Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

#151 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, they send coupons to anyone that preordered/recently purchased at least one of those games and you print out the coupon and take it in. I got one the other day for MvC3.

#152 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, they send coupons to anyone that preordered/recently purchased at least one of those games and you print out the coupon and take it in. I got one the other day for MvC3.

Oh, how soon would I get the coupon then? I'd really like to get rid of vanilla MvC3 while I can.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#153 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

About a week after you either buy the game or the game comes out or they add the game to the list. As soon as you get the coupon you have to trade it in though, because I bought AC: Brotherhood 3 weeks ago, got the coupon for that a week later and it was literally taken off the list the next day.

#154 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

About a week after you either buy the game or the game comes out or they add the game to the list. As soon as you get the coupon you have to trade it in though, because I bought AC: Brotherhood 3 weeks ago, got the coupon for that a week later and it was literally taken off the list the next day.

Well, this promotion ends the 31st, so I guess I'm screwed, ey?

I would have gladly traded in MvC3 Vanilla and Borderlands: GotY for a free (aside from $5) copy of AC: Revelations' Signature Edition. That's a pretty solid deal, imo.

#155 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

I doubt it's actually going to end, the games will just get updated on the list. It's been the same deal for months, I get emails for it pretty often.

#156 RColaUAB

RColaUAB

CAG-tastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

In the "General Info" of the first post it mentions that you get a B2G1 coupon upon enrollment in Power Up Rewards Pro. Where do I find this coupon? or was it something they were supposed to give me in store? Thanks!
19291.png

#157 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

In the "General Info" of the first post it mentions that you get a B2G1 coupon upon enrollment in Power Up Rewards Pro. Where do I find this coupon? or was it something they were supposed to give me in store? Thanks!

You have to go home and log onto the PUR site. After you register your account that you received in store then you can use the points to purchase stuff. When you log in there will be a section for your promo's and it will be under there.

#158 RColaUAB

RColaUAB

CAG-tastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

You have to go home and log onto the PUR site. After you register your account that you received in store then you can use the points to purchase stuff. When you log in there will be a section for your promo's and it will be under there.

Is it under "My Account --> Active Offers" because I'm not seeing anything there? I don't see any section for my promotions.
19291.png

#159 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Me too... bought games and traded in stuff on Saturday and has not posted to my account yet.

My purchases and trade-ins from this weekend finally posted

#160 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Is it under "My Account --> Active Offers" because I'm not seeing anything there? I don't see any section for my promotions.

Yeah that's where its supposed to be, when did you register? It might be too soon for it to show up (I think mine came about a week afterwards), or if you did it a while back it may have expired already.

Here's my question: is the B2G1 coupon supposed to disappear from your active offers after you used it? I re-upped back in June and already used my coupon but I still see one in my active offers page.

#161 RColaUAB

RColaUAB

CAG-tastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

Yeah that's where its supposed to be, when did you register? It might be too soon for it to show up (I think mine came about a week afterwards), or if you did it a while back it may have expired already.

Here's my question: is the B2G1 coupon supposed to disappear from your active offers after you used it? I re-upped back in June and already used my coupon but I still see one in my active offers page.

ah- Thanks! I just registered yesterday so it probably just needs a few days to show up. I don't know why I would expect GS to be quick about anything :lol:
19291.png

#162 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

I doubt it's actually going to end, the games will just get updated on the list. It's been the same deal for months, I get emails for it pretty often.

This would be great if I wasn't concerned MvC3's life on that list was very limited, and I can't imagine Borderlands: GotY will be there much longer either.

#163 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

This would be great if I wasn't concerned MvC3's life on that list was very limited, and I can't imagine Borderlands: GotY will be there much longer either.

I'd think that MvC3 will stay and Borderlands will go. MvC3 hasn't been on the list that long.

#164 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

I'd think that MvC3 will stay and Borderlands will go. MvC3 hasn't been on the list that long.

http://www.gamestop....wo-worlds/77728

i'm doubting it'll stay much longer as they're selling it for less than $25 after edge, meaning anyone could buy two copies and trade them in towards a pre-order or whatever, i'd personally love to be able to go in with one of the games i have, grab a copy of MvC3 and be able to trade the 2 in towards one of my pre-orders.. but i dont have the coupon and not sure if i should risk getting MvC3 only for it to be taken off the eligible titles

#165 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

I don't know, Borderlands GOTY stayed on there even during the special sale where it was $20 new and they had the same preorder deal.

#166 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

I just want this friggin' coupon already, aghhh. Why is it so hard to distribute one coupon per account?

#167 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

How do you get the trade 2 for the $59.99 game coupon? I'd like to do this.

#168 Hershey07

Hershey07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

Just came back from GS, apparently you need a coupon code :\

#169 wwerate

wwerate

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

Does anyone know what happened to the 3 dollar psn thing.

#170 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:34 AM

Does anyone know what happened to the 3 dollar psn thing.

I have one if you want to trade for it? Sorry if this is spam just want to know if he might want it?

#171 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

you guys think ill be able to use a $5 off coupon on the "gold" membership of GS. I don't know the offical name for it.

#172 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

you guys think ill be able to use a $5 off coupon on the "gold" membership of GS. I don't know the offical name for it.

5$ off the Power Up Rewards Pro account (silver card) renewal? I would think so, but given that it specifies item... that may be your block.

As for the $3 PSN code... I still show them as available, just be sure to check under "all rewards" instead of "new rewards" and it should pop up in the 3000 pt range.

I really wish I could get some of those coupons myself, particularly that trade 2 for a used title. My GS has a few (I'd be happy with getting one) that I would love to pick up with trades :P

#173 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

Updated OP. Sorry, was on vacation over the weekend :)

It's about time they had a decent coupon!

#174 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

I also just noticed that they added some new rewards, including PS3 controllers (both Sony and Gamestop versions), XBL/Wii/Facebook/WoW points/time cards, Gears of War Band-Aids (really? ..... yet I'm tempted) and...

PowerUp Rewards Grab Bag

Very intriguing... but with how PUR has been lately, I don't know if I want to risk it.

#175 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:58 AM

They DID add quite a bit off stuff. I kind fo wish they6 have a Zelda hat or a wallet for the 8500 point.... I am not too keen on a 3D poster lol.

#176 killerthrust

killerthrust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:31 AM

willing to part with a BUY2G1 free coupon or a 10 dollar off a pre own game for 6 bucks if anyone is interested. Not gonna use my power up points anyway

#177 sbaker44

sbaker44

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

I also just noticed that they added some new rewards, including PS3 controllers (both Sony and Gamestop versions), XBL/Wii/Facebook/WoW points/time cards, Gears of War Band-Aids (really? ..... yet I'm tempted) and...

PowerUp Rewards Grab Bag

Very intriguing... but with how PUR has been lately, I don't know if I want to risk it.

Oh no! I'm a sucker for grab bags...must....resist...[-(

#178 BullsOeye

BullsOeye

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

i saw this today and was tempted to get it but i dont want to risk it

#179 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

can I buy this steal and sell it to someone else?
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#180 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

I think so, I'm not sure, though. I know I've given my girlfriend coupons before and she's able to use them without my card.