Buy 1, Get 1 Free 4th of July Sale at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#91 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

I want to get my friend one of those NFL controllers for his birthday, but nothing else in that sale seems appealing to me. Wanted to get Singularity for the 360, but it's sold out. The only other games that I'm remotely interested in is Majin for PS3 and Monopoly Streets for PS3, and that's really stretching it
Posted Image

#92 PopCall

PopCall

Proud Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Amazon, what happened to you.

#93 Hinoshiko

Hinoshiko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

At this point, there's really nothing good.

#94 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

picked up about 8 games thanks OP

OK, I'll bite. What 8 games?

#95 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

amazon sucks lately probably not going to buy games anymore from them.
their sales are set sail for fail.

If the occasional mediocre sale is enough to keep you from shopping with one of the best online video game retailers ever, then good riddance.

#96 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

Everything about this sale is fail. I'll be spending my money on Steam this holiday weekend.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#97 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

If the occasional mediocre sale is enough to keep you from shopping with one of the best online video game retailers ever, then good riddance.

+1. But you can't expect someone who spells his own username wrong to understand that.

I don't know why people bitch about retailers. There's always gonna be a sale sooner or later at a retailer. So just... buy it where the deal is good.

Edited by confoosious, 04 July 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#98 marvinhall05

marvinhall05

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

horrible is the word for this

#99 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

+1. But you can expect someone who spells his own username wrong to understand that.

I don't know why people bitch about retailers. There's always gonna be a sale sooner or later at a retailer. So just... buy it where the deal is good.

that would require patience sir, something a lot of people from the entitled generation tend to lack.

#100 Icehearted

Icehearted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Really really lame. Looks like the online equivalent of the unpicked crap in a discount bin on clearance.
Posted Image

#101 estofan

estofan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

I have been holding on to buying Lord of Arcana for a while now, so this BOGO "sale" works for me.

#102 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

wow, what a fail of a sale. Most of these were 1/2 price on amazon over a year ago, lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#103 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

I have been holding on to buying Lord of Arcana for a while now, so this BOGO "sale" works for me.

Not sure how much it is since I can't find it listed, but Amazon had it for $18 by itself a couple months ago. Hope you didn't get ripped off.

#104 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

Thinking about these 2 Wii games:

http://www.amazon.co...NXEHYH7CDBGRE61
http://www.amazon.co...W4486T0NFDXJMC8
Any opinions?

*BTW, I think both of these games are a waste of the earthly resources they consume being non-biodegradable plastic, the electricity wasted in manufacturing and killing at least 1 tree total for the entire production runs' worth of manuals!!

Remember when Nintendo used to have pride as to what they allowed on their consoles? What ever happened to the gold seal of approval?

#105 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

Thinking about these 2 Wii games:

http://www.amazon.co...NXEHYH7CDBGRE61
http://www.amazon.co...W4486T0NFDXJMC8
Any opinions?

*BTW, I think both of these games are a waste of the earthly resources they consume being non-biodegradable plastic, the electricity wasted in manufacturing and killing at least 1 tree total for the entire production runs' worth of manuals!!

Remember when Nintendo used to have pride as to what they allowed on their consoles? What ever happened to the gold seal of approval?

Like these?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, it just means that the game will work; it's not some indication of quality.

#106 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

Like these?

Posted Image

Yeah, it just means that the game will work; it's not some indication of quality.

Don't hate. My wife says BARBIE was super-hard.
-Michael

Posted Image

#107 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

Yeah. Here's the thing: everyone romanticizes the past but there were tons of shitty video games back then too. All the shovelware on the nintendo these days doesn't mean nintendo doesn't care (any less than they did in the NES days.) You never know if a game will be a blockbuster seller (See that Dance game) so you almost have to approve everything unless it is offensive.

So people need to stop bellyachin about all the shovelware on Nintendo. Do they suck? Sure. But it's not as if you thought a Dream Salon game from Zoo was good did you? No one is forcing you to buy these games.

#108 cametall

cametall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

Aw what happened? They had RoF on there for $26 or something but OOS. They got it back in stock, jacked the price to $30, and removed it from the sale.

I'm a sad panda...

#109 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

You mean, Barbie made Ken... Oh nevermind.

#110 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

Yeah. Here's the thing: everyone romanticizes the past but there were tons of shitty video games back then too.

^ This. LJN in particular was always fun, I can remember as a kid being psyched to play X-Men on the NES only to find it was a botched abortion of epic proportions. And that had Ninty's seal of approval. Yet, my copy of Tengen's RBI Baseball did not, and it was probably my favorite sports game from the NES.

#111 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

Aw what happened? They had RoF on there for $26 or something but OOS. They got it back in stock, jacked the price to $30, and removed it from the sale.

I'm a sad panda...

Saw that late last night as well. Tried to get it with another game but the B1G1 would not trigger. Whille RoF went back onto the list, it's product page didn't show the B1G1 promo. Oh well Amazon, no money for you!

#112 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, but she's fake. I heard her tits were plastic. :bouncy:

#113 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

^ This. LJN in particular was always fun, I can remember as a kid being psyched to play X-Men on the NES only to find it was a botched abortion of epic proportions. And that had Ninty's seal of approval. Yet, my copy of Tengen's RBI Baseball did not, and it was probably my favorite sports game from the NES.

It's true. We all remember the 10-20 NES games that have stood the test of time and really make you feel like a kid again, and forget it had about 400 other horrible games that weren't very good back then and are complete shit now.

The N64 is the same way, and I think the Wii will fall into that trap too. SNES had more good games than bad IMHO, and the Gamecube did OK too (mainly because 3rd parties abandoned Nintendo that generation...)
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#114 Lhallfin

Lhallfin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

Not sure if this is just me, but I added the Starcraft Battle Chest and Resonance of Fate to my cart and at checkout it deducted the cost of Resonance of Fate ($30) instead of Starcraft ($20), making the total $19.99 for both. Even funnier is that Starcraft isn't on the sales page put it's included in the sale.

I found one copy of RoF at kmart for 20 bucks in the value section. Best jrpg I've played in a long time.

#115 cametall

cametall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

I found one copy of RoF at kmart for 20 bucks in the value section. Best jrpg I've played in a long time.

The Kmart near me feels so dirty ... Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go take a look.

#116 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Just got my two Wii Classic Controllers. They're actually Japanese imports, don't know how I missed that fact when I bought them--the product title says "Japanese Version" now that I look at it again. They work perfectly on the American Wii, so no problem there.