Planetside 2 Discussion - Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

Was playing tonight, and gotta say the game needs some serious love fixing glitches/exploits.

I was DC'ed 3 different times, one time was on the last couple seconds needed to cap a facility I'd been working on for 10 minutes, and had a 3 kill streak just from defending one point. At another point we had a galaxy deployed near a cap point, and like 5 of us attacking. 1 guy on the other team was able to wipe us out several times, even though we were all hitting him. Then his teammate was glitched to look like a dead body, and kept killing us from behind when we thought he was dead. Another time the same guy killed me through a wall with 2 shots. Finally they spawned a tank, and was using it to destroy our galaxy. I hit him with 2 missiles and the guy (same one who killed 5 of us without dying) jumped out, and killed me again. I respawned at the galaxy, and ran for cover. 3 of the enemies attacked and finally destroyed the galaxy, so I have no backup. I shot the guy who was killing us in the back with half a clip, and finally killed him. Then his glitched dead buddy came slidding up, and I got a lucky headshot on him. They had 2 more teammates show up, and kept running for cover and getting pot-shots in on them. The 2 I had just killed respawned, and I hit one of them dead on with a rocket, only to have him live with full shields and health, while his glitched buddy shot me in the back. Really annoying.

I also died several times by heavy machine gun fire that somehow was more accurate and had better range than my sniper rifle.

I'm looking forward to more of the weapons and certifications being available.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Just keep in mind it's under closed beta and NDA. You should leave feedback on the beta forums so they (hopefully) do something. I've already told them my thoughts on tanks and max units so far.

#33 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

i get extreme choppy-fps in indoors.

dunno what to do about it

The NDA is over, look at youtube

#34 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, the NDA ended a week or so ago. You can chat it up all you want now.

The graphics are still a little buggy Flip, a lot of people are having trouble. 2 updates or so ago they fixed the issue I was having, so they are working on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

ug, gotta download a 4 gig update

ill add you later, maybe you can teach me how to play

#36 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

It did? That's odd for a closed beta. Works for me!

#37 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, the updates are crazy on this. I can 'teach' you how to die repetitively, thats how I play :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, the updates are crazy on this. I can 'teach' you how to die repetitively, thats how I play :)

I haven't looked yet, did they put a timer on maxes yet? If not, just play that while tank/jet/whatever is on cooldown. They're seriously broken without a timer, because unless you're toting a rocket launcher or something heavy -- you're dead lol.

#39 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

updates remind of SMNC on steam. They dont know how to do updates, so you have to redownload the game EVERY time. i uninstalled that because its stupid to do updates like that

#40 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Eh, some of the updates are huge. I had one the other day that was only 166kb though.

I haven't looked yet, did they put a timer on maxes yet? If not, just play that while tank/jet/whatever is on cooldown. They're seriously broken without a timer, because unless you're toting a rocket launcher or something heavy -- you're dead lol.

Doesnt look like it. I only hop in them when I'm in the middle of huge fights though. I'm usually a infiltrator or a heavy. I haven't really even tried the tanks yet, just havent been interested. I've killed a bunch of them though. I mostly just spawn somewhere with heavy fighting, then kill things. I sometimes will go out into quiet areas on a quad and steal back areas though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

I sometimes will go out into quiet areas on a quad and steal back areas though.

NC sometimes has GAL pilots running ninja missions for BR points, so try to catch a ride if you see it in chat. It's pretty awesome swooping in and hot dropping onto the flag area, then load up and do it again elsewhere. :D

#42 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Holy crap everything was cheap tonight! We literally couldnt do anything as the Blue and Purple factions teamed up on us Reds. They were swarming us with tanks and planes, and we couldnt even get a plane up to fight back. I got a tank at one point, and started firing on a plane that had landed and was already smoking. 5 shells into it, and it was still not destroyed. The infantry hopped out and laid down regular machine gun fire on me, and dropped my armor fast. I kept firing at the plane, but everyone hopped back in and they flew off. I was able to run 1 guy down, then another plane strafed me and I died.

Even without the vehicle advantage, we couldnt do much. Why in the world can I hit a Medic square in the face with a rocket, and he just turns around and kills me in like 3 shots? Some guy named Gaaz seemed to be after me, if I went Infiltrator he somehow snuck into our base and shot me in the back. If I went Heavy, he popped up in a tank near me. If I was a Engineer, he landed a rocket on me as soon as my turret was deployed. This is all with me respawning at random places. One time I went infiltrator and decided to go cap a point nowhere nearby. I ran cross country for like 5 minutes, went in an empty base, and started capturing it. Then he pops up behind me again >.<

Also, team killing is annoying as hell. I captured a point with like 2 other guys. We had been capping/losing the point over and over. So I camped there after we capped it. Some guy, on my team, came up and started moving back and forth in front of me. So I moved towards the other wall, and he unloaded a full clip in my back. Really? He had nothing better to do? So I respawn, and we lose that point before I can even get back there.

From what I saw in chat today, the different factions weapons are not really the same. I figured the base sniper rifle for each side would be about the same but with a different model and effects. I guess not, because people were complaining that one faction's SR was a 1-shot kill. And they were right, I was getting 1-shotted with full shields.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yep, each faction has different strengths and weaknesses. It was in PS1 as well, so I don't mind it. I'm fairly certain the NC sniper needs to be a clean hit or headshot to 1-shot people though. As for FF, I do hope it's optional on some servers because coming from BF3, it's really taxing to shift from a shoot first mentality and tank shelling can splash friendlies which makes my job 20x harder laying down suppressing fire. Realism in games can really suck the fun out with stuff like that.

The whole 2v1 thing is something that won't really be an issue on live servers unless factions are skewed. Right now beta is restricted to one map, so it's really a population balance issue.

#44 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'd probably be happy if they fixed the issue with people magically not taking damage.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Still waiting for a beta invite wamp wa.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#46 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

With the Alpha Squad now being available, I was seeing some weapons that I didnt see before. Couple of Maxes were running around with flame throwers, and some people were using different vehicle turrets. No way I can drop $40 on it though, plus I'm not sure I'd want to.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

What I find kind of stupid is how their certing works, in that upgrades are applied when you spawn the vehicle, not who is commanding/gunning. This is a step backwards from what BF3 does well and they've copied so much already, this really needs changing badly. Tired of having no zoom optics in the gunners chair despite having it unlocked.

#48 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well, only having the upgrades available when it spawns makes sense, but I can see where it is frustrating. I started a Vanu character (well actually I started using the one my friend started to try the game out), and I like the weapons and vehicles much better. I spent awhile just merrily running people down with a tank, before someone in a plane took me out. Also I put a infrared scope on a sniper rifle, MUCH better.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

It doesn't make sense because it's the player that should make a difference. Every vehicle should spawn with no upgrades and only the commander/gunner should have access to those upgrades, just like BF3 does it. It's a work in progress though, because they only added gunner seats to tanks recently. The tank commander also needs to be able to see the gunner's ammunition supply for when they're low or bingo. No real excuse for that information to not be there since they put such an emphasis on supply lines.

#50 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Wow good times last night. I got in and was invited to a squad. We were Vanu pushing on a TR base. We were about to get a couple caps in when the NC showed up and ruined our plans. We tried to cap this same point for awhile, but there were too many to fight between the other two factions. So our platoon leader got annoyed, and had everyone meet clear on the far East side of the map. Then we just pushed upwards. We took all the NC territory in a line up the East side, then was working on a large base towards the center. We capped it without much trouble, then the NC tried to take it back. We all loaded up in a Sunderer (a full load of 12!) and retook a couple outlying points. While we did that, NC were able to get a good lock down on B and C points, so we had to take them back. At this time, the Squad had become a full 3 squad platoon, and I somehow was in charge of Beta Squad. Our platoon leader was giving orders, and people actually followed them. He had A Squad (his squad) suit up as Maxes, Heavy Infantry, and Engineers, C Squad defended points, and my Squad all took tanks and took out their vehicle support.

We took back the points, and all the surrounding area. When we were done we had taken the entire right side of the map, and partway into the left. NC only had a couple small territories left, and the rest was TR territory. We were estimating we had 70% of the map when I finally went to bed.

This game is SO much better with a group who knows what they are doing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, sometimes things just click like that. All too often what happens is there's not a strong group of players to lead the lemmings and everything breaks down. Once a group does start smashing though, everyone wants to be in on it. It takes a strong community to pull off and sadly guilds like that have died off ever since MMOs started being carebear for the casuals.

#52 kirby145

kirby145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

I'd love to play, if anyone has a key. :drool:
Posted Image
Xbox: kirby145x

#53 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'd love to play, if anyone has a key. :drool:

I have a key for you if you still need one.

Big update with a new continent, certs, weapons, and capture mechanics. Check it out!

#54 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

I just signed up and waiting for a key, but if anyone has a key to spare that would be awesome :)
Posted Image

#55 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I just signed up and waiting for a key, but if anyone has a key to spare that would be awesome :)

Sent you a key - When you get one share with others.

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#56 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Sent you a key - When you get one share with others.

Of course! Thanks again :D
Posted Image

#57 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Game comes out 11/20/12!

Amerish reveal:

Kind of stale video and I'm a bit worried just how 'varied' planets are going to be. Just from watching that, it didn't appear to be a huge difference from the original beta map.

#58 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Wish I had a way to get two keys so a friend and I could play this before it goes Live and mess around a bit. I'm guessing existing beta users get one to give out after playing a bit?

Edited by Draekon, 21 October 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#59 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Wish I had a way to get two keys so a friend and I could play this before it goes Live and mess around a bit. I'm guessing existing beta users get one to give out after playing a bit?

Yeah, one came in the last newsletter they sent out for me.

#60 jakusotsu

jakusotsu

Sparkalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

I got a key if someone wants one. Just PM me and it's yours.