Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/3/11 to 7/9/11) Fallout New Vegas $10

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#31 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

Makes me wish I didn't have Kinect Sports so I could get it with Dance Central for $20 each.
Posted Image

#32 killa5k7

killa5k7

Ashita ga aru sa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

Is this going to be in store only? Or can games be ordered online?

#33 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

I enjoyed New Vegas a lot more than Fallout 3. Tempted to get AC: Brotherhood at $30.

#34 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

Is this going to be in store only? Or can games be ordered online?

Check bestbuy.com/gamingsale on Sunday to see if the prices are updated.

#35 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

Sounds like there will be more on sale. It's been a long time since we've seen deals like these.

#36 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

Pretty good Kinect deals.

#37 MrDarkstorm

MrDarkstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

no pc love for new vegas?

Wait on Steam, the deal is coming...

#38 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

Why is New Vegas so cheap? Is it that bad of a game compared to the others?
Thanks for the heads up, OP.

it sold over 5 million including PC.
Link:http://www.vgchartz....s=50&sort=Total

#39 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

I bought Fallout NV collector's edition and was pleased, but I loved 3. I didn't experiance any gamefreezing, but I was playing on the 360, and heard it was worse on PS3/PC.

#40 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Definately in for New Vegas. Literally just sold my copy for 18$ to Best Buy just the other week xD.

Probally gonna grab Earth Defense Force too, wish they had a sale on it though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 ghettoqball

ghettoqball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Wow, New Vegas at $9.99 is an awesome price. Too bad I already have it (and I think I bought it at full price)

#42 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

I'm waiting on a GOTY since so much DLC came out for FO3 and I was able to nap that for a nice price, but then FO:NV didn't even crack game of the week with all the glitches and bugs. I'm sure they'll still do a compilation, but I'm surprised it's taking so long to get around to it.

#43 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

It looks like I have most of those $9.99 games. I'll still check it out on Sunday see if I see anything I want.

Rapstar is great if you like rap.

#44 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

Dance Central + Child of Eden might be a good deal

#45 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

It has it's glitches like Fallout 3 but it's still a great game, defiantly going to pick it up on 360 for that price.

Have the PS3 CE but this gives me another reason to go through the game again, it's really fun, it's a f'n steal for 10.

#46 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

Really hoping that Best Buy includes the Castlevania Collector's Edition for $29.99. For regular versions, I think it's about time for a $30 tag, and I bet we see even cheaper soon. But I'll snag the CE for that price.

Thanks!

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#47 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

Def Jam Rapstar is fun if you like hip-hop. Great list of songs...

Can we have a list of all the games?

#48 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

Thanks much OP!

Loving the Kinect sale shown there. Since I'm still within my time period, I might just see if I can go ahead and return Child of Eden so I can buy it again and get Wipeout: In The Zone for the hell of it. Well worth what might be a throwaway title (Wipeout) at that point.

14610.png

#49 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

Thanks much OP!

Loving the Kinect sale shown there. Since I'm still within my time period, I might just see if I can go ahead and return Child of Eden so I can buy it again and get Wipeout: In The Zone for the hell of it. Well worth what might be a throwaway title (Wipeout) at that point.

Immature, really... but... I read that first sentence as "Since I'm still on my period" twice. :cold:

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#50 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

I'm still on the fence about Rapstar. At $9.99, it's a steal (especially because I already have a mic). But it might be hard to get my friends to try it with me :-?
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#51 JanusZeal2

JanusZeal2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

I've seen NV for $20 all over the place the last few months. $9.99 is good, and I may yet bite on it, but I can't help but think the reason NV has been so cheap lately is because a GOTY/Ultimate edition with all the DLC is around the corner.

Has Obsidian finished the DLC, or is there more to come? If there's going to be a DLC-edition, it should drop not long after the last DLC comes out.

And if the DLC is still Xbox-exclusive, I can't see them leaving money on the table once the exclusivity contract expires, so I'm still predicting that this is going to follow FO3's trajectory. Release the final DLC, then turn around and put all DLC on PSN while making an Ultimate edition disc release at the same time.

-----------
Come to think of it, I did the same thing with ME2. Bought it for $10 during an EA sale, though I still wouldn't be surprised if an ME2 ultimate edition is announced closer to ME3's release. Not going to buy any DLC for ME2 until ME2:Ultimate Edition is certain one way or the another.

#52 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

Fallout New Vegas is a better Fallout game than 3 if you're a fan of 1 and 2.

The glitches are overhyped and the overhaul of game mechanics for NV make the gameplay far superior to 3 imo.

Specifically, in 3 raiders and "bad guys" will simply attack you on site, regardless of whether your character is good or evil. With New Vegas they added a faction system that allows you to play however you'd like and actually work with groups of raiders or evil characters. It's much more akin to the original Fallout games in that respect and the storyline ties directly into Fallout 1 and 2 more so than 3's East Coast offshoot.

All the major factions from the first game are back and there are better references for fans of the original lore. It has multiple endings that are actually different in significant ways this time and it just feels more like a Fallout game imo. Highly recommended at $9.99.

#53 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

Hoping Steam price matches NV during their Summer Sale.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#54 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

I might pick up New Vegas. I've already plugged 200+ hours into it when it came out and won't play it again any time soon but might be worth adding back to the collection at that price.

#55 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

The $20 and $30 game selection has my attention.

#56 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

Hmm. Considering picking up Dance Central and Chlid of Eden, then selling off DC - trade value on Amazon is $27 at present, could probably squeeze a few more dollars out of eBay, netting Child of Eden for $20-$23.

#57 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

Does anyone know if I can use the 10% email discount on Child of Eden and get Dance Central for free? Can both offers be combined?

#58 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

Just to let you guys know, it's seems like they took down the Def Jam Rapstar servers.

I'm very surprised to see FO:NV for so cheap, I wonder if I should keep waiting for the GOTY edition.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#59 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

DR2 is really tempting. Are you under a time limit like in the first one?

#60 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

Fallout New Vegas is a better Fallout game than 3 if you're a fan of 1 and 2.

The glitches are overhyped and the overhaul of game mechanics for NV make the gameplay far superior to 3 imo.

Specifically, in 3 raiders and "bad guys" will simply attack you on site, regardless of whether your character is good or evil. With New Vegas they added a faction system that allows you to play however you'd like and actually work with groups of raiders or evil characters. It's much more akin to the original Fallout games in that respect and the storyline ties directly into Fallout 1 and 2 more so than 3's East Coast offshoot.

All the major factions from the first game are back and there are better references for fans of the original lore. It has multiple endings that are actually different in significant ways this time and it just feels more like a Fallout game imo. Highly recommended at $9.99.

I was about to post all of this, but instead, I can just agree with this post. It was a title that was worth $60 at launch. For $10 new, it is a steal.