Amazon dotd Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (ds) $15.99

All those reprints slaughtered the collectors value on this one. I still have the bonus copy that came with Ghost Trick sealed, as I've already beat this once.

This is one I've been thinking about picking up for a while. Is this a good price point or has it been spotted for lower? It's the lowest I've seen for new.

Personally it should be about the amount of people being able to enjoy the game. Value of the game be damned. Yeah it's nice to have something rare but I'd give that up if it meant more people can play it.

Only things like limited editions make sense to be rare.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']All those reprints slaughtered the collectors value on this one. I still have the bonus copy that came with Ghost Trick sealed, as I've already beat this once.[/QUOTE]

fuck "collector's value", Capcom of America has basically stopped releasing these games in the US because people weren't buying enough. So get them NOW, in new condition.

I have to agree, just buy the games. We'll never see AAI2 because the lack of sales. Though it's partly Capcom's fault for no advertising and poor distro of the Ace series in general.

[quote name='tossin']fuck "collector's value", Capcom of America has basically stopped releasing these games in the US because people weren't buying enough. So get them NOW, in new condition.[/QUOTE]

True enough. The only copy of T&T I could ever find was the game cart only, which I normally abhor buying. But even that little cartridge sells for $30+. I have the entire series now, all of them are mint except that one.

Really wish we would get AAI2 (Though I haven't beat the first yet, on the last case and got it spoiled so I just have no drive to do so) but it's looking unlikely. Hopefully Level-5 will give us a little Wright v Layton love, they seem to be going full steam with Layton localizations. Hell, we are even getting the movie now!

[quote name='Nohbdy']Or just spend $10 on the WiiWare version.[/QUOTE]

That would probably work as well, though it might look horrible scaled up to television-size (plus portability's nice and the touch-screen is less shaky than the Wiimote).

Then again, if you really wanted to try and convince Capcom of America to release the games over here, you'd buy every version. But that probably wouldn't work.

DAMN YOU COA!

[quote name='tossin']it might look horrible scaled up to television-size[/QUOTE]
Not horrible, but it doesn't look good at all. There's also a huge border around the whole thing that is hell if you have a TV prone to burn-in. It may also be worth noting that it is a port of the GBA version, not the DS version.

bread's done
Back