Gamersgate Deals - All about GamersGate sale

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#31 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

Anybody having a hard time registering on Steam. It keeps telling me the Steam server is unavailable. It's been doing this for two hours now; but everything else keeps working fine. I even bought MoH from Steam without a problem.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#32 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

Got in on the Civ V deal, thanks a lot to everyone who pointed this out.
Posted Image

#33 Bonobos

Bonobos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

When I try clicking on buy, it says my cart is empty. Am I doing something wrong?

I think its your browser problem, have you try another browser? Its still 30 minutes left though... I hope you manage it 8-)

#34 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

guys how are you getting the sale price? for me it s shows as 19.95 euros which is $27.59 USD
can someone please let me know?
thanks.

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#35 Bonobos

Bonobos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

for me it s shows as 19.95 euros which is $27.59 USD
can someone please let me know?

What game?

#36 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

Civilization V how are you guys getting it lower than 19.95 euros?

#37 Bonobos

Bonobos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Civilization V how are you guys getting it lower than 19.95 euros?

Its a daily deal for yesterday, already over now. Sorry mate you were late :)

Edit: you can check the front page for upcoming deal.

#38 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

really dumb question...
I purchased it with paypal. since I didnt see the sale price, I thought I would see it after the transaction went through. it didnt and I was charged $30 USD
I havent downloaded the game and now Im trying to get my money back through a paypal dispute.
What are the chances of getting my money back?

#39 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

really dumb question...
I purchased it with paypal. since I didnt see the sale price, I thought I would see it after the transaction went through. it didnt and I was charged $30 USD
I havent downloaded the game and now Im trying to get my money back through a paypal dispute.

0%

You were told the cost of the game during the checkout process and your assumption that there would be a different price offered at some point was never indicated to you.
Posted Image

#40 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

really dumb question...

It depends on their policy, I would e-mail support.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#41 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

mafia worth playing still?

Most Hyped For: Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV

#42 immanewb

immanewb

i haz custom?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

Wanted to give this thread a bump for a worthy deal on Dragon Age 2 being sold for $23.98:
http://www.gamersgat...O2/dragon-age-2

This deal makes Steam's today deal looking like a joke (a meager 40% off). The description says "Other DRM," so I can only assume it means EA's Origin.

#43 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Since you guys are familiar with GG I thought I'd ask here. Do real devs port Mac games as cxz? I bought some gta games from GG during a recent sale and the files were cxz wrapped games, but it doesn't seem like rockstar would actually do that. It's making me hesitant to buy stuff from GG.

#44 Bonobos

Bonobos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

Wanted to give this thread a bump for a worthy deal on Dragon Age 2 being sold for $23.98:
http://www.gamersgat...O2/dragon-age-2

This deal makes Steam's today deal looking like a joke (a meager 40% off). The description says "Other DRM," so I can only assume it means EA's Origin.

I think plenty of games which are in Steam Summer Sale 2011 already been on GG weekly sale a few weeks back.
Many of us missed that $4 Batman: GoTY , $4 Just Cause 2, $3 all of Tomb Raider franchise, $11 Civilization V, and also the cheapest price for all GTA series in GamersGate Weekly deal. I doubt this Steam Summer Sale would give us the same price or even lower than what GG already have done before. Frankly, I kinda disappointed with Steam for this summer.

Anyways, since this thread is a wiki please consider to edit the front page if you found another good deal from GG. :)

Happy holiday!

#45 Bonobos

Bonobos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

Just wanted to give another bump so CAG's could use the deal as another alternative during Steam Summer Sale 2011

#46 Bonobos

Bonobos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

Assassin Creed 2 on Ubisoft Weekly Deal!

#47 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

Since you guys are familiar with GG I thought I'd ask here. Do real devs port Mac games as cxz? I bought some gta games from GG during a recent sale and the files were cxz wrapped games, but it doesn't seem like rockstar would actually do that. It's making me hesitant to buy stuff from GG.

That is curious. GG wouldn't be doing this themselves... they get games from the publisher and sell them. They're not coders and optimizers.

Is it a good, optimized port? Assuming it was GTA: San Andreas or older, so any modern hardware should be able to muscle through even a weak port.

I guess I'd say "buyer beware", and do a little extra research if you see a game available for Mac on GG but not on Steam. If it makes you feel any better, GTA ports to PC are notoriously badly done. I imagine that being re-ported to Mac would be even worse, though.

For what it's worth, I've had very good experiences with GG. One time they gave me a free game because they'd botched their description of what was in a bundle that was on sale; people complained and *everyone* who bought the game got an upgrade to a better bundle, including me, who hadn't complained. 2nd time, I had reached an install limit on a game (from reformatting my computer frequently for work), and they gave me new install keys within an hour of my requesting them. Very nice customer service. I hope your game works out OK.

#48 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the heads up on AC II. I have yet to finish the first one but $5 is a pretty good deal.

#49 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Does anyone know what DRM is being used? I thought UBI got rid of those always-online DRM suckyness....

#50 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

I believe Ubisoft's current DRM only requires that a game launch with an internet connection. It no longer requires a constant internet connection. I own Assassin's Creed 2 (purchased directly from Ubisoft's digital download site) and this is how it behaves now. Not perfect, but since I always have a connection anyway and I only game at home it's totally fine for me. Hope that helps!

#51 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

I believe Ubisoft's current DRM only requires that a game launch with an internet connection. It no longer requires a constant internet connection. I own Assassin's Creed 2 (purchased directly from Ubisoft's digital download site) and this is how it behaves now. Not perfect, but since I always have a connection anyway and I only game at home it's totally fine for me. Hope that helps!

From the bottom of the GG site listing:

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY.

Unless this can be 1000% proven false, NO fuckING SALE!!!

EDIT: From the patch notes at Ubi.com for the latest AC2 patch: - Game can now be continued from the exact same point when connection is restored

Sounds like an always-on connection is still mandated.

Edited by DirkBelig, 11 July 2011 - 08:30 PM.
Added more info

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#52 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY.

http://www.pcgamer.c...-ubisoft-games/

For $5 I'll download a crack if it's a hassle

#53 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

For $5 I'll download a crack if it's a hassle

Why don't you buy in now and post how it works offline before the sale ends? Thanks.

#54 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

Im sure it's a pretty big download I dont think I'll get it done on time.

Seems pretty straight forward though, You still require an Internet connection to authenticate when the game is booted, everytime.

#55 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Effing retarded. Does it look that much better that I'll not want to play my X360 copy?

#56 Bonobos

Bonobos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

Effing retarded. Does it look that much better that I'll not want to play my X360 copy?

Ask some CAG users who already bought it on Steam during Summer Sale, it has the same DRM. and if you really worry about the DRM, its only $4.99 for God sake? You got the Deluxe cheaper than any digital download sale before.

#57 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

Can someone confirm that DRM only requires a connection upon booting?

And also, is the digital deluxe stuff worth the extra buck and change?

#58 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

EDIT: From the patch notes at Ubi.com for the latest AC2 patch: - Game can now be continued from the exact same point when connection is restored

Sounds like an always-on connection is still mandated.

Not quite:

So like I said, it's just upon launch of the game. The Steam forum post below mentions this as well as the fact that even Steam hasn't updated the info on their own game page.

http://forums.steamp...8&postcount=817

#59 Bonobos

Bonobos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Not quite:

So like I said, it's just upon launch of the game. The Steam forum post below mentions this as well as the fact that even Steam hasn't updated the info on their own game page.

http://forums.steamp...8&postcount=817

According to wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia....assin's_Creed_2

"The DRM was modified in December 2010 as the game no longer requires a constant Internet connection while playing. Instead, the player has to be connected to the Internet every time the game is launched"

#60 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

That's tolerable. It's pretty much how I run Steam, so being online to boot into it won't be a ball breaker. Thank you.