F.E.A.R. 3 39.99 at Amazon

I seriously advise anyone that thinks this is a deal to pass. This game is terrible and brings much shame to the F.E.A.R. franchise, avoid until it's $15 or less.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I seriously advise anyone that thinks this is a deal to pass. This game is terrible and brings much shame to the F.E.A.R. franchise, avoid until it's $15 or less.[/QUOTE]
lol, agreed.

[quote name='ijustw1n']It can't be that bad, can it?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the game, definitely worth the $25 I payed for it from tru. Ive played all the fear games before and thought that fear 3 is the best one.

The original FEAR is still the best game in the franchise. I liked FEAR 3, but it was just missing... something. A lot of what made FEAR... FEAR.

[quote name='ijustw1n']It can't be that bad, can it?[/QUOTE]
It's pretty horrible. They focus entirely too much on co-op, story is absolute trash compared to the last two games, and the game doesnt have any scary bits at all.

The multiplayer is decent but it doesn't save the game at all and the campaign is way, wayyyy too short. I finished it in 3 hours and that's with both endings.

never played a fear game before-so maybe thats why im liking it-especially the multi-really enjoy survival and fucking run. been a little addicted to those two modes last couple of days,

but i also bought the game for about $27.00 with tax from tru and think that its been a great purchase.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Pretty sure this will be $19.99 or less around Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'll take that long. :)

Is it true you have to use r2 to shoot on ps3? It's ridiculous how console controls aren't customizable...

no you can change it to L1/R1 aim shoot.

what is ridiculous is that it doesn't have deathmatch modes. it only has some crappy possession mode and its 4 players max. not a bad coop game, but don't waste ur time if you don't have anyone to play it with.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I seriously advise anyone that thinks this is a deal to pass. This game is terrible and brings much shame to the F.E.A.R. franchise, avoid until it's $15 or less.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more. This is my first FEAR game and I'm not a fan of FPS but this game is fantastic. The story is a little off, but the gameplay is solid and it has some good scary bits.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']no you can change it to L1/R1 aim shoot.

what is ridiculous is that it doesn't have deathmatch modes. it only has some crappy possession mode and its 4 players max. not a bad coop game, but don't waste ur time if you don't have anyone to play it with.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. It had been awhile since I read reviews for this so my impression seems to have been off...

It's a bit misleading to just call it a bad game. The core gameplay (shooting mechanics and whatnot) is top quality, they just butchered the story, the fear elements, and it's waaaaay too short.

So short and arcadey it almost feels like it should've been an XBLA/ PSN release.

I paid 40 for it and I liked it. If you weren't a fan of any of the Fear games or never tried them (I tried part 2's demo and didn't like it) then I would recommend if you just want a straight up FPS. I'll be trading this in Sunday and get 30 (50% extra) for it so it was basically a 10 dollar rental lol so whatever. It was fun for a while and yes, the game is short as hell. I'm playing it through Fettel or whatever his name now. Trying to go for rank 21 in the game and try to get other trophies on the side. Overall, it's an average FPS. I felt 40 was okay for it. Didn't feel ripped off or anything, I thought the story was okay and the elements of Gameplay is cool with me.

Don't take this serious though, not a hardcore FPS fan.

I am hoping this game is $40 next week at Best Buy with the buy 2 get 1 free. Would get all 3 copies of F3AR for me and 2 buddies to co op. But am sure that won't happen and will just end up passing on it.

Fear 3 is awesome but to many people are so bull headed they mock a game cause they changed the way it feels. They went more action and co op method this time around and took out most if not all the tense buildup the other fear games have. The core gameplay is A+ along with the co op campaign and some of the mp modes. The fu**ing run mode is awesome!

Just an example if they changed cod theme to outer space and sci fi people will bash the hell out of it. The sad part is most of the people bashing did not play it at all or played it for 30-60 mins and said forget this. Then you got the worst bunch they read reviews and act like they played the game.

The game is well worth $60 tag just remember they changed it into more action packed and not much in the tense scary feel it had before. The story is cool but some reason people do not get it.... I think they need to read more books IMO. :)

Hit me up if you buy it and want to have fun co op campaign.

Just makes me sad just like people loving reality shows omg what has American tv become!

I really enjoyed it. It's an awesome co-op game, to boot, as most of the modes support/enthuse it. Not very scary, and the story is pretty vague for a FEAR game, but the combat/gunplay/cover systems are excellent. It also feels polished. To my enjoyment, it also has all of the dismemberment and gore of the previous games.

It is too bad that it's not as scary, but due to the story, I think there's a reason for it.
Alma isn't necessarily out to get you, this time.

All the talk of co-op makes me hesitate... Is it worth getting if you only really play single player, but you enjoyed the horror elements of the other games?

Yes, it's worth it. The game is great in SP AND co-op. In fact, it's probably better to play the game single player first just to enjoy the spooky bits by yourself. Note that beating the game in SP unlocks the ability to play as the other character and he's got a completely different play style. Great supplement in co-op and still fun on his own. This game was just plain fun. You can bet your behind it'll get cheaper but it's a great game all the same, even if you just want to play alone.

That said, it is short. We are DEFINITELY talking 4-5 hours maximum. I've beaten it twice though and it hasn't gotten old. There aren't that many linear shooters I can say that about. It's just a solidly produced game. I really enjoyed it and recommend it for fans of the previous FEAR games.

Oh, and forgot one other negative, the score system in the game is tied to persistent level up unlocks of more health, more slow-mo/spirit meters. This is utterly stupid as it means players are gimped unless they work through the grind. Not DECISIVELY so nor is it a dealbreaker but still irritating.

EDIT: Worth noting, I believe this game was made by a different studio and was meant to be the FEAR2 before Monolith got the FEAR rights back and made their own true FEAR2, making this one FEAR3. The difference in design philosophies shows and would be an interesting study for those who like that sort of thing. Really, FEAR2 was a huge storyline step into the crapper from FEAR1, and FEAR3 is an even bigger step in a different direction, not necessarily the crapper. I think the writing in FEAR3 is better than FEAR2's, but we are definitely talking a DIFFERENT game thematically than the other FEARs. It's got the same sort of "shoot for a while. Spooky stuff for a while" pacing and atmosphere, but it definitely doesn't feel like it naturally flows from the previous FEARs. It's still a well-told game story in its own right, though and not quite as, in my opinion, dreadful as FEAR2's story was.

Although I believe this game is worth $40, the unpopularity of it along with the economy suggests a $20 price point within a month or two. I'm going to pick it up off Craigslist for $30 with the online code and the seller told that I'm the only one who's asked about it.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Fear 3 is awesome but to many people are so bull headed they mock a game cause they changed the way it feels. They went more action and co op method this time around and took out most if not all the tense buildup the other fear games have. The core gameplay is A+ along with the co op campaign and some of the mp modes. The fu**ing run mode is awesome!

Just an example if they changed cod theme to outer space and sci fi people will bash the hell out of it. The sad part is most of the people bashing did not play it at all or played it for 30-60 mins and said forget this. Then you got the worst bunch they read reviews and act like they played the game.

The game is well worth $60 tag just remember they changed it into more action packed and not much in the tense scary feel it had before. The story is cool but some reason people do not get it.... I think they need to read more books IMO. :)

Hit me up if you buy it and want to have fun co op campaign.

Just makes me sad just like people loving reality shows omg what has American tv become![/QUOTE]

That's a terrible example cause everyone loves the star wars mod for CoD

bread's done
Back