Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/3/11 to 7/9/11) Fallout New Vegas $10

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#121 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

So I take it from this thread the xbox version of new Vegas is less buggy than the ps3? Is the 360 the version to get?

Did you play Fallout 3(especially the DLC) or Morrowind back in the day? If so then you know what to expect from either version. Open world games like these give you so much freedom but that freedom comes at the cost of game stability.

Save often. I played on the 360 and glitched twice in 30 or 40 hours gameplay. Which was actually far less than I did in Fallout 3, honestly.

#122 An J0e

An J0e

Satirical Statement

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

i got new vegas around 2 months ago, beat it and did a majority of the side stuff and only had a few slip ups. I only had one time where it seemed to crash out of the blue, but i was outside and near a big city so a random npc fight might have been the cause. Otherwise, just avoid doing a few things that would cause it to crash, like once i set up a bunch of explosives in a room with alot of objects to deal with some tough enemies and the excessive physics crashed it (like 500 cans flying about). The thing that got me twice was entering vats almost as soon as i entered an area (before everything was loaded or had physics being applied). Other than that no problems.

The combat and basic gameplay was better than fallout 3, if simply for the addition of ironsights for the guns making them much more fun for non vats/agility characters. The number of things to pickup can be a little overwhelming with the addition of the crafting system (i could never tell what i should keep or throw away so i beat the game only crafting 2 items). If your like me hardcore mode was fun, i enjoyed going to the safe-house and organizing all my stuff and then choosing gun load out, food, water, special healing. I was surprised how much weighted ammo added to strategy, where the use of things like rockets came under much more scrutiny but had a bigger effect. Companion system is alot better.

Overall i enjoyed the gameplay alot more then fallout 3, only thing that was lacking was in the missions. This has alot more missions but they aren't as deep as fallout 3 missions. A fallout 3 mission would have you discover a town, meet a character, explore 3 areas, discision to help or fight, reward. Big mission structure for new vegas is discover town, meet with town leader who tells you to increase reputation, meet with other members, do 3 slightly tedious fetch/ skill check quest, return to leader. Still a few real good ones though.

at $10 if you put more then 50 hours into fallout 3 it's a great deal. If you just like rpgs, then i still say buy it, look up where the companions and unique weapons you would like are; and just beat the main storyline/companion quest, and turn it into a 20-30 game for $10.

#123 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

So I take it from this thread the xbox version of new Vegas is less buggy than the ps3? Is the 360 the version to get?

On a PS3 forum I heard the opposite :lol: I played F:NV the day it came out and last week...a significant difference. It's still buggy, but that's the cost of an open world game. Even GTA: IV suffered in that respect but still was popular. Hell, Infamous was open world but the main character was defeated by a fence :applause:

#124 Hinoshiko

Hinoshiko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Awesome deals, gotta make plans to go to best buy tomorrow.

#125 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

I'm sending my used copy of Dance Central back, lol. I'll eat the two dollars in shipping, and get Child Of Eden for free!

#126 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

ha ha tell us how that pro-rated refund goes
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#127 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

ha ha tell us how that pro-rated refund goes

Gohastings is pretty cool about returns. They actually paid for shipping the last two times, I had to return an item. Oblivion and Dual Shock 3 (they sent me a sixaxis)....

#128 Lhallfin

Lhallfin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

I personally have played the first DLC pack and it was terrible, so glad I got it for 400 pts.

I played the first two and loved the first one "dead money" it's like a horror survival off shoot. And was very meh on the second "honest hearts" it was just very generic with very few new items.

I'll say it again cuz people seem weirdly negative towards dead money. I loved it completely.

Also its worth noting it adds about 8 - 10 hours of content which is a lot for a dlc. Fable dlcs add like 2 hours and cost more.

I am tempted to wait and play skyrim and then buy a discounted new Vegas + all dlc pack next spring. But my fallout jones might not let that fly.

Originally I heard NV was at it's buggiest on the xbox, but really theres been 6 or 7 patches since and I dont have any issues with you.

#129 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

Gotta get in there early tomorrow and get dance central and kinect sports
Posted Image

#130 uricmu

uricmu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

Is fallout NV significantly nicer on PC than consoles?

#131 airwalke

airwalke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

FFS, Target...

And then they proceed to put some advertisement-worthy games on Temporary Price Cut, but never actually advertise them. Just like this past week.

Well, I saw the label strips for an end-cap that I usually wait until Mondays to set, and these six games are on it, in addition to four others. Nothing really stood out, I think the other Lego Indy DS game was on there.

#132 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

wow best buy has really uped their game recently..

#133 htown01

htown01

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

Great deal on New Vegas. I'm going to be around my PC for the majority of tomorrow, I'll be submitting a "tell us about a lower price" to Amazon every time I can remember (link). I hope some of y'all do it at least once ;)

#134 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

Circuit City 2004 sale all over again? Not the quality of the games but if the games that are going to be $4.99 are the ones already on clearance in store, there is going to be very little left by Sunday just like what happened with Circuit City for their 4th of July ad. They advertised the clearance for $4.99 and they were already at that price for a few days so by the time the ad was in the newspapers, nothing was left.

#135 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:48 AM

^I didn't even see that portion of the original post. I might have to check it out. Hopefully, they're just shovel-ware titles so my wallet can take a rest. I would gladly pick up some of the budget titles, which normally go for $14.99-19.99 for $4.99 like Sonic Rush/Sonic Classics Collection/Plants Vs. Zombies/PSP greatest hits titles/Dark Star One.

#136 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:11 AM

You can get these games with bestbuy's b2g1 free sale right ?
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#137 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

FFS, Target...
And then they proceed to put some advertisement-worthy games on Temporary Price Cut, but never actually advertise them. Just like this past week.
Well, I saw the label strips for an end-cap that I usually wait until Mondays to set, and these six games are on it, in addition to four others. Nothing really stood out, I think the other Lego Indy DS game was on there.

Since Kmart has taken gaming seriously it won't be long till Sears enters the fray. BB is doing their thing now too so competition will either force target/walmart to step their game up or else. They'll be complaining about how their electronic dept sales are down & when people look into the #'s besides TV's & other high end items gaming will be a negative.

Edited by Enuf, 03 July 2011 - 05:25 AM.

#138 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

Yikes! New Vegas for $10?! That shit dropped quick!

#139 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

you can get these games with bestbuy's b2g1 free sale right ?

7/3-7/9
7/10-7/16

Yikes! New Vegas for $10?! That shit dropped quick!

I'm surprised they aren't selling the used version for $5 since they must have 10,000 of them.

#140 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

You can get these games with bestbuy's b2g1 free sale right ?

No, that's for the following week.

#141 Lhallfin

Lhallfin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

Is fallout NV significantly nicer on PC than consoles?

I think it looks a lot better. And of course I prefer mouse control for shooting. Add in the fact you can use mods to change or add things to the game, I love me some pc fallout.

Runs great on my pc 2.6 duo, 6 gigs ram, 550 ti, vista 64bit. Hmdi 1080p.

#142 Game_Dude_3

Game_Dude_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

Looks like I'll finally grab Fallout NV. I've needed a new game and at $10, it's just right.

#143 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:29 AM

Curious to see what other $4.99+ titles there would be... as stated before, they are probably ones that probably already been at that price.

Hope the deal goes live at midnight or soon after so we can see what's going on.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#144 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

7/3-7/9
7/10-7/16

I'm surprised they aren't selling the used version for $5 since they must have 10,000 of them.

Thanks for the info about the two sales weeks. Oh and you are so right about new Vegas, the whole used market is flooded with them. My blockbuster has a ton of them and they can't give them away ( even during the b1g1 free sale lol )
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#145 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:02 AM

Target needs to step their game deals game up like bestbuy has. Haven't brought a game at targets in ages
Currently playing

690739.png

#146 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

Anyone else have suggestions for the buy 1 get 1 free Kinect sale?

I'm interested in Dance Central but honestly don't see anything else that interests me. Another CAG suggested that Eden game but it didn't seem appealing.

I was leaning towards Yourself Fitness or Biggest Loser as the second game, but I don't know.

I appreciate all opinions on the Kinect games in this sale.

#147 Wapcaplet

Wapcaplet

Ancient Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

Any idea if this Castlevania Lords of Shadow includes the free download code for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? I ask because some Google results show Best Buy saying it is inculuded, but not sure how old that info is:

http://www.bestbuy.c...r&pt=1284267601

At my last visit to BB a couple of days ago, I saw about 10 copies of Castlevania, and every single one had the SotN code sticker on the front. YMMV, of course.

#148 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:21 AM

Dead Rising 2 Limited Edition for $20 & Fallout: LV for $10 is steal deal ever ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#149 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:23 AM

does best buy have the 240 msp version of dance central?

#150 Spideypaul

Spideypaul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:23 AM

If anyone's looking for a Kinect game suggestion I'd go for Kinect Sports, Dance Central, and Your Shape Fitness.