Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/3/11 to 7/9/11) Fallout New Vegas $10

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#91 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

What if you hated Dead Rising 1? Then what?

#92 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Because it's from Bethesda...and they're notorious for making GotY editions of their games.

There wont be a GOTY edition for New vegas, but there should be some type of compilation yea, thats a given. but at 9.99 for your vanilla copy, it might end up being cheaper in the long run, then a re-released 49.99-59.99 compilation pack.

Crap why cant lords of shadow hit 20 ? The lowest its been is 30

Just get it at 30! I bough the LE for 80 and havn't regretted a cent of it! Its a MASTERFUL game.
Posted Image

#93 chrisnsally

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

Seriously, you guys haven't heard anything bad about F:NV? Do you read gaming blogs? It had a bad rep from the start partly because of the game itself, but mostly because of game-freezing glitches. I've had friends that stopped playing mid-game cuz they can't get any further. Granted, some of the recent patches might have helped some, but people still complain about glitches and my Fallout junkie friends still get console freezes every so often.

There will be people chiming in saying they didn't experience any glitches. I didn't either for Fallout 3 or Oblivion, despite what people have said so take it for what it's worth.

With Skyrim releasing in 4 months, I ain't touching F:NV unless someone gave it to me for free. Even then I'd have to think if I want to risk the time and frustration.

Good price if you really want it though. :)

That's why there are things called "updates."

Visually, the game really shows how old the engine is. Otherwise, it's a blast to play if you enjoyed the original.

#94 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

A 3rd and 4th DLC for Fallout New Vegas has already been officially announced for this year, and there are strong rumors of a 5th and possibly 6th DLC being in the works for going into next year, so those of you wishing for an all-in-one compilation are going to have to wait at LEAST a year from now, probably xmas 2012. That said, though, I'm *definitely* waiting for it myself, cuz even at $9.99 for the main game, and even if I wait for the DLCs to go on Deal Of The Week for 50% off, I'm still gonna have to spend $20-30 in DLCs on top of a $10 game, and that's just not gonna happen.

#95 miroresh

miroresh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

New Vegas was a great game. Put 55+ hours into it and really enjoyed it. However, i did NOT finish exploring the whole world, there is a lot more game than 55+ hours.
Posted Image

#96 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Do the gift cards from console deals usually have an expiration date?

Best Buy giftcards DO NOT EXPIRE

Usually its a year from when you got it.

^^^they promote the fact that their's don't expire or have fees
link:http://www.bestbuy.c...0.c?id=cat09000

that it's probably more of an overstock issue.

correct plus thanks to the Gamestop FA:NV b2g1 flip to BB for credit there's a huge influx of used games that will take away from new sales. Not to mention the total # of new copies stores ordered expecting the game to sell like LA Noire through the 1st few weeks but the glitches turned people off right away.

If I were to pick up AC: Brotherhood tomorrow using the @Gamer coupon, would I be able to get a price adjustment next week? I'm assuming it's somewhere between 'hell no' and 'only if I get the world's most awesome cashier/manager team,' but a little confirmation would be nice.

people on the @gamer thread have reported no problems getting adjustments this way with Dragon Age 2 when it went from $20 to $15.

#97 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

people on the @gamer thread have reported no problems getting adjustments this way with Dragon Age 2 when it went from $20 to $15.

Only asked is since the coupon expires today. Hopefully I won't run into any problems.

#98 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Man I'm being a bit of a cheap ass gamer in my mind. Amazon sells Midnight Club for $20, so $15 + tax from Target is a bit lukewarm. $10 would have made it a definite purchase.

Check TRU I think their b1g1 40% of 50% off may work for you depending on what price($20 or $30) the game is.

Like these
http://www.toysrus.c...US/2255974&sr=1

#99 g13

g13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

I've stayed away from Midnight Club because I heard it gets very difficult and the ai is cheap. I seem to remember that a patch was supposed to be released to fix this. Was it fixed with the complete version?
I got nothing...

#100 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

I'm thinking of getting Child of Eden and the MJ game. Your fitness seems ok too.

#101 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Only asked is since the coupon expires today. Hopefully I won't run into any problems.

Oh trust me I understand AC:B for $15 I remember all the chaos on my @gamer thread when the game was $30 but the coupon weren't confirmed to stack yet THEN...lol I wouldn't mention that the coupons expired though people were probably just letting them know they didn't feel like doing a return/rebuy for a coupon they already used.

#102 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Just got a kinect, whatre the titles worth buying?

#103 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

I've stayed away from Midnight Club because I heard it gets very difficult and the ai is cheap. I seem to remember that a patch was supposed to be released to fix this. Was it fixed with the complete version?

The patch fixes it and the complete edition contains the latest patch. So yeah it is fixed

#104 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Enuf,

Do you know how the 40% Trade in bonus would work when preordering NCAA 12? Do I get a ticket from the kiosk and then take my games to customer service and use the preorder ticket to get the bonus? Assuming their TIV don't tank tomorrow I have some games I'd like to trade in if I can get the 40% extra for just putting $5 towards NCAA12

#105 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

^Disc in the ps3 version. I imagine the same for 360

It's on the disk for the xbox version also. You're correct

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#106 goku31389

goku31389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

CHEAP AI FTW!!!!! Mainly because I feel like a manly MAN when i beat it. lol
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/drivingmad3]Posted Image
[/URL]

#107 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

Dance Central and Kinect Sports

Dance Central IS the killer app

#108 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

Dance Central and Kinect Sports

Dance Central IS the killer app

Solid, $40 for both sounds like a good deal. Any other titles with picking up with this sale (obviously sets of 2 are better)?

#109 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

Child of Eden is awesome, but like others have said the price is falling pretty quickly for some reason so I'm not sure it's worth it in this deal.
Friend Code: 0731-4859-4967
Posted Image

#110 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Solid, $40 for both sounds like a good deal. Any other titles with picking up with this sale (obviously sets of 2 are better)?

I've heard Child of Eden is amazing, and Your Shape is really good too. Well, if you're into the whole fitness game thing.

#111 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

Dance Central and Child of Eden imo.

#112 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

What if you hated Dead Rising 1? Then what?

I hated Dead Rising but really enjoyed Dead Rising 2. It did a very good job of addressing all my issues with the first game. Which were mainly the horrible AI of the people you tried to save, annoying boss type battles, time felt too constricting and I didn't like Frank West.

#113 ZCG

ZCG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

Any idea if this Castlevania Lords of Shadow includes the free download code for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? I ask because some Google results show Best Buy saying it is inculuded, but not sure how old that info is:

http://www.bestbuy.c...r&pt=1284267601

#114 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

:-k Hmm...FO:NV for $9.99 sounds like a steal (like others have said), especially from what I've heard about the writing, but with Skyrim coming out in November, would it be worth it? Can anyone who's played the DLC for New Vegas released thus far say if the DLC would be worth waiting for in a complete GotY package?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#115 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

:-k Hmm...FO:NV for $9.99 sounds like a steal (like others have said), especially from what I've heard about the writing, but with Skyrim coming out in November, would it be worth it? Can anyone who's played the DLC for New Vegas released thus far say if the DLC would be worth waiting for in a complete GotY package?

I personally have played the first DLC pack and it was terrible, so glad I got it for 400 pts.

#116 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

The DLC is all pretty brief. Consider also that any GOTY would probably be at least $40. And with XBL gold you frequently get DLC sales. Would seem to be a good bet to get it at $10 and get DLC if you really enjoy the game, perhaps even get the DLC on sale.

Also while an open world game, I can't see this lasting you past the release of Skyrim. Not even close really, I beat it on a rental.

#117 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

Enuf,

Do you know how the 40% Trade in bonus would work when preordering NCAA 12? Do I get a ticket from the kiosk and then take my games to customer service and use the preorder ticket to get the bonus? Assuming their TIV don't tank tomorrow I have some games I'd like to trade in if I can get the 40% extra for just putting $5 towards NCAA12

To be honest I'm not sure but the specialized gaming reps @ BB seem to know their $hit. You should be able to find them at the new trade in kiosk. Call the store if you know they have a kiosk ask to be transfered to gaming they should be able to help.

I talked to one some time ago before E3 & he knew "big things" were coming & right after that the unadvertised deals started showing up along with the MK/Portal 2/Socom 4 gc deals. I spoke with one Friday he was a true gamer let him know to join CAG so we can get more inside info.

#118 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Any idea if this Castlevania Lords of Shadow includes the free download code for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? I ask because some Google results show Best Buy saying it is inculuded, but not sure how old that info is:

http://www.bestbuy.c...r&pt=1284267601

most BB exclusive DLC's have a sticker on the outside of the cover identifying them.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#119 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

$10 is more then fair for FO:NV. It's not as revolutionary as FO3 but still a decent game.
I might get a Kinect this weekend, dance central and Child of Eden are calling to me

#120 lilwiggum

lilwiggum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

So I take it from this thread the xbox version of new Vegas is less buggy than the ps3? Is the 360 the version to get?