Club Nintendo Game & Watch Collection (DS) $14.99 USED @ GameStop

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

The Game & Watch Club Nintendo exclusive game has finally been added to GameStop's used library. They sell the game for $14.99 used. I got my copy from Club Nintendo, and its a pretty fun remake. With Club Nintendo charging 800 coins for it (which for some can be a real bitch) and ebay sellers usually charging $30-$50, I thought some of you may be interested. It is NOT currently in stock at GameStop.com, but it can be added to wishlists AND you can do an in-store inventory search, so I thought some of you might be interested. I know this one can be tougher to find because it's not a retail game, and I know that for those of you who dont primarily buy Nintendo, or perhaps only have a ds/3ds but not a wii, getting 800 coins can be a pain in the ass. So anyway, i figured id post this just to give people the heads up. Wish list it or check in-store availability if interested.

http://www.gamestop....ollection/77440
SKU: 919960

Note: GameStop.com does NOT have Game & Watch Collection 2 listed, so that one is still just Club Nintendo or ebay.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#2 brandonandtiff

brandonandtiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Just ordered this yesterday from Club Nintendo. There's no copies near me anyway, though.

#3 Pojo

Pojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Keeping mine sealed. I think the appeal of this game is solely for collection purposes, so an opened copy defeats the purpose.

Still great if you want it, though. I need to order the second one...
Posted Image

#4 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Picked it up a while ago from Gamestop. No rush people this is the regular price and has been for quite some time. They are super hard to find for obvious reasons so if you can get one it's a great deal for sure.

#5 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Too bad Gamestop throws away the DS cases...

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#6 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, I was going to say I'm betting on this being game only, if they even have it.

#7 Cheeseknight28

Cheeseknight28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

I just left a Gamestop (before finding this thread) which informed me the trade in had dropped to $3-4, and it was used for $15.

Was planning on flipping 2 copies after burning coins (as I read the price WAS $30+), guess not anymore. I still have G&W Galleries 1-4 on GB, GBC, and GBA so I don't need the DS one.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now playing:
:360: AC:B | Oblivion | Metro 2033
:ds: Radiant Historia | Pokemon Black | The World Ends with You
:psp: Valkyrie Profile
Just finished:
:360: Brink :censored:

Backlog status: 95+ games

#8 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

I just left a Gamestop (before finding this thread) which informed me the trade in had dropped to $3-4, and it was used for $15.

Was planning on flipping 2 copies after burning coins (as I read the price WAS $30+), guess not anymore. I still have G&W Galleries 1-4 on GB, GBC, and GBA so I don't need the DS one.

hmmm...if this one was $30 trade in when newer, perhaps if/when they start takig the 2nd game it could be a decent flip. might be worth keeping an eye on.

#9 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, I can't stand how Gamestop throws away DS game cases/manuals. I know mine does and that it really isn't a big deal, except Gamestop could have just stored them in the back until a customer purchased the game.

#10 GreenSpark

GreenSpark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

Keeping mine sealed. I think the appeal of this game is solely for collection purposes, so an opened copy defeats the purpose.

Still great if you want it, though. I need to order the second one...

You are exactly right. I got them both sealed from Ebay for $110 and that's how they shall forever remain...8-)

#11 hellboypi

hellboypi

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

I was able to pick up both Volume 1 & 2 at GS a few months ago at this price during a B2G1 sale.

I used the store locator for Vol. 1 and the first store I checked actually had Vol. 2. Picked up Vol. 1 at a different store.

I wanted to buy them outright because I was trying to save my Club coins, then just yesterday I realized that I had let 660 coins expire the previous day because I was going back and forth on what to spend them on....:bomb:

#12 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

thanks for the heads up I've always wanted to pick this up.

#13 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

I ordered this from Club Nintendo, and while it is fun for a little bit I'm glad I got it for free, not worth $15. It's only 3 little games and unless your really into trying to get high scores on Game and Watch games there isnt much to do that'll entertain you for more than 30 minutes.

Posted Image

#14 GohanX

GohanX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

Thanks for the link, I've been looking for this but none of the stores near me have it. One store had it once a while back for like $25, and I should have grabbed it but I was broke. I went back and naturally it was gone.

#15 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

I ordered this from Club Nintendo, and while it is fun for a little bit I'm glad I got it for free, not worth $15. It's only 3 little games and unless your really into trying to get high scores on Game and Watch games there isnt much to do that'll entertain you for more than 30 minutes.

This is my thinking as well. If I have the Club Nintendo coins (getting there), is this actually worth owning to play? (apart from the opinion above, of course)

#16 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

This is my thinking as well. If I have the Club Nintendo coins (getting there), is this actually worth owning to play? (apart from the opinion above, of course)

very much depends. is it a deep, long game? not at all. while game and watch was once the entire handheld game industry, we've obviously come a long way.

do you like pick up and play iphone games, such as robot unicorn attack or scoops, that may only last a few minutes but also could last 20-30 minutes if you're getting a really high score? if so, you might like the games in this collection.

if you want it for both playing AND collecting purposes, then the best way to go is to get one from club nintendo to keep sealed, and pick up another copy from gamestop to play.

#17 rockinroller91

rockinroller91

So I Herd U Liek Meh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

Picked one up today. It was Cart only, but I'm fine with that. As ^ said, it's like an iphone/mobile phone game. It's great on-the-go, to just play a game or two at a time. If you like those types of games, you should definitely consider getting it, especially since its hard to find.

#18 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:10 AM

It's been this price for a loooong time. And club nintendo pts are super easy to get. This is a dumb thread.

#19 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

It's been this price for a loooong time. And club nintendo pts are super easy to get. This is a dumb thread.

You're a dumb thread.

#20 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

You're a dumb thread.

True :cry::cry:

#21 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

Am I missing something here on getting Nintendo coins easily? I barely got enough to get "Grill Off: with Ultra Hand!" I would love to get the Game & Watch Collection easily just to open and play. I loved the Game & Watch series on the Gameboy/GB Advance.

#22 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

It baffles me why someone would order this from Club Nintendo and then trade it for like $4. Although congrats if you guys can find one.

Either way, there is a chance the game and watch games might be on the 3DS e-shop at some point and they are the same style of games.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#23 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

Am I missing something here on getting Nintendo coins easily? I barely got enough to get "Grill Off: with Ultra Hand!" I would love to get the Game & Watch Collection easily just to open and play. I loved the Game & Watch series on the Gameboy/GB Advance.

this is the purpose of the thread. not everbody has 99999999 club nintendo coins, and would like to pick it up to play. so those who rated 2 stars: you suck.

#24 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

Picked one up today at GameStop. Of course no box or manual :(. (does this even come with a manual in the retail packaging?) Also does GS even sell part 2? Someone in an earlier post stated that they bought both at GS but Part 2 isn't even listed on the GS website.

Posted Image

#25 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

Picked one up today at GameStop. Of course no box or manual :(. (does this even come with a manual in the retail packaging?) Also does GS even sell part 2? Someone in an earlier post stated that they bought both at GS but Part 2 isn't even listed on the GS website.

I picked one up from GS that came complete.

It's not listed on their website, but I bet GS will buy just about anything game-related, so I'd say yes. You may have better luck asking an employee as they may have it in their systems somehow.

#26 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

Does this game sell for much sealed? I have like 890 points for club nintendo and they are still available. I don't like collectibles or stuff I can't play so they are just wasting away. Maybe I'll order one and trade it off for something I do want or sell it even if I could get 15-20 on it be better than not using them.

Edited by sleepydumbdude, 08 July 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#27 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

If you're just looking to play the games rather than collect them, the GBA "Game & Watch Gallery 4" has about 20 of them, some remade with modern graphics. Its a great bargain if you want to experience them on the cheap.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#28 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:34 AM

Also does GS even sell part 2? Someone in an earlier post stated that they bought both at GS but Part 2 isn't even listed on the GS website.

Yeah, I can confirm this. I got part 2 at GS about six or so months ago (whenever they had that "buy 5 get 30% off" coupon), it was initially priced $19.99 I believe.

Does this game sell for much sealed?

I don't think so... I have a sealed part two up on ebay right now for $30 (after two months at $40 and not selling) and still no biters.... granted it's summer but I recall the two sealed part ones I sold didn't sell for much more, maybe $35 or so. I would suggest saving up a little bit more and going for that actual game and watch system they have up there.

If you're just looking to play the games rather than collect them, the GBA "Game & Watch Gallery 4" has about 20 of them, some remade with modern graphics. Its a great bargain if you want to experience them on the cheap.

Beat me to it... IMO as far as playability goes these club nintendo G&W collections are a rip compared to the other compilations for the GBA/GBC/etc. Of course I would never want to play a G&W game ever again, I had the Bomb Carry game when I was little and I think I have some trauma from all of the headaches I got from playing it in the car.

#29 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:02 AM

I would like to get parts 1 and 2 complete with boxes and manuals. If anyone has them both opened and is willing to trade or sell drop me a PM. I think I'd like an opened set an sealed set if possible. Let me know. Thanx!

Posted Image