EB/Gamestop Summer Sale 2011 [Starts July 8th]

Jouvert

CAGiversary!
I thought I should cross-post this. Full credit goes to Xeerochild on RFD.

It's time once again for EB Canada's Summer Sale. Starts July 8th.

From EB's upcoming Summer Sale Flyer:

Assassin's Creed 2 - $9.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $19.99
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Brain and Body Connection - $29.99
Castlevania: Lord of Shadow - $29.99
Crackdown 2 - $9.99
Def Jam Rapstar Bundle - $29.99
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - $19.99
Enslaved - $9.99
Fallout 3: GOTY - $19.99
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - $29.99
Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $29.99
Halo Reach Legendary Edition - $49.99
Intect Game Talk Headset - $29.99
Kane & Lynch 2 - $9.99
Kinect Floor Stand - $9.99
Kinect Wall Mount - $4.99
Lost Planet 2 - $14.99
Lucha Libre - $19.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $29.99
Naughty Bear Gold - $19.99
Ninety Nine Nights - $19.99
Saint's Row 2 - $19.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - $19.99
Sonic Free Riders Kinect - $19.99
Stormrise - $4.99
Super Street Fighter IV - $19.99
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $19.99
Tekken 6 - $9.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Universe at War - $4.99
Vanquish - $9.99
Virtua Tennis 2009 - $4.99
Zumba Fitness - $29.99

PS3
3-in-1 Rermote - $29.99
Assassin's Creed 2 - $9.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $19.99
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Castlevania Lord of Shadows - $29.99
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - $19.99
Enslaved - $9.99
Fallout 3: GOTY - $19.99
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - $29.99
Kane & Lynch 2 - $9.99
Lost Planet 2 - $14.99
Lucha Libre - $19.99
MAG/Bluetooth Headset Bundle - $29.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Media Extension Bar - $9.99
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $29.99
Pro Elite Wireless Controller - $29.99
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - $24.99
Saint's Row 2 - $19.99
Stormrise - $4.99
Super Hero Squad: Infinity Gauntlet - $19.99
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $19.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Vanquish - $9.99
Yakuza 4 - $29.99
Zumba Fitness - $29.99

Wii
Afterglow Controller - $14.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex - $19.99
Darth Vader Lightsaber - $9.99
Epic Mickey - $19.99
Go Play Circus Star - $9.99
Go Play Lumberjack - $9.99
Gunblade NYC/LA - $9.99
Jillian Michaels Fitness 2011 - $19.99
Just Dance 2 - $19.99
Karaeoke Revolution Glee Bundle - $24.99
Let's Play - $9.99
Mad World - $9.99
Mario & Sonic Winter Games - $19.99
Nerf Remote - $19.99
Nights - $4.99
Nintendo Wii Console w/ Wii Sports Resorts - $99.99
NHL 11 Slapshot Bundle - $29.99
Pizza Delivery Boy - $9.99
Pro Pak Mini (Controller + Nunchuck) Purple/Black/Red - $29.99
Sambe de Amiga Maraca Bundle - $9.99
Sega Superstars tennis - $4.99
Sonic Colors - $19.99
Star Wars Light Up Lightsaber - $9.99
Super Monkey Ball Step Roll - $9.99
The Conduit 2 - $29.99
Thor: God of Thunder - $19.99
Tiger Woods PGA 12 Masters - $29.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Transformers: War for Cybertron - $19.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Wacky World of Sports - $4.99
Wipeout - $19.99

DS
3DS Pro Evolution Soccer - $29.99
3DS Rainbow Telestylus - $9.99
3DS Ridge Racer - $29.99
3DS Super Monkey Ball - $19.99
3DS Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $29.99
Are You Smarter than a 5 Grader? BTS - $14.99
Barbie Groom and Glam Pups - $14.99
Drawn to Life - $14.99
Drawn to Life: Next Chapter - $14.99
Drawn to Life Collection - $14.99
DSi Lego Clone Armor Case - $9.99
DSi Mini Folio - $9.99
Jeopardy - $14.99
Lego Star Wars III: Clone Wars - $24.99
Mario & Sonic Winter Games - $19.99
Megamind - $14.99
Naruto Shippudden Sasuke - $14.99
Paws and Claws: Marine Rescue - $14.99
Paws and Claws: Regal Resort - $14.99
Pictionary - $14.99
Planet 51 - $9.99
Pro Evolution 2011 - $29.99
Scripps Spelling Bee - $14.99
Super Hero Squad - $14.99
Thor: God of Thunder - $19.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Autbots - $19.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Decepticons - $19.99
Wheel of Fortune - $14.99
World of Zoo - $14.99

PC
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Darkspore Limited Edition - $29.99
Homefront - $29.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Sims Medieval - $29.99
Total War: Shogun 2 Limited Edition - $29.99

PSP
Prinny 2 - $19.99
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny - $19.99

These are the ones that I'll be thinking about. Here's hoping they do a deal of the day!

Crackdown 2 - $9.99
Enslaved - $9.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - $19.99
Vanquish - $9.99

Wii
Epic Mickey - $19.99
Sambe de Amiga Maraca Bundle - $9.99

I'll probably price match Yakuza 4, alot of people are saying good things about vanquish so I'll aim for that also

Dude, I JUST bought Vanquish today for $24.99 thank God (and you, OP) that I haven't opened it yet, and still have the receipt.

EDIT: Should I return it before the sale starts, or go in during the sale and say that I want the price difference? I've been screwed before by various retailers on these sort've deals, ie. returning it then coming back on sale day finding out they have no more stock, and trying to return it on sale day for price difference and them telling me I can't do that.

What do you guys think I should do?

[quote name='VetraX']Dude, I JUST bought Vanquish today for $24.99 thank God (and you, OP) that I haven't opened it yet, and still have the receipt.

EDIT: Should I return it before the sale starts, or go in during the sale and say that I want the price difference? I've been screwed before by various retailers on these sort've deals, ie. returning it then coming back on sale day finding out they have no more stock, and trying to return it on sale day for price difference and them telling me I can't do that.

What do you guys think I should do?[/QUOTE]

I would just return the game to be safe.

Just another heads up:

EB/Gamestop will also have daily door crashers during this sale. Hoarders, start your engines!

Can we expect the return of Facebreaker?

Here's the details (credit to TripleQ on RFD):

- Save up to 50% off select games
- daily doorcrashers

July 8-15
Trade More Get More
$3 extra on each game when you trade 3-4 games
$4 extra on each game when you trade 5-9 games
$5 extra on each game 10+

Applies only to $5 min TIV, need boxes and instructions

July 16-24
2 for $20 on all used games 14.99 or less
save $25 on used consoleshttp://forums.redflagdeals.com/members/tripleq-15731/

[quote name='VetraX']Dude, I JUST bought Vanquish today for $24.99 thank God (and you, OP) that I haven't opened it yet, and still have the receipt.

What do you guys think I should do?[/QUOTE]

I'll return it now, and do an instore pick up the day before at best buy or futureshop (ensures a copy waiting for you). Or you can always wait, return it that day and get it again, maybe get a friend to get it. I don't think eb games have price protection. Best buy does, so you can always get it at best buy first.. not sure if they'll price match (it'll depend on stock and the Sales person).

Great deal on Vanquish. I thought I was laughing when I got it for $15 on vacation in the States... just started the other day. I could've put it off another week :)

Some good deals in this sale. At this point in the generation, it really doesn't seem to make sense to buy at release unless the game you're buying is something you want to play immediately (i.e: something you love, a blockbuster or one everyone's talking about like Portal 2 -- which is maybe a combination of all three :))

I've been thinking about Mortal Kombat, but it'll be at $20 soon enough... probably before it makes it to the front of my queue :)

[quote name='SickBoy']Great deal on Vanquish. I thought I was laughing when I got it for $15 on vacation in the States... just started the other day. I could've put it off another week :)

Some good deals in this sale. At this point in the generation, it really doesn't seem to make sense to buy at release unless the game you're buying is something you want to play immediately (i.e: something you love, a blockbuster or one everyone's talking about like Portal 2 -- which is maybe a combination of all three :))

I've been thinking about Mortal Kombat, but it'll be at $20 soon enough... probably before it makes it to the front of my queue :)[/QUOTE]

Not true if your love is towards niche titles ;_;

Yakuza 4 at $30 is a great price. The Yakuza games seem to take forever to go down in price. I already finished it so I have no need to buy it.

MoH for $10 sounds good. I still have my saves from the rental.

I've been looking for a decent deal on Vanquish for a while now, but this blew my expectations clear out of the water. The demos had a great Contra-ish vibe going for them (very fast paced shooter with huge bosses and lots of little grunts. It basically struck me as what a 3D Contra done properly could turn out like), so hopefully no hoarders make it to the EB's around here too early.

[quote name='musdy']The guy who posted the deal confirmed that Yakuza 4 was not in the flyer.[/QUOTE]

He followed up saying even though it's not in the flyer, it is going to get a price drop. When that happens hopefully they update the website so we can pm.

Might be interested in the Assassin's Creed games. Other than that, nothing else catches my fancy.

Tony Hawk Ride $10? I wonder if that includes the board, lol.

[quote name='Korahn']

Tony Hawk Ride $10? I wonder if that includes the board, lol.[/QUOTE]
It's still not worth it

[quote name='Variation']It's still not worth it[/QUOTE]

LOL! seriously. They can't even give that away.

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any EB Games/Gamestops in Greater Vancouver (or Victoria) that let you do T2/T3's for ANY game. I'm going down there for a visit, and the two that are in my town do not allow it.

If so, please tell me which one(s)! Thank you.

[quote name='Shintetsuken']Maybe this isn't the best place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any EB Games/Gamestops in Greater Vancouver (or Victoria) that let you do T2/T3's for ANY game. I'm going down there for a visit, and the two that are in my town do not allow it.

If so, please tell me which one(s)! Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Try Oakridge (Canada Line Skytrain Station too :)

[quote name='philkessel81']Anyone know if their doing daily door-crashers again this summer?[/QUOTE]

Come on Kessel, you need to be hitting the gym, pumping iron, shooting at pucks at dryers and sh*t, not playing video games!! We need to bury 50 this year!

But yes, I do believe they are doing daily doorcrashers.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The flyer is up[/QUOTE]

Is Vanquish in there? Maybe it's right in front of me and I don't see it...

Vanquish and every version but the 3DS Super Street Fighter IV are NOT in the flyer.

Could care less about SSF4 (MVC3 ftw!) but hopefully Vanquish actually gets a drop

[quote name='Kekumba']So....that Tony Hawk game isn't even worth $1?[/QUOTE]

You couldn't pay me to take it.

[quote name='djsaiyan']You couldn't pay me to take it.[/QUOTE]

You are making me very curious about Tony Hawk Ride. Actually, I kind of want it just for the skateboard accessory.

But if Vanquish isn't for $9.99 then this sale is dead to me since Yakuza 4 apparently is getting a price drop and that was the only other game I was interested in.

So glad I didn't buy Brotherhood for $35 yesterday! I'm hoping the used version will drop as well, $15 would be amazing! Same with Vanquished and Enslaved, $4.99 used would be a steal!

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']You are making me very curious about Tony Hawk Ride. Actually, I kind of want it just for the skateboard accessory.

But if Vanquish isn't for $9.99 then this sale is dead to me since Yakuza 4 apparently is getting a price drop and that was the only other game I was interested in.[/QUOTE]

The skateboard accessory that only works with one very broken, very boring game?

The best thing you can do with it is bolt some trucks to it and use it as an actual board (videos on Youtube), otherwise, it's just going to take up space in your living room

[quote name='djsaiyan']The skateboard accessory that only works with one very broken, very boring game?

The best thing you can do with it is bolt some trucks to it and use it as an actual board (videos on Youtube), otherwise, it's just going to take up space in your living room[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the skateboard is full of gyroscopes and pressure sensors an evil genius could have some fun with. And the disc can be used as a coaster while you play a good game! It's almost worth it! :lol:

some great deals compare to the past 2 years!

yay ebgames, will definitely pick up a few games, especially during this year's summer drought

bread's done
Back