Best Launcher?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Ok, so I'm curious what launcher everyone is using.

I have a Dell Streak and the default is the Dell Stage, didn't really like

I now use Launcher Pro.

I've tried GO Launcher EX and I like it, I just didn't feel like resetting it all up....it seems similar to LauncherPro anyways.

Launcher7 is a Windows Phone clone....not my favorite, but neat.

So, what does everyone like/use?

#2 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

I'm running stock Android, and the basic launcher is juuuuust fine. Don't know why every manufacturer feels the need to crap it up.

#3 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

I stick with sense. Would like 3.0 or hell even 2.1. Don't really like any of the other launchers. Thought about checking out spbshell but it does not work on the EVO 4G with Gingerbread and I don't want to pay 15 bucks for a launcher.
Posted Image

#4 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:09 AM

ADW EX. I used LP for a while but ADW seems smoother to me, plus it does themes as well.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5 RockinTheRedDog

RockinTheRedDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

I'm using Zeam on my Samsung Captivate. Love the dock...very minimalist which is what I like.

#6 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

I am also using zeam on my Droid. Seems quicker than the other launchers I used before.
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#7 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

I just switched to Go Launcher EX. Seems a bit nicer than LP, plus they actually update the software often. Since I downloaded, there have been at least 3-4 updates.

I will look at this ZEAM also.

*EDIT*
Tried Zeam, I keep getting Force Closes on my Dell Streak 5". Seems like anytime I try to add something to the "desktop" or screens (like Shortcut/app/etc) it closes.

So far, I like Go Launcher EX....except for the HORRIBLE text size in the app drawer. Any fix for that?

Edited by doubledown, 14 July 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#8 Bustamante

Bustamante

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

Using ADW launcher now on CyanogenMod... but i think im going back to LP.... I dont know if it is actually better or if im just used to it by now.

#9 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

I just switched to Go Launcher EX. Seems a bit nicer than LP, plus they actually update the software often. Since I downloaded, there have been at least 3-4 updates.

I will look at this ZEAM also.

*EDIT*
Tried Zeam, I keep getting Force Closes on my Dell Streak 5". Seems like anytime I try to add something to the "desktop" or screens (like Shortcut/app/etc) it closes.

So far, I like Go Launcher EX....except for the HORRIBLE text size in the app drawer. Any fix for that?

I think if you hit the menu button when in the app drawer you can go into the settings for it. I remember doing that with one of the launchers.
Posted Image

#10 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

Looks like AMAZON AppStore has a free launcher as the App of the Day. I've yet to try it, but I did D/L for future use. Reviews seemed lackluster.

#11 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

I'm happy with my Sense 3.0 ROM. Might try other launchers out again when that gets old.
Posted Image

#12 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

I use ADW EX, best from what I've seen.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#13 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

I'm still using Go Launcher. I've noticed that and Zeam get the most updates since I have them all installed currently, but default to Go Launcher. Maybe time to try ADW again.

#14 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Go Launcher Ex is my current launcher. Updated often and nice features all around.

New sig coming soon.

#15 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

For phones I prefer GO Launcher EX and for Tablets I use VTL.Launcher.

The major problem I've found, at least for tablets, is that the vast majority of launchers are made for phones with maybe a bit of support for tablets and almost none mimic a desktop environment.

That's why I like VTL. Sadly it hasn't been updated in ages. (older free version (1.6.5)| newer paid version (1.7.0)...it's $2.99)

Here's how I have my Kindle Fire set up:
Posted Image
sudo mklove

#16 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

Where did you get that background. Also I didn't think the android market came on the Kindle Fire.
Posted Image

#17 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

I arranged the background from Dave Rapoza's awesome TMNT artwork. (I might do a larger one since the Fire is only 1024x600)

Yeah my Fire is rooted with Android 4.x on it (a Fire tweaked AOKP build that I've been further customizing to be exact).

edit: Made a 1920x1080 version.

Edited by Fell Open Ian, 07 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

sudo mklove

#18 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Wow he has some nice skill. Also good job putting it all together. I was hoping you might have downloaded it like that from some place. I would like to have it for my computer.
Posted Image