Will Rocko and I meet up for an OTT photo shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wear sunglasses.

You know where Airport Square is?

It's across the street from montgomery mall, has a Best Buy, TRU, Panera, Old Navy, Doggy Style in it.

Is that near that cluster-fuck of an intersection? Seven Points or whatever it's called?

TBH I don't know my way around at all but I could use my iPhone. My mom drives everywhere since she grew up there and knows the area. We're getting a rental car on Sunday. Technically I don't think I can drive it since I'm not 21 but I'm sure no one will mind.

I would play the Solider or the other guy. The sniper guy is fun, but very focused on long range. I've never played the girl one actually.

What console did you get it for?

Munch, fun and gun is the soldier for sure (Roland)... you could probably do Lilith as well... if you're mostly playing solo, the solider is much more capable of going solo (I've played to level 7 or so with all of them, my soldier is level 40 something, I think). The soldier's turret skill is my favorite by far.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I need to finish that game, I was just starting to get the turret upgraded to where it was really kicking ass.[/QUOTE]

The skill refund and reassignment feature is really useful -- I went back and redid my stuff to match my friends characters when we started cooping -- absolutely great feature.

Liveblog time: So I was looking at Demon Souls and Singularity at Gamestop yesterday but held off on both and then I go to the Amazon video game section this morning and they're both part of a b1g1 free sale. Everything is coming up Milhouse.

People w/ Netflix - Black Death and Solitary Man are on Instant Streaming and they're both quite good.

Morning OTT.

Here I sit at work, where my theoretical 4 day weekend is turning into a 2 day weekend, if I am lucky.

Had to take the new used car back to the dealership (hooray for dealership skeleton crews on holiday weekend), aparently 2008 Mazda CX-9's have a faulty relay switch that turns on the rear AC when you shut the car off. I guess the previous owner thought that was a feature, because he never fixed it. Mrs. Number83 is getting heebeejeebees and now is worried that the car is a lemon and wants to return it.

/LeSigh
___

Demon Souls is awesome...especially the part when people enter your realm to kill you.

I was watching MLB network yesterday and during the clip of the A's game it said that July 17th is MC Hammer Bobblehead night. I know if I was in Oakland I would be all over that shit.

I was hoping to get a new air conditioner next week, but don't see that happening now. I just got asked by by dad to loan him $150 for three weeks. When money's already a bit tight for me at the moment and my car insurance is due next week.

*sigh*

I know how that goes, Jsrtryke. Life sucks. :/

New apt is dope, but my roommates keep the place freezing. Hope the electric bill isn't extremely high cause of it.

Just landed in Philly. On my old t mobile phone I didn't have to dial my home area code no matter where I was. Now I'm on Verizon and calls to my home area code won't go through unless I dial the area code. That is so so annoying and inconvenient.

I really hope this Haye v Klitschko fight will be good. It seems like it has been forever since there has been a good heavyweight fight.

My money is on Haye KO in 9.

EDIT:

Well that was fucking terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the one and only copy of EDF at my Gamestop.

Rocko, lemme know if/when you wanna meet up. Like I said I work around the Montgomery Mall area.

[quote name='seanr1221']Rocko, lemme know if/when you wanna meet up. Like I said I work around the Montgomery Mall area.[/QUOTE]
What days/times are good for you? I'll know my schedule on Monday, we're getting the rental car tomorrow.

Been busy as hell getting the house ready for the inspector so I can officially move in.

Haven't had time to play games, but have played pinball a bit.

Going up north to the lake with my parents because my Dad's friend's birthday is this weekend.

The cell phone industry is bullshit. I'll be using a cell phone as my only phone when I move, so it'll be an "electronic leash"

Will the phone industry ever fully mature like PCs did 8 years ago and reach their height?

Smartphone are a bullshit way to flog people out of their money. Just use an iPod, save yourself $50 a month. If you can't get a wifi signal, chances are you can't get smartphone reception either in the rural area.

Just beat Kirby's Epic Yarn. A nice relaxing title for the $20 I paid for it. I like too how in the later levels, there's some shmup-like action going on. Plus,
no kirby game is complete without green greens and king dedede's castle. ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Will people with unlimited data on VZW keep that if they use the new every 2 upgrade?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Everything we've been told says that unless you personally change your data plan, you won't lose it - you're grandfathered into it until you remove it from your plan.

Add tethering to it, however, and you may be SOL.

[quote name='JJSP']Yes. Everything we've been told says that unless you personally change your data plan, you won't lose it - you're grandfathered into it until you remove it from your plan.

Add tethering to it, however, and you may be SOL.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, that's why I had just upgraded. I was waiting for new phones to come out to upgrade with, then Verizon pulls out that tiered bullshit and I said fuck it and upgraded anyway, since I can get grandfathered in.

[quote name='JStryke']Just beat Kirby's Epic Yarn. A nice relaxing title for the $20 I paid for it. I like too how in the later levels, there's some shmup-like action going on. Plus,
no kirby game is complete without green greens and king dedede's castle. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a game I could enjoy. I don't like games that seem too much like work. Games should be FUN!

[quote name='JJSP']Yes. Everything we've been told says that unless you personally change your data plan, you won't lose it - you're grandfathered into it until you remove it from your plan.

Add tethering to it, however, and you may be SOL.[/QUOTE]

This makes me sad. I was totally looking for the loophole to get me out of my contract without fees... now it's here, and if I bail for another carrier, I'm either stuck with Sprint or AT&T -- while I had good experiences with AT&T, their data is already tiered, and I can't switch back to an iPhone if I go to Sprint... so I guess I'm fucking stuck. :(

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']LAME. They removed the chanting in the fire temple in OoT 3D. Gave me the chills everyone I heard it. It was awesome.[/QUOTE]

That's been gone forever, dude. Since the N64 days, even -- there are versions of the cart that have it removed. The Gamecube versions, the VC version -- all without the chanting.
Oddly enough, I know this because I just watched this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-9-pop-fiction/710815

I don't even remember the chanting, at this point -- the last time I played my cart which probably had the chanting was back in summer of 2001. My old man brain has long forgotten any chanting. :lol:

Frosty, look into the new Verizon fee increase as a way out of the contract.

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/new-fee-lets-you-break-verizon-contract-without-early-termination-fee.html

Worth a shot. :)

You can still get unlimited data on AT&T, but it takes a bit of work. Get your hands on an old 2G iPhone and SIM card and activate that on your line with iTunes. The EDGE plans only give you unlimited data for $20 and don't support the tiered plan. You should be able to switch back to the 4 and a microsim and keep the unlimite plan.

[quote name='Rocko']What days/times are good for you? I'll know my schedule on Monday, we're getting the rental car tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Monday I won't be around (obviously), Tuesday I'll be free after 2 and until 6, Wednesday after 6 and Thursday after 3:30.

[quote name='2DMention']
If you can't get a wifi signal, chances are you can't get smartphone reception either in the rural area.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the most stupid things I've ever read.

So this summer, I've tried to become more active (well, going outside more at least). And what do I get for it? I step on something the other day, and I think it may be getting infected.

I'm waiting for goozex to send me Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. I got everything else on hold and I'm 18th in line. Seems better than paying $60 for it.

[quote name='JJSP']Frosty, look into the new Verizon fee increase as a way out of the contract.

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/new-...n-contract-without-early-termination-fee.html

Worth a shot. :)

You can still get unlimited data on AT&T, but it takes a bit of work. Get your hands on an old 2G iPhone and SIM card and activate that on your line with iTunes. The EDGE plans only give you unlimited data for $20 and don't support the tiered plan. You should be able to switch back to the 4 and a microsim and keep the unlimite plan.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly worth the hassle of tracking down a 2G iPhone (used to have one, sold it, went to VZW for Droid Incredible right before the rush of awesome android phones came out). Trying to get one of those now to get the unlimited on AT&T and then upgrading to an iPhone 5 seems like too much work -- besides, if I possibly use "unofficial" tethering of some sort, I'd rather be abusing VZW. :lol:

[quote name='TheRock88']fuck this hot weather[/QUOTE]

You don't know anything about hot weather. It's rained once in like 4 months and has been 100+ for about a month.

[quote name='munch']You don't know anything about hot weather. It's rained once in like 4 months and has been 100+ for about a month.[/QUOTE]

It's a torrential downpour here in capital region NY today. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back