I'm not the only person who was having trouble with points not being added.

#137 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

Thank you for confirming this! I am glad I'm not the only one! I did a TON of trading and buying Thursday and Sunday and no points have been added and I was freaking out so I called them and this is what I got.

CS: Hello?

Me: Yes, hi! I'm having problems with the Powerup Rewards site.

CS: And what is the nature of your problem?

Me: I did some trading and purchases this past weekend and points haven't been added to my account yet and I was looking forward to getting this game this week and would like to pick up a coupon to make it cheaper.

CS: Okay, hold.

Me: Okay.

CS: *hangs up*

They did it twice.

#138 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

I haven't gotten my points added either, traded in > $100 worth of stuff last saturday. just went to order something on GameStop.com though and looked in my wallet for my powerup rewards card, it's not there. guessing i forgot it in the store, or they never handed it back to me. i started to worry maybe the trade-in didn't go thru (since I haven't received any points since) , but luckily i have the receipt. unfortunately i have to go 15-20 minutes out of my way to go get my card... blah

#139 JustinSaneV2

JustinSaneV2

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

What if you pre-ordered Battlefield 3 prior to july 18th, do u still get the strategy guide?

Anyone have confirmation on this?

#140 just4socom

just4socom

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

Has anyone come across this PUR trade in value list?

http://www.powerupre...jLTuhOYUwyA====

I cant seem to find the PUR trade in list on the homepage anywhere.

The deals are

Trade 2 select games, get any pre-owned game ($54.99) free
Trade 2 select games, get any game ($59.99) free
Trade 2 select games, get select game you've pre-orderd for free

Someone posted this link on the SOCOM . com forums....Can anyone confirm this works? This deal Expires on 7/31.

#141 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

The deals are

Someone posted this link on the SOCOM . com forums....Can anyone confirm this works? This deal Expires on 7/31.

wow that's awesome, if only it didnt expire in a couple days ._.

and i dont see why it wouldn't work, it says it all right there.

#142 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

And WTH is Bad Company 2 doing on that list???? That game was 15 base. If you could trade that with something would awesome.

How come Homefront is on there for PS3 but not Xbox??

#143 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

DKCR is 24.99 at Blockbuster too. Only $10 off a new game that way, but still something.

#144 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

Borderlands GOTY is also on there for those that grabbed it at Best Buy for 9.99. Damn wish I had grabbed a copy.

#145 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

Borderlands GOTY is also on there for those that grabbed it at Best Buy for 9.99. Damn wish I had grabbed a copy.

I grabbed 3 copies and sold all 3. Would have been nice to have a few for this deal though.

Too bad most of the games on that list can net more than $30 in credit so it's not really worth it. The games would need to have a base value in the mid teens to be worth it.

#146 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

Yeah Bad Company 2 and Borderlands GOTY are the 2 I noticed. Borderlands GOTY is still on sale for 9.99

I was kinda hoping Homefront was on there for 360 tho. I bought a Bad Company 2 from Blockbuster Video during the last B1G1 and they put Homefront in there for 360.

#147 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

The deals are

Holy shit, MvC3 is on that list. If anyone else wants to dump their copy since the TIV is absolute shit now, now is the time! Since this can be used on pre-orders, this could be epic.

I just don't know what second game I could dump... hmm. Quite a chunk of those games are special editions that GS resells for ridiculous prices or games that have been out for a while with a somewhat high MSRP, guess they're trying to restock.

I'd recommend dumping DNF and MvC3, to those of you who have it, since DNF's price is sinking like a stone anyways.
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#148 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

It says "Coupon must be surrendered upon use" which means there's a coupon that goes along with this site. It was probably emailed out to a limited amount of PUR members. Lame, because some goodness could be had out of this.

#149 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

Also note that there are a bunch of other pages up with similar offers (although none say anything at the bottom like the other one did:

#150 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

It says "Coupon must be surrendered upon use" which means there's a coupon that goes along with this site. It was probably emailed out to a limited amount of PUR members. Lame, because some goodness could be had out of this.

Just noticed that, does anyone know the exact details regarding this?
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.